toldailytopic: Should it be illegal to commit suicide?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Making suicide illegal would stop some attempts.

Life insurance comes to mind.
Since crime doesn't pay, it would stop some people from taking out large insurance policies and then killing themselves in a desperate attempt to provide for their family.

Don't most life insurance policies carry a 2 year waiting period fo full payout caveat already though?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
picture.php

I wonder which is worse?

:freak: Um the 200$ fine that you cant pay if youre dead?

Thunder's Muse

People who are truly suicidal don't fear death..what makes you think they'll fear doing something illegal?

Since crime doesn't pay, it would stop some people from taking out large insurance policies and then killing themselves in a desperate attempt to provide for their family.

Don't most insurance policies come with a suicide clause?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

People who are truly suicidal don't fear death..what makes you think they'll fear doing something illegal?

Don't most insurance policies come with a suicide clause?

I have no idea how many insurance policies come with a suicide clause.
I would assume that the reason a suicide clause was ever necessary for them to add to a policy would be for the very reason I stated --- folks killing themselves just to protect their family financially.

It's not the point anyway.

The point is that since it is illegal to benefit from a crime, then, legally, no insurance company would have to pay (even if a policy didn't have a suicide clause).

See what I mean?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
only gay people should be allowed to commit suicide . The church must accept that they are not in charge of the world...

What? maybe it isn't any of my business...I hate when that happens.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
only gay people should be allowed to commit suicide . The church must accept that they are not in charge of the world...

What? maybe it isn't any of my business...I hate when that happens.
Yeah, because the legality of suicide is a religious issue.:AMR: