toldailytopic: Should the USA release photo's of Osama Bin Laden's dead body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charity

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 3rd, 2011 07:38 PM

toldailytopic: Should the USA release photo's of Osama Bin Laden's dead body?

:wave:

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Oh for glorysake...WHAT ABOUT THE man or brave troops behind the DEATH bullet interview on TV...iD LIKE THAT BETTER! :wave:

Charity

So... if they release the photo will you look at it? I will.

wish they had of thought of holding him down an injected him with poison till dead...then taken all the pics....instead blowing his head inside out dosn't help the rumors about him perhaps being dead an killed in 2007....

Lovejoy

Oh for glorysake...WHAT ABOUT THE man or brave troops behind the DEATH bullet interview on TV...iD LIKE THAT BETTER! :wave:

Never happen, dear. Those guys would be under fatwa till the end of time. Heck, rushdie still is!

Charity

Never happen, dear. Those guys would be under fatwa till the end of time. Heck, rushdie still is!

yes, all is quiet down under, nothing from our troops yet, feeling very separated...no pics of the satisfied face's yet?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I think they will release the photos
but
they don't have to as far as I am concerned

those who don't believe don't want to

Charity

Id rather see a death certificate, with an all agreed date an agreed description of cause of death an of departure!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So the administration calls the image of Osama bin Laden's corpse, graphic imagery, a gruesome photograph, and questions the appropriateness of releasing photographs of Osama bin Laden.

Having been in the funeral service profession, I've been in the preparation room, believe me it is not for the faint of heart, and there are things that a person should not see about such matters. I have seen embalmers shake their head and maybe have a momentary tear in the eye at times at the sight of some of the bodies they see due to the extent of physical damage a body has suffered, and sometimes because somebody has to have a we want to see the body funeral, that can be a double shock.

Anyway, look how graphic movies and television is now with the over the top blood guts murder(s), mass carnage, then the director yells "Cut," the dead get up and get ready for retake, maybe because they didn't die quite right. So now majority of our society is desensitized to such photos and videos of the dead. Yes for some there is a morbid curiosity, yes there is the body of proof clamor from society, and there are those who could care less.

So I say yes release the photo, look if you want. We've seen photos of a many dead people, Hitler, Mussolini, Mad Man Sadam, Dillinger, Cicil War soldiers, and other graphic photos, why is bin Laden's corpse photo any different..........Reasons not to show bin Laden's photo, security, enemy retaliations, or lack of a photo.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
There is something rather selfish about the demand to release inflammatory photos of a dead Islamic leader in order to satisfy skeptics...... who are never quite satisfied anyway. More Muslims will be inspired to kill more Westerners and the conspiracy crowd will move on to the next thing to "disbelieve".

NO! photos won't help.

Caino

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Obama will release pictures of our soldier's coffins from Iraq and Afghanistan but he will not show the pictures of a defeated enemy? Mt 7:16. Which side would he like demoralized? Pr 11:7. :Nineveh:

Last edited:
i found this at the site listed above

"Imagine how the American people would react if Al Qaeda killed one of our troops or military leaders, and put photos of the body on the internet," Rogers continued. "Osama bin Laden is not a trophy - he is dead and let's now focus on continuing the fight until Al Qaida has been eliminated."

and it kinda makes sense except for one (or 2..) things."

People need to quit comparing Americans (well, OK MOST Americans?) to terrorists in the Middle East .. seems the only thing we have in common is being humans... which, when you think of it, doesn't mean a whole lot.. and some ppl act (no ARE) sub human... bin Laden being one. The only ones who would be upset about seeing such a thing are terrorists... and uh... Guess what, Everyone???

NEWSFLASH!!!!

Terrorists are already incensed against us...

nicholsmom

What makes you think a photo would squash the conspiracy theorists?
There's so much room for conspiracy theories with this one too - Photoshop among them.

There are still people who think Obama forged his birth certificate (WND),
But he did :plain:

we didn't land on the moon
Those pictures were made with a copy of Photoshop secretly stolen out of the future. Didn't you know?

and that dinosaurs lived with people;
Land of the Lost was so convincing...

if someone thinks the US government did something shady, they would continue to believe it after the photo.

You can bet your bottom dollar on that one. In my experience, people believe what they want to believe in spite of the evidence.

i already dont believe 1/2 of what i see on "news" shows... Of maybe i should say that the media only shows us HALF of what we ought to know about..

hence my disgust w/ TV

so photos would be a good thing..

haven't we Americans been lied to enough?

i mean geez... even those of us who knew BHO was bad news...

didn't realize he was / is a communist... until we got proof... nationalized businesses... nationalized health care... death panels.. suppression of free speech to get rid of the right 's talk shows...

nicholsmom

I think it was a boneheaded move to bury the body at sea. You can't shop a body :nono:

Edit: No, I take it back. It was brilliant to bury the body at sea for the same reason that it was brilliant to refuse to produce a birth certificate - to make reasonable requests look like conspiracy theories - to make the critics of Obama look like total nut-jobs. Obama is nothing if not a political genius.

typical BHO rhetoric

"Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader. He was a mass murderer of Muslims,” Obama said. “So his demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity.”

doesn't even mention the AMERICANS who died..

becus they live in a country he despises...

Commie, go home..

Kenya works for me

I think it was a boneheaded move to bury the body at sea. You can't shop a body :nono:

Edit: No, I take it back. It was brilliant to bury the body at sea for the same reason that it was brilliant to refuse to produce a birth certificate - to make reasonable requests look like conspiracy theories - to make the critics of Obama look like total nut-jobs. Obama is nothing if not a political genius.

NOT

a genius would not be so bold as to do things like this that irritate (or in my case anger) the majority of americans...

he is a pawn of the devil..

and the devil, intelligent as he is ... is no match for Jesus Christ...

Status
Not open for further replies.