toldailytopic: The Petraeus affair. Is the scandal involving CIA Director Petraeus m

Alate_One

How so? I think this resignation is ruse to something much bigger behind it. My father (a retired Col.) and I were talking today about this and he thinks the same thing.

Because a resignation under such circumstances wouldn't trigger an investigation that would ultimately uncover said thing you're trying to hide? :dizzy:

You're talking nonsense. If they wanted to hide something, they would have hidden the affair and thus *actually* hiding whatever it was you think they're trying to hide by publicizing the affair.

You let the rest of us know when you have any evidence at all that supports your wild accusations.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Because a resignation under such circumstances wouldn't trigger an investigation that would ultimately uncover said thing you're trying to hide? :dizzy:

You're talking nonsense. If they wanted to hide something, they would have hidden the affair and thus *actually* hiding whatever it was you think they're trying to hide by publicizing the affair.

You let the rest of us know when you have any evidence at all that supports your wild accusations.

:blabla: Oh, the Democrat quisling tool is speaking again? You should go to work for MSNBC they need more cheerleaders to promote the party and squelch all independent thought. Your a real "go with the crowd" kind of person and it shows, try having some thoughts of your own for change, instead of championing those of your party.

Alate_One

:blabla: Oh, the Democrat quisling tool is speaking again?
Is that all the intelligence you can muster in response?

You, on one hand, claim Obama is incompetent and then on the other are asserting he and his administration have come up with some masterful scheme to distract from some *other* amazingly diabolical actions. It simply does not make sense.

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories no matter what political party they are aimed at. They are often self contradictory. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Given the information we have thus far, a simple affair fits the evidence rather well.

Other information could come out, but until then claiming conspiracy is wild, unfounded speculation.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Is that all the intelligence you can muster in response?

You, on one hand, claim Obama is incompetent and then on the other are asserting he and his administration have come up with some masterful scheme to distract from some *other* amazingly diabolical actions. It simply does not make sense.

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories no matter what political party they are aimed at. They are often self contradictory. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Given the information we have thus far, a simple affair fits the evidence rather well.

Other information could come out, but until then claiming conspiracy is wild, unfounded speculation.

The difference here is you believe in these corrupt individuals (politicians) and I do not, nor am I willing to cut either side a break on anything. Go ahead give me the party line again...

Alate_One

The difference here is you believe in these corrupt individuals (politicians) and I do not, nor am I willing to cut either side a break on anything. Go ahead give me the party line again...
Doesn't have anything to do with cutting anyone a break. In fact you're assigning them more competence and subterfuge than I think they're capable of pulling off. :p

It's like claiming the Dick Cheney hunting accident was a coverup for something even bigger. It doesn't make any sense when the roles are reversed either. And that's despite the fact that I do think Cheney is corrupt.

Without supporting evidence, conspiracy is silly.

Granite

Hall of Fame
:blabla: Oh, the Democrat quisling tool is speaking again? You should go to work for MSNBC they need more cheerleaders to promote the party and squelch all independent thought. Your a real "go with the crowd" kind of person and it shows, try having some thoughts of your own for change, instead of championing those of your party.

Pure duckspeak.