toldailytopic: The 2012 Olympics. Are you excited about this years games? Which event

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:cheers: Here is Willis winning the silver medal in the 1500 meters at the 2008 Olympics.(Note: Yes, Willis finished 3rd in the video but the winner failed his drug test and was disqualified)

Oh, that Nick Willis.

I thought he was a BMX guy. :eek:

PureX

I wasn't watching. Did the American athletes wear those ridiculous commie my uniforms?

PureX

Worse, they were commie uniforms patterned after a French gay pride day parade. :plain:
I saw those things on the news and thought they were the stupidest costumes I'd ever seen. They really did look like some sort of gay fascist military uniform. The flap on TV was about them being made in China, but I thought the real outrage was how ridiculous of a design they were.

lovemeorhateme

I saw those things on the news and thought they were the stupidest costumes I'd ever seen. They really did look like some sort of gay fascist military uniform. The flap on TV was about them being made in China, but I thought the real outrage was how ridiculous of a design they were.

:darwinsm:

Me and the friends I was watching it with thought that the US team looked gay in their uniforms. At least you got thunderous applause and cheering from a British audience in spite of that fact!

:devil:

woopah

That was a cool part. :thumb:

Mr. Bean was the best though. :D

Other than that, :idunno:. I was watching without sound so it was a little hard to understand what was going on.

Well there's your issue :p choice of music was one of my favourite parts.

It always amazes me how recognised and loved Mr Bean is worldwide. It's liked in Britain but Rowan Atkinson has much much better material, like Blackadder.

glad to see you guys enjoyed the ceremony :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well there's your issue :p choice of music was one of my favourite parts.

It always amazes me how recognised and loved Mr Bean is worldwide. It's liked in Britain but Rowan Atkinson has much much better material, like Blackadder. [
Agreed. That's where I discovered him and Hugh Laurie also.

glad to see you guys enjoyed the ceremony :D
Well done. :thumb:

The Berean

I can't believe Sir Roger Bannister didn't get to light the Olympic flame! That is ridiculous!!! :madmad: For those who don't know, Bannister was the first man ever to run a mile under four minutes in 1954.

Sir-Roger-Bannister-compl-008.jpg

Last edited:

PureX

:darwinsm:

Me and the friends I was watching it with thought that the US team looked gay in their uniforms. At least you got thunderous applause and cheering from a British audience in spite of that fact!

:devil:
Yeah, but those Brits are mostly gay, anyway. :darwinsm:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can't believe Sir Roger Bannister didn't get to light the Olympic flame! That is ridiculous!!! :madmad: For those who don't know, Bannister was the first man ever to run a mile under four minutes in 1954.
That's great. But I thought Hugh Laurie should have done the honors...and as House. :plain: Hey, the Queen did a bit with a fictional character.

lovemeorhateme

Sir-Roger-Bannister-compl-008.jpg

I actually really liked the way that they did the lighting with the next generation of athelete's.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I miss the days when they actually used amateur athletes on the basketball team.

I'm enjoying the swimming part of the Olympics.

Jordan Fontenot

I always keep up with men and women's gymnastics and it's a great couple of teams this year. Have to say, there have been a lot of upsets already just in qualifying and I'm looking forward to more shock and awe.

Jordan Fontenot

And of course, being the good American that I am, I'm rooting for the US, and all of the best athletes...unless of course they are French.

highlife

Ninja warrior is more credible than the olymics, as soon as they started disqualifying people for political reasons they made themselves irrelavent.