toldailytopic: My Valentine is...

Ps82

Being a wife... my husband is my Valentine. He is a great husband and a great son. Today, we went out to lunch with his 88 year old widowed mother and her date. Isn't life good when people have a great Valentine in their lives?

Ps82

8435825807_d12d277458_c.jpg

I love to dry roses and keep them around the house tied with ribbon or arranged in vases.

Ps82

Valentine, schmalentine.

I can't stand forced holidays ... that seem more like they were designed to "build the economy." Cards with empty words and false promises ... fattening candy ... soon forgotten gifts. All these efforts are meaningless. I say forget that stuff and just daily treat me nicely and with respect. I feel the same way about Christmas and birthdays. In fact, I do not appreciate gifts - especially if I consider them to be insincere.

I'm never offended when an anniversary is forgotten ... because I am blessed with a husband that does treat me well and does respect who I am. That means much more to me than any forced thoughtfulness.

I think that this attitude came from my first marriage. I had a husband that gave expensive gifts at all the right times ... but in the end he lied to me, cheated, and left me for a fling that he never married. I've never looked at gifts the same way again ... and I think that this was a healthy choice. I now have a husband that treats me well ... and I do not hold him hostage to "forced praise."

Thank you LORD.

What do some of you think about this sort of attitude?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I now have a husband that treats me well ... and I do not hold him hostage to "forced praise."

Thank you LORD.

What do some of you think about this sort of attitude?

Thank God, my wife has your attitude. I forget a lot of stuff. I got a plate celebrating our wedding anniversary and put it in the entryway, where it can be seen by everyone coming into the house.

She thinks it's romantic. It's to keep me from forgetting our anniversary again.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Thank God, my wife has your attitude. I forget a lot of stuff. I got a plate celebrating our wedding anniversary and put it in the entryway, where it can be seen by everyone coming into the house.

She thinks it's romantic. It's to keep me from forgetting our anniversary again.

Arent you busted if she reads this thread?

PureX

Both very legitimate and laudable goals (from a man's perspective).

:dog: