toldailytopic: The rapture. Do you believe it will happen? If so, when and how will i

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not in the flesh. He was/is a Jew. I'm a Gentile.

Israel and the Church....different promises, different destinies.

One 'household of GOD' with diversity.

I am a Gentile, brought near to the commonwealth of Israel, by the blood of Christ.

Yep!

And you don't?

You will find out soon enough, but do not be too dissappointed that you are still here and in the tribulation.

LA.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not in the flesh. He was/is a Jew. I'm a Gentile.

So God looks upon the flesh and not the heart??---

Rom 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

Israel and the Church....different promises, different destinies.

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

One 'household of GOD' with diversity.

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

I am a Gentile, brought near to the commonwealth of Israel, by the blood of Christ.

Only near?

I see. You are not a member of the one new man then?

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

LA.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Now is a good time to ask. I'm new to being a Christian, and there are many points of it I don't fully understand. What exactly is the Rapture? I've been given conflicting opinions on it at Church. Yes I'm aware I may get conflicting views here as well, but I've noticed many on here really know their Bible.

There is this that is simple to understand about the rapture

God doe not save us from tribulation [that is persecution] although oft He saves us through, or in the midst of it. But there is no way possible that when God begins to pour His fury out upon His enemies that His people can be punished along with the wicked...that as Abe points out cannot be.

God's people....His present people and His future people

His present people are the church, the body of Christ WE are going to our heavenly abode, we will be caught up to meet the returning Lord

His future people are the Jews, they are to inherit the kingdom of heaven on earth. They also are to be kept safe from God's wrath.

This is why they are being re-gathered into their land, this why there must soon come a much greater gathering. This how we know we are in the last days.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
His future people are the Jews, they are to inherit the kingdom of heaven on earth. They also are to be kept safe from God's wrath.

:nono:

Why the Jews?

God's chosen people in the OT were the Israelites. The "Jews" are only two tribes of the Israelites.

What about all the Israelites from the other 10 tribes?

I don't believe God has a "future people", but I am curious why you limit it to just the "Jews"?

You do know that not all Israelites are Jews?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Why the Jews?

God's chosen people in the OT were the Israelites. The "Jews" are only two tribes of the Israelites.

I don't believe God has a "future people", but I am curious why you limit it to just the "Jews"?

The Jews know who they are, Hitler and his gang knew who they were....it is very difficult for Jewish people to disguise their Jewishness.

Would that it were as difficult for christians to disguise their christianity...but I have some thoughts about that :)

sky.

BANNED
Banned

Why the Jews?

Jew, Hebrew, Israelite...are synonymous at first the term "Jew" applied to just the tribe of Judah eventually it was applied to all 12 tribes.

Paul said that he was a Hebrew of the Hebrews Philippians 3:5

an Israeli Romans 11:1

A Jew from Tarsus, even though he was from the tribe of Benjamin

Acts 21:39

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A Jew from Tarsus, even though he was from the tribe of Benjamin

Acts 21:39

Israel spit into two nations (House of Israel & House of Judah)

The tribes of Judah and Benjamin made up the House of Judah.

The other 10 tribes made up the House of Israel.

The Levites were scattered amongst both houses.

Only the Israelites from the House of Judah were called "Jews".

The first time the word "Jews" is used in the KJV, the "Jews" are at war against Israel.

Paul was a "Jew" because he was from the tribe of Benjamin, which was one of the tribes of the House of Judah.

The Israelites from the House of Israel (10 tribes) were never called Jews.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Jews know who they are, Hitler and his gang knew who they were....it is very difficult for Jewish people to disguise their Jewishness.

Yes, they were all Jews.

None of these "Jews" from WWII were of the 10 tribes. They were all descendants from the House of Judah, which was made up of two tribes (Judah & Benjamin)

Again, why do you claim God's "future people" will only be Jews? What about all the Israelites from the other 10 tribes?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Israel spit into two nations (House of Israel & House of Judah)

The tribes of Judah and Benjamin made up the House of Judah.

The other 10 tribes made up the House of Israel.

The Levites were scattered amongst both houses.

Only the Israelites from the House of Judah were called "Jews".

The first time the word "Jews" is used in the KJV, the "Jews" are at war against Israel.

Paul was a "Jew" because he was from the tribe of Benjamin, which was one of the tribes of the House of Judah.

The Israelites from the House of Israel (10 tribes) were never called Jews.

I don't believe you, you have nothing here except your opinion. Provide some proof.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I don't know what tet is trying to prove but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the rapture. Maybe a new thread should be started.

ThePresbyteers

He came in 70AD

But did anyone visibly see Him?

Find WaldoJesus

templedest.jpg

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
So God looks upon the flesh and not the heart??---

GOD looks at the heart of both Jews and Gentiles.

Rom 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

Yep.

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Yep.

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Yep, fellowcitizens of the household of GOD.
That doesn't erase distinctions and diversity.

Only near?

I see. You are not a member of the one new man then?

I claim to be.

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

LA.

None of these verses eliminate, supersede, abrogate or homogenize GOD's specific promises to His people Israel.

The Church, composed of both believing Jews and Gentiles, on an equal basis, with regard to their standing before GOD through the salvation that only comes through the cross, are promised heaven. No where are they promised a geographical land on this earth.....but National Israel is. The Church is not Israel and I'm not a Jew, nor an Israelite. Neither were the preflood Enoch, or Noah of Israel, for example, but they are of the overall people (the household) of GOD, and people of faith.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Apparently, Gentiles could be called Jews, but those from the house of Israel could not be called Jews. :dizzy:

What makes you think that the Israelites from the House of Israel wanted to become Jews?

If you would ever read the OT you would see that the House of Israel separated from the Jews of Judah.

What you are saying would be the same as saying the Yankees could become Confederates. Or, the Yankees could be called Confederates.

IOW, yes the Yankees could become Confederates, and yes the Israelites from the 10 tribes could become Jews, but I don't think either group was very interested in doing so.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know what tet is trying to prove but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the rapture. Maybe a new thread should be started.

Because if dispensationalists understood who Jews were, and who Israelites were, they wouldn't have invented the "rapture".

Because dispensationalists have no idea who "Israel" is, they decided to say "Israel" is synonymous with "Jews".

Then they decided to draw a demarcation line with "Jews" and "church" because they don't know what else to do to explain the things they don't understand.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bottom line is that he wants to make himself one of the house of Israel, with all of their promises fulfilled non-literally in him.

That's not what I'm doing.

Still waiting for you to tell us who the sheep of the other fold are?

Why are you doing your disappearing act again?