toldailytopic: If it was proved that homosexuality was genetic, would it then make it

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And exactly the same for all the other abominable acts . . . :p

Nice dodge.
So it is impossible for you to believe that "you shall not Murder" was intended for all of humanity if "you shall not wear clothing made of mixed fiber" was not? I think you are fibbing. Few people are quite that dense.

alwight

Clinton's "don't ask don't tell" policy was meant to keep homosexuality private. The homosexual community didn't like that either.
I don't know about that but any laws that try to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation would imo likely be be seen as wrong in principle by many, even if they were in their favour.

alwight

So it is impossible for you to believe that "you shall not Murder" was intended for all of humanity if "you shall not wear clothing made of mixed fiber" was not? I think you are fibbing. Few people are quite that dense.
Are you trying to claim that human common sense is required to understand the Bible?
What a novel idea. :idea:

Silent Hunter

I'm quite convinced that the "laws" in the OT were written to apply only to ONE group of people . . . :p

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't know about that but any laws that try to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation would imo likely be be seen as wrong in principle by many, even if they were in their favour.

How does one discriminate on the basis of what one does "privately in ones bedroom"?

alwight

How does one discriminate on the basis of what one does "privately in ones bedroom"?
Good question, I've no particular specific idea really, but it would probably be by the same methods that some RW Christians would use to criminalise or even to execute practising homosexuals.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Good question, I've no particular specific idea really, but it would probably be by the same methods that some RW Christians would use to criminalise or even to execute practising homosexuals.

How could they do that if what the "practicing homosexuals" chose to do in their bedroom, stayed "in the privacy" of their bedroom?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Good question, but not really the point I think.

Well it kind of is the point, how can anyone be accused of peering into someones bedroom, when something isn't kept in the bedroom and instead shown, proclaimed and entered into pridefully and openly?

alwight

Well it kind of is the point, how can anyone be accused of peering into someones bedroom, when something isn't kept in the bedroom and instead shown, proclaimed and entered into pridefully and openly?
Did I accuse anyone of peering into bedrooms?

OMEGA

This World is a Training Ground full of Challenges.

Who can Overcome these Challenges and be Victorious and qualify for the Kingdom.