toldailytopic: Is it always wrong to kill another human?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anyway, I think
It does not seem like it!
we all learned that it is always wrong to kill human beings despite the possibility of legitimate mitigating circumstances.
Is that what you think?
And, that feeding the baser human emotions esp. revenge is not that great of an idea.

Bye.
The death penalty is not about revenge, bye!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Ubie - it appears that you are trying to humiliate A4T by forcing upon him (her) a definition that he (she) rejects.

Aren't you demonstrating sadism?

yes, he is, and i am a she :)

This is me:

picture.php

So.. i reckon some of us in the female persuasion are sadists when we would like to do to criminals the same thing they did to our sons...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Please don't call A4T a liar. She will smile when she shoots off the heads of tresspassers who she believes would harm her or her family. Do you not believe her?

Yes, i would - that thought to me is much better than the one i have each night before i go to sleep, thinking of my son on the road, seeing it all in my head, since i know where he was since i used to drive the same route myself - watching him smiling and listening to his stereo, trying to get home from work and wondering if he suffered while they shot all over into his car while they passed by, and if he was lucky enough to have gotten the head shot first that killed him by obliterating all parts of his brain, instead of feeling the ones in his body and the one that went through the other side of his face and if he was in pain and feeling afraid of what was happening to him, as he wrecked when his car went out of control as he was being shot to death... and this was a just 2 months ago.

now tell me again what a sadist i am for wishing i could stand over them and put a gun to THEIR head and pull the trigger, at least i would give them a chance to make their peace with God before they were about to meet Him face to face - and i would only shoot them once, not all over like they did mine. It also comforts me to think if that happened, they might not ever be able to do to anyone else what they did to my innocent son.

So, if that makes me a sadist because that thought verses the one that makes me sit up in bed and scream helps me to calm down, then sadist i am.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, i would - that thought to me is much better than the one i have each night before i go to sleep, thinking of my son on the road, seeing it all in my head, since i know where he was since i used to drive the same route myself - watching him smiling and listening to his stereo, trying to get home from work and wondering if he suffered while they shot all over into his car while they passed by, and if he was lucky enough to have gotten the head shot first that killed him by obliterating all parts of his brain, instead of feeling the ones in his body and the one that went through the other side of his face and if he was in pain and feeling afraid of what was happening to him, as he wrecked when his car went out of control as he was being shot to death... and this was a just 2 months ago.

now tell me again what a sadist i am for wishing i could stand over them and put a gun to THEIR head and pull the trigger, at least i would give them a chance to make their peace with God before they were about to meet Him face to face - and i would only shoot them once, not all over like they did mine. It also comforts me to think if that happened, they might not ever be able to do to anyone else what they did to my innocent son.

So, if that makes me a sadist because that thought verses the one that makes me sit up in bed and scream helps me to calm down, then sadist i am.

Nope ... it makes you a human being and more importantly, a mother. It would be unnatural for you to not feel as you do.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nope ... it makes you a human being and more importantly, a mother. It would be unnatural for you to not feel as you do.

I don't think ill ever understand why some people cannot get that justice and revenge aren't the same things but then like you and I, some people just dont understand what they have never had to face.

PureX

... now tell me again what a sadist i am for wishing i could stand over them and put a gun to THEIR head and pull the trigger ...
Yeah, I can't imagine how anyone could be confused about your lust for "justice" and your personal desire for vengeance.

bybee

Yeah, I can't imagine how anyone could be confused about your lust for "justice" and your personal desire for vengeance.

You know, PureX, unless you have walked a mile in another person's mocassins you cannot know his/her struggle.
Forgiveness, sometimes, takes time and reflection and prayer.
Sometimes, the best one can muster is to put one foot in front of the other and keep on keeping on.
Sometimes, an outrage is so egregious that one cannot bear it.
But, God is in the details of our lives.
Afterall, healing occurs in body, mind and spirit according to His plan.
I pray for those who have suffered loss.

PureX

You know, PureX, unless you have walked a mile in another person's mocassins you cannot know his/her struggle.
Where do you see me presuming to know anything. My comment was about why we would NOT know.
Forgiveness, sometimes, takes time and reflection and prayer.
Sometimes, the best one can muster is to put one foot in front of the other and keep on keeping on.
Sometimes, an outrage is so egregious that one cannot bear it.
But, God is in the details of our lives.
Afterall, healing occurs in body, mind and spirit according to His plan.
I pray for those who have suffered loss.
That's all true, and all the more reason that those who are raised with violence tend to become violent, and/or endorse violence against others.

It is true that many of those people who revel in the idea of killing other human beings for "justice" are people who have experienced violence themselves, and express their hurt and anger and resentment about it by wanting to see other people hurt ... especially the "bad guys" that represent those who hurt, or would hurt, them.

Everyone here is jumping on Uberpod1 but so far much of what he has posted is true.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
I don't think ill ever understand why some people cannot get that justice and revenge aren't the same things but then like you and I, some people just dont understand what they have never had to face.
I recommend that you not even consider participating in this kind of topic for a year or more. But, you are an adult and can make that decision for yourself.

If you have chosen to read on.... Did you ever consider the fact that the perpetrator of your son's demise is just another mother reacting on the loss of her child - mistakenly of course? A similar car make and color, etc. may have lead her to it.

A deadly mistake can happen.

