toldailytopic: How would you respond to Obama's state of the union speech?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The minumum wage concept is a farce.

Merit, not legislation is the reason for higher pay.

Minimum wages should be done away with, then companies could afford to hire and keep those who actually produce, by paying them well.

People need to learn that work is the reason you get paid

oatmeal
I can agree with that.

The business owner should be the one to decide what he is able to pay his employees, not the government.

This is just another liberal farce that sounds so nice and sweet.

But the reality is that in order for a business to maintain a profit (especially in a slow economy), it has to either raise it's prices on goods, or cut payroll expense.
And 9 times out of 10 payroll expense will be the first thing hit.

So if the government forces a business to raise it's payroll expense, some employees are going to get laid off to keep payroll expense from going over budget.

Liberals always like the things that sound nice and sweet, but don't bother to consider the repercussions.
So liberals are painted as the "caring ones", but conservatives are actually more grounded in reality.

bybee

I can agree with that.

The business owner should be the one to decide what he is able to pay his employees, not the government.

This is just another liberal farce that sounds so nice and sweet.

But the reality is that in order for a business to maintain a profit (especially in a slow economy), it has to either raise it's prices on goods, or cut payroll expense.
And 9 times out of 10 payroll expense will be the first thing hit.

So if the government forces a business to raise it's payroll expense, some employees are going to get laid off to keep payroll expense from going over budget.

Liberals always like the things that sound nice and sweet, but don't bother to consider the repercussions.
So liberals are painted as the "caring ones", but conservatives are actually more grounded in reality.

Indeed! Liberals are always trying to put their hands into the pockets of conservatives!
The Gothic Myth being enacted in the white house today is going to complete the destruction of this country.
The charismatic savior now residing in the white house believing his own lies shall eventual, like Icarus, fall.
Unfortunately, America's economy shall fall with him.

not4sure

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 13th, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: How would you respond to Obama's state of the union speech?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Play it in Gitmo, they'll be waterboarding themselves to try to drown out the sound.

PureX

Indeed! Liberals are always trying to put their hands into the pockets of conservatives!
The Gothic Myth being enacted in the white house today is going to complete the destruction of this country.
The charismatic savior now residing in the white house believing his own lies shall eventual, like Icarus, fall.
Unfortunately, America's economy shall fall with him.
I sure hope so! Because what we now call the "economy" is mostly a load of hooey invented by criminals for the purpose of fleecing everyone else.

We should have let those "too big to fail" banks, fail. We should make the rich pay a greater share of the tax burden than everyone else because they are enjoying the greater benefit from all the infrastructure those tax dollars provide. And we should send the Wall Street criminals and their bribed up toadies in Washington to prison where they belong.

I think it's going to take a total disaster for us to finally deal with the real problem, and believe me, the real problem is NOT the minimum wage. Or any of the things mentioned in Obama's speech.

bybee

I sure hope so! Because what we now call the "economy" is mostly a load of hooey invented by criminals for the purpose of fleecing everyone else.

We should have let those "too big to fail" banks, fail. We should make the rich pay a greater share of the tax burden than everyone else because they are enjoying the greater benefit from all the infrastructure those tax dollars provide. And we should send the Wall Street criminals and their bribed up toadies in Washington to prison where they belong.

I think it's going to take a total disaster for us to finally deal with the real problem, and believe me, the real problem is NOT the minimum wage. Or any of the things mentioned in Obama's speech.

God, in infinite wisdom, has granted His creatures free will to decide which thoughts and which deeds they will entertain and perform.
Until the curtain falls on this scene, within limits, it is an extemporaneous display of good and evil, nobility and chicanery, greed and generosity.
What matters, is, what I choose to do about what life sends my way.
I could, as you are wont to do, whine and snivel about injustice or I can do my best to address that which I have a chance to affect for the better. I can alleviate the suffering in front of my eyes. I can lend my time, talent and money to those in need.
I can be a person who loves life, no matter what it slings my way and loves people enough to lend a hand or an encouraging word when need is evident!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
(spits in disgust)
That too.

State of the Union speech? What State of the Union speech?
I enjoyed the newly released DVD, "Skyfall." It was wonderful!
:thumb:

I need to get that DVD. I saw it in the theater and loved it!

I'll wait and see what fox news says about it
You would.

The minumum wage concept is a farce.

Merit, not legislation is the reason for higher pay.

Minimum wages should be done away with, then companies could afford to hire and keep those who actually produce, by paying them well.

People need to learn that work is the reason you get paid

oatmeal
:thumb: