toldailytopic: Should parents be allowed to name their children anything they want?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Regarding these parents::liberals:

A parent might, for whatever reason, choose to name their child:

Pleasepickonme
or
Imalittlefaggot
or
Godhatesfags
or
Barack Hussein

I think we could all agree that those parents should be reviled. But is anybody willing to argue that it's the role of the government to regulate them?
:rotfl:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
A set of parents in New Jersey had their children taken away and courts have ruled that there is no evidence of child abuse. Their children were removed from their home and have not been returned. All of this activity stemmed from a request for a birthday cake for their son, Adolph Hitler Campbell. They also have a daughter named Aryan Nation Campbell. Their third child is named Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie.

So, should parents be able to name their children anything they want?

Here is a link to the news story:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26/baby-hitler-parents-lose-custody-kids-even-though-judge-says-no-abuse/%27?intcmp=obinsite

Kids should be taken away, and parents should be sterylized at best, and execution is fine with me. I have zero sense of humor for this garbage. We do not need them breathing our air and polluting our world. Send them back to God for reworking.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
My daughter in law has an uncle named Adolf. She was embarrassed to say it. We all looked at each other, I hadn't met anyone with that name or anyone who knew someone with that name, well other than "the Adolph".

If I were him, I would have changed my name but he didn't and he's not young. Too many weird looks and questions asked to and of him I'm sure.

One of the nicest people I've ever met had the first name of Adolf. Was the guy you're talking about actually named after him or something?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Bob Enyart's middle name is Adolph.

When I first mentioned this Jefferson had a conniption because he assumed I was making it up.

PureX

What's wrong with that? My kids are named Ajax and Comet. Boy and a girl - cute little buggers.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My maiden name was "Juanakrakkor" so they thought it would be appropriate to name me Poly. :D

Pam Baldwin

Yes, they can.

It's legal, even if it's not a very loving thing to do to your child.

It seems that these parents are using their kids to push their beliefs....without any regard for the children. That's morally wrong...but not legally wrong. So, what if someone decides to legislate what you can and cannot name your child. That would be worse...talk about a can of worms!

....I have a problem with people misspelling a name (like Anfernee....is it supposed to be "Anthony" with a lisp??)....it's like a neon sign :

MY Parents are stupid!!:dunce:

NarrowWay

Awww, shucks!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah, the funny thing is that Poly's new last name is wannadoodleallday. What're the odds of that!?

rainee

My maiden name was "Juanakrakkor" so they thought it would be appropriate to name me Poly. :D

:first: Priceless!

Yes well, Inzl, Poly must have had lots of practice dealing with her name. When I first came here I was looking people up
and saw Poly's personal page where TH had at one time kept coming on and typing things like this:

October 1st, 2008
...you know, it would be hysterical if you were a Quaker.

October 7th, 2008
Sweet background...can't believe you didn't rise to the Poly want to be a Quaker line.

November 2nd, 2009
...still trying to find a way to make the whole Poly wanna Quaker joke work...

Inzl, sigh, I laughed my head off - and kinda felt sorry for Poly!

Kinda makes ya miss him doesn't it? :)

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
That's disgusting. It's like I just heard Persephone's life story. :vomit:

I almost clicked it, but I trust your judgment here and I'm glad I didn't.

I recognized the name Shel Silverstein and assumed it'd be entertaining. Maybe I liked him when I was young or something. :idunno:

I think the underlying issue here is freedom of speech. If you believe we should have it, then you can't deny parents the right to name their child whatever they like with the same limits, if any, and for the same reasons. Basically, who gets to decide what name(s) are not allowed and by what standard?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert. Adolph. Enyart.

Yeah...

And?

Does that mean there is a connection to somebody he is oppose to? You are such a pathetic loser. :loser:

I have an idea. Go hang out at a site discussing the ins and outs of the easter bunny, and his details. Since that is how you portray your stay here.