toldailytopic: Romney vs Obama round one. Thoughts? Assessment?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
When ever the populace gets restless a distraction is brought forth to make them run back into the arms of the corperations security, but this tatic is about to end, they are getting bolder and bolder and their concern over puplic oppinion will no longer matter because they have no fear of us!

How many can realy give up that security for some freedom has always been the line of demarcation when revolution is demanded, history won't be kind to this generations lack of fortitude in the basic truths we are supposed to be founded on.

drbrumley

No He does not. Better look again.

Doc's point is based on a lie, while mine is based on what the Bible really says.

Ok, then show me. I am willing to say I'm wrong if you are correct. Are you willing to say your wrong if I'm correct?

So please, show me scripture to prove your assertion.

ddevonb

I really think Obama's poor performance was the result of 5 years of receiving worship and softball questions from the mainstream media.

He was simply not prepared to handle the tough challenges.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I also held my nose pulling that "r" lever and we still get garbage. When is enough "enough?"

I don't. I still vote for republicans, especially locals like Todd Akin, my district representative who is now running for Senate. Just not Romney, McCain....and some others.

ddevonb

I wonder what percentage of people actually determine their vote based on a debate? It can't be a very high number can it?

However, a debate like last night might be different. That wasn't close on anyone's score card.

I would think it would have more of an impact on those who are undecided. Although if the Obama faithful become convinced that he will lose, some will stay home from the polls.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unless Jesus is running for President, it is still a vote for evil. Grow up you big baby.

But you can still vote for somebody that doens't profane God. I agree, nobody's flesh is perfect.

But there are people that are false. That is what happened to Obama. He is probably the dumbest person I have seen on a national stage. He is a complete moron. He doens't know anything about anything. And it showed when he can't hide behind Rachel Madow, Ed, or commericals. That is why he looked bad. It is just who he is. Like when his teleprompter breaks.

drbrumley

I don't. I still vote for republicans, especially locals like Todd Akin, my district representative who is now running for Senate. Just not Romney, McCain....and some others.

Don't get me wrong, local elections are where we need to be. This National stuff, it's plain nutty.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Don't get me wrong, local elections are where we need to be. This National stuff, it's plain nutty.

Agreed. The level of corruption just increases the higher you go. Can you imagine how many faces you need to step on, how many times you need to sell out, before you're elected president?

drbrumley

Agreed. The level of corruption just increases the higher you go. Can you imagine how many faces you need to step on, how many times you need to sell out, before you're elected president?

Yeah, esp. if your in the either of the two major parties. By the time someone hits senator or president, he is just a shell of what he once was.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Yeah, esp. if your in the either of the two major parties. By the time someone hits senator or president, he is just a shell of what he once was.

Yeop! :plain:

drbrumley

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 4th, 2012 07:34 AM

toldailytopic: Romney vs Obama round one. Thoughts? Assessment?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

‘I’ll Eat the Men, You Gobble the Women’
Posted by Becky Akers on October 4, 2012 06:40 AM
“Obama, Romney Clash on How to Rescue Middle Class” reads the headline on the printed edition of USAToday.

Which is rather like Moby Dick and Jaws debating how to rescue the survivors of a shipwreck.

Buzz

Ok, then show me. I am willing to say I'm wrong if you are correct. Are you?

So please, show me scripture to prove your assertion.
The verse in question is Romans 3:8

"For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin"

Paul has established from chapters 1 & 2 that all men have gone astray from worshiping God and serving themselves. We are all proven to be sinners either through the Law given to the Jew or the law written on the hearts of the Gentiles. We are all "evil" and need a Savior. David was king, yet did evil. All men fall short of the glory of God. Many of us are authorities as parents, yet none of us are perfect. No one is free from doing evil. You will not find a man who does not do evil.

Ecclesiastes 7:20
"Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins."

God does not tell us to vote or not to vote for those in authority, He only says that He has established authorities for our good to deter evil behavior. For this reason, as a citizen of this country in order to see to it that an authority is in place who will do more good than evil I am in a position to cast my vote to hopefully see that happen. Those who have that choice and don't use it are "doing evil" by allowing those who do more evil than good, or by voting for those who do more evil than good.

Now back to the verse that has been taken out of context.

"Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God. What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it? May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written,

“That You may be justified in Your words,
And prevail when You are judged.”

Paul is speaking about how the Jews have not believed God. Just because they do not believe Him, does in no way nullify what God said to them. God's promises are true, no matter what men believe or say about Him. By what we say we believe (our words), we are either justified or condemned. Matt 12:37

Our unrighteousness proves the righteousness of God. Our evil proves that God is good. This begs the question:

But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? The God who inflicts wrath is not unrighteous, is He? (I am speaking in human terms.) May it never be! For otherwise, how will God judge the world?

God is justified in judging the world, because we are all found to be unrighteous. God's wrath was therefore poured out on His Son for all our unrighteousness (as Paul explains in the next 2 chapters).

But if through my lie the truth of God abounded to His glory, why am I also still being judged as a sinner?

God is glorified by our unrighteousness. Yet, He is justified in judging all of us as sinners, for we all have fallen short, and do fall short.

And why not say (as we are slanderously reported and as some claim that we say), “Let us do evil that good may come”? Their condemnation is just.

Paul's point is this and only this:

First of all, he was simply being accused of making this statement. If Paul was stating that we should go do evil that good will result, then their condemnation would be just. Paul is not saying we should do evil that good can come. Paul is saying that God is good and we are evil.

If you cannot with a clear conscience vote for someone who does evil, then you cannot vote for anyone. In fact, you cannot hire anyone to work for your company. Nor can you marry anyone.

these verses have nothing to do with showing support for any man, because there is only ONE Man who qualifies that does no evil.

The context again is that men are unrighteous and God is righteous. All men, either jew or Gentile are on the same level - sinners who need a Savior.

Paul continues:

What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin; as it is written,

“There is none righteous, not even one;
There is none who understands,
There is none who seeks for God;
All have turned aside, together they have become useless;
There is none who does good,
There is not even one.”
Their throat is an open grave,
With their tongues they keep deceiving,”
“The poison of asps is under their lips”;
Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness”;
Their feet are swift to shed blood,
Destruction and misery are in their paths,
And the path of peace they have not known.”
“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

keypurr

Mitt Romney annihilated President Obama.

In 50 years, Americans will be longing for another Mitt Romney as President --he's going to be that good.

Daniel

He was my Governor. Whats his name again?

He did hold the edge last nite.

Zeke

As long as the federal dollar is involved "all" the local goverments will eventualy follow along with the federal programs, agenda 21 act locally think globaly etc...Non compliance with anything connected to the federal corperation is the starting point, buy from local farmers, get out of the banks if possible, trade barter, resist within a group of like minded, lone rangers get crushed quickly and are martered :rip: for the federal agenda in the media.