toldailytopic: Is it wrong to hate wicked people?

This Charming Manc

Did Jesus rebuke all, most, some or a few of the sinful people he met ?

No.

Psalm 139:21-22

Well, okay, it depends on how you're defining hate here.

A righteous hatred is right and perfect, and is borne of godly love, which is a perfect love; that will drive you to rebuke the wicked.

This Charming Manc

Really, can you justify that statement with any scripture?

He rebuked the disciples on more than one occassion.

The Pharisees got it both barrels on a consistent basis , but they were the righteous people of the time, the morally upright ( and uptight).

But there aren't many times where he seen to rebuke sinners, in fact the opposite look at Matthews party, zacheus, the thief on the cross, the Samaritan woman at the well and woman caught in adultery.

He definitely didn't condone sin and challenged it, but I feel to say that he primarily sought to rebuke these people would be misleading

He rebuked all of the unrepentant sinners who sinned before [in front of] Him.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hatred is a bitter drink. A few sips now and then will harm you but not kill you. Drinking it frequently, however, will make you sick and over indulging is suicide.

jeremysdemo

Hey, let me compare myself to the righteous and holy Son of God anointed one of Israel who could look into the hearts of men and know their thoughts.... :nono:

Paul said scripture is good for rebuke, not peoples petty puffed up words and insults, peoples hearts are deceitful above all things, try and remember that when a insult or "rebuke" as you call it comes from yours, you are not Jesus, not even close.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Really, can you justify that statement with any scripture?
Do I need to? The Pharisees were unrepentant, self-righteous sinners who committed their sins in the open, blatantly.

He rebuked the disciples on more than one occassion.
Yes He did. And?

Do you think that contradicts my statement?

The Pharisees got it both barrels on a consistent basis , but they were the righteous people of the time, the morally upright ( and uptight).
They got both barrels because they were immoral, unrighteous [self-righteous] hypocrites.

But there aren't many times where he seen to rebuke sinners, in fact the opposite look at Matthews party, zacheus, the thief on the cross, the Samaritan woman at the well and woman caught in adultery.
All of whom were repentant.

And He didn't rebuke the unrepentant man on the cross beside Him because the repentant one did that.

John the Baptist lost his head because he rebuked Herod and Herodias.

He definitely didn't condone sin and challenged it, but I feel to say that he primarily sought to rebuke these people would be misleading
Read it again.

jeremysdemo

You're not Jesus,

there is no way you can possibly know the hearts of anyone here.

you can know their words and assume a lot of things from them tho....the odds be 50/50 you are correct.

so you have the other 50 to ask for forgiveness for for the rest of your life....

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

PureX

so how do you determine what they are?

by what they say?
They are human beings, much like ourselves. They are divine creations, and as such they are expressions of their Creator. That doesn't change just because they do something horrible.

Quincy

Everyone who hates other people tell themselves that the people they hate deserve it.

I don't think we should love murderers or rapists at all, nor show them indifference and understanding. That's just strange to me. Would you love a murderer or a rapist?

PureX

I don't think we should love murderers or rapists at all, nor show them indifference and understanding. That's just strange to me. Would you love a murderer or a rapist?
Yes. But as I said, I understand the difference between what people do, and what/who they are. And very often, I don't understand why they do what they do. So although the rapists and murderers must be stopped, I don't see any reason to hate them. Why would I?

Quincy

Yes. But as I said, I understand the difference between what people do, and what/who they are. And very often, I don't understand why they do what they do. So although the rapists and murderers must be stopped, I don't see any reason to hate them. Why would I?

To me, a murderer or a rapist is someone of immense malice and is an evil person. I think people's actions are the result of their roots. There just doesn't seem to be anything there to love when it comes to a murderer or rapist. Really think about it, put yourself in the shoes of someone who has committed one of those crimes. Just what kind of person would you have to be to do it? Just what thoughts are going through your mind to do something like that? I can't even fathom it. So to me, a murderer or rapist is the absolute worst kind of person, worthy of hatred. I could forgive anything else but not those things.

bybee

Wickedness and evil come from Satan.

Is it wrong to hate Satan?

No, absolutely not. C. S. Lewis said he couldn't understand why we have this capacity to hate. Then he realized we have the capacity to hate so that we will hate that which is evil and fight against it with all of our might!
The sociopaths and psychopaths of the world manipulate and orchestrate the absurd toleration of their kind by people like PureX.
And the innocent and the vulnerable suffer because of it.

glorydaz

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 21st, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: Is it wrong to hate wicked people?

Yes, it is wrong to hate anyone....even the worst among us. Who is always hurt by hate except the one who does the hating? Hate eats away like a cancer of the soul, and nothing good comes from it.

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

PureX

No, absolutely not. C. S. Lewis said he couldn't understand why we have this capacity to hate. Then he realized we have the capacity to hate so that we will hate that which is evil and fight against it with all of our might!
The sociopaths and psychopaths of the world manipulate and orchestrate the absurd toleration of their kind by people like PureX.
And the innocent and the vulnerable suffer because of it.
Why do you assume that the only alternative to hate is toleration?