Teens who trespass do not deserve death. The most likely person who would break into your house unlawfully would be a teen on a dare or under peer pressure - of course there is prolly a socipathic teen within the group egging things on. He is the only true criminal there. I broke into a house once at 15. I did not derserve death because of it. If my son broke into a house and posed no physical threat and by all accounts started to leave but was killed by the homeowner, I'd want that homeowner's head on a stick. That's not about justice really. That is a sadistic revenge fantasy. I would work to squelch that fantasy and have a great deal of shame over harboring such a nasty notion.

bybee

I recommend that you not even consider participating in this kind of topic for a year or more. But, you are an adult and can make that decision for yourself.

If you have chosen to read on.... Did you ever consider the fact that the perpetrator of your son's demise is just another mother reacting on the loss of her child - mistakenly of course? A similar car make and color, etc. may have lead her to it.

A deadly mistake can happen.

Teens who trespass do not deserve death. The most likely person who would break into your house unlawfully would be a teen on a dare or under peer pressure - of course there is prolly a socipathic teen within the group egging things on. He is the only true criminal there. I broke into a house once at 15. I did not derserve death because of it. If my son broke into a house and posed no physical threat and by all accounts started to leave but was killed by the homeowner, I'd want that homeowner's head on a stick. That's not about justice really. That is a sadistic revenge fantasy. I would work to squelch that fantasy and have a great deal of shame over harboring such a nasty notion.

When a mother loses her child through violence no words can console.
She will, with God's grace, work it out in due time.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
To understand his position on this, you need to realize that he is defining any form of spanking as abuse. The studies he would cite would not differentiate between a person who counts to ten and makes sure to calm down before using the "rod of correction" from the person who beats his kid bloody, leaves scars and gives his kid concussions.
Close but no cigar...

Good research will measure degree of physical abuse. Spanking would be low level, using a rod that cause welts higher, and so on.

I am actually quite certain that a child who has received proper correction through reasonable corporal punishment is more likely to support the death penalty.
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.
Cite? The Bible is no evidence at all.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
If one is sexually abused as a minor and does not acknowledge it as abuse they are very likely to be a faggot.

Wrong! A sexually abused minor who does not acknowledge the abuse is more likely to abuse children as an adult. A different contingency entirely.

You are a twisted fellow.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Wrong! A sexually abused minor who does not acknowledge the abuse is more likely to abuse children as an adult. A different contingency entirely.
I never said that didn't happen. Just because one thing is likely does not mean other things are not also likely.

You are a twisted fellow.
You're the queer here, not me.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think the idea that we are somehow endowed with the obligation to meet out "just punishment" is fundamentally an expression of ego, as it's based on the presumption of being some sort of demigod, or divinely appointed surrogate for God, Himself.

resurrected asked: "Have you considered that A4T and others whom you are trying to "enlighten" don't derive pleasure from the pain, suffering or humiliation of those who meet their just ends, but from the notion of justice served?"

And i believe his observation is exactly right. The pleasure is in the idea of meeting out divine justice, just as if one were God, Himself. And you are correct as well, in that the fact that one would take pleasure in this is a dead give-away for it being a self-centered (egocentric) exercise.

You are as sick as he is. The only pleasure i would derive from executing those who took my sons life, is the knowledge that they would never be able to make another person suffer like they have all my sons friends, and his family including his father, sisters and myself.

In doing that I would not be savoring playing God as YOU wish but meeting out a better fantasy than seeing him dying over and over in my head and being powerless to help him and wanting NO ONE ELSE to have to see such a thing in their heads and at the same time following the allowance of my God for us to carry out justice.

See Romans chapter 13, and my earlier thoughts in this thread that you surely did not get to yet before making this incredibly sick synopsis of my thoughts as if you were me to make them.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

There is no such thing as getting even.

You clearly do not understand what justice is. I guess you would have the man or men who murdered my son, maybe murder yours one day if you ever have one, because surely in your sick mind, they are the victims. (a huge part of the mentality that is making more criminals- the lack of justice)

Tell me when you step into my shoes then, what i think.

bybee

You are as sick as he is. The only pleasure i would derive from executing those who took my sons life, is the knowledge that they would never be able to make another person suffer like they have all my sons friends, and his family including his father, sisters and myself.

In doing that I would not be savoring playing God as YOU wish but meeting out a better fantasy than seeing him dying over and over in my head and being powerless to help him and wanting NO ONE ELSE to have to see such a thing in their heads and at the same time following the allowance of my God for us to carry out justice.

See Romans chapter 13, and my earlier thoughts in this thread that you surely did not get to yet before making this incredibly sick synopsis of my thoughts as if you were me to make them.
That is his forte! That in any given scenario he is somehow a bit superior over all others in the discussion. He presumes to hold a higher standard than others in a discussion. While he routinely corrects, amends or denigrates the thoughts of others he takes offense at almost any disagreement with his conclusions.
Some folks have the need to win in every arena regardless of the consequences.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
That is his forte! That in any given scenario he is somehow a bit superior over all others in the discussion. He presumes to hold a higher standard than others in a discussion. While he routinely corrects, amends or denigrates the thoughts of others he takes offense at almost any disagreement with his conclusions.
Some folks have the need to win in every arena regardless of the consequences.

My impression is that he values reason and empiricism and does not pretend the emperor ain't naked like other persons of faith appear to do.