toldailytopic: It's May Day, what are your plans?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 1st, 2012 08:31 AM

toldailytopic: It's May Day, what are your plans?

occupy-may-day-poster.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I plan to work (twice as hard)...
Do some banking...
Do some shopping...
Have my kids to extra chores...
And we doubled their load for school.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Riots in Seattle. Being that it's been a year since Bin Laden's demise, we'll see if terrorist acts happen as well.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will be working. I am going to be assisting my disabled friend in taking his wife for a doctor's appointment in Sioux Fall's SD.

HisServant

Working.. working.. and did I mention working?

Tuesdays and Thursdays are the day my wife doesn't work... So, I'll go home as usual, be greeted by the dog, give the wife a hug and kiss and sit down to a nice home cooked meal. We will watch the news, jeopardy and wheel of fortune.. then I will probably head down to my man cave to watch the hockey game and have a home brewed beer... with the dog on my lap.

Not a bad day.. but nothing out of the ordinary :)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Today's payday. So, I will be driving, banking, paying bills, grocery shopping, and then going out to eat and taking my daughter to work.

Newman

I took an exam on structural vector autoregressive models, proved that omitting variables from an econometric model yields biased results, and compared various panel regression models (pooled, panel feasible generalized, between groups, within groups, dummy variable).

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Mow the lawn. One time on May 1st I had one of my sons friends put a May basket on my door but I suppose that is not a politically correct understanding of the day. Still it was nice.

Lon

I thought me and the wife and kids would attach ribbons to the pole out back then walk and skip around it. I have no idea why.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
So that we all might understand what the origins of May Day are:
http://www.marxists.org/subject/mayday/articles/tracht.html

http://www.theholidayspot.com/mayday/history.htm

The tradition of Maypole and greeneries | Maypoles and trees | Roots of May Day celebration in America

Well, it is a fact that May Day, which the children do enjoy with all vibes, is not an overly prominent holiday in America. Yet, it does have a long and notable history as one of the world's principal festivals. The origin of the May Day as a day for celebration dates back to the days, even before the birth of Christ. And like many ancient festivals it too has a Pagan connection.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Everything around me seems like it always has, so not too many around here must be taking the day off.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for the additional link. Seems there are different meanings for the day. I enjoyed giving and finding candy and lilacs in a dixie cup on the front porch as a child.

That's nice. I remember my aunt celebrating it with us. I think we played around the clothes line or something with ribbons. It was a happy day when I was a kid.