toldailytopic: Gender neutral bathrooms: would you use one? What do you think of the

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Generally, I think you're an idiot. And a post like this pretty much proves my point.

If perverts want to troll, they will, no matter what a sign says.

I hate to get into gruesome details (and I won't) but pervs already do this (e.g. truck stops, airports, etc.). I'm sure you keep updated on the news. :rolleyes:

We do not need to help them out anymore. You don't think NAMBLA would love this new arrangement? "Get 'em before 8 or it's too late," right?

And other freaks: :flamer:

"A worker at HSBC in Hong Kong wanted to be a woman. So the man, whose surname is Wong, took hormones, started dressing like a woman, and booked a sex-change operation. But rather than let him use the ladies' room like he wanted, his company installed a gender-neutral toilet. Now the 55-year-old is fighting for his right to pee where he pleases: he filed a discrimination complaint with the equal opportunities commission."
"WORKER FIGHTS TO USE THE LADIES' ROOM." Maclean's 122.35 (2009): 39. MasterFILE Elite. EBSCO. Web. 21 Feb. 2010.

Last edited:

Todah

I think that the idea of gender neutral bathrooms is as stupid as it sounds.

If the people who are calling for a GN bathroom were truly GN, then it wouldn't bother them going into either a men's or women's room.

Yet they are "offended" if they have a male body and a female psyche, or visa versa. So obviously we can't even get the terminology correct yet.

They should be called both gender bathrooms. BG

To overcome this small minority who are offended, we are going to solve that problem by offending the great majority for whom separate rooms have worked well for a hundred years of modern restrooms........ Brilliant!

It is similar to the tactic of banning the name of Jesus, and Christian speech and customs, in public, to protect the few it offends. I am not offended to the point of banning the words Mohammed, Allah, Islam, atheist, evolution, or Obama, even though I strongly disagree with the ideas and ideals that those words represent.

Here are some words that I would like banned because they offend me deeply......homosexual, lesbian, transvestite, and gender neutral.

Here are some public actions that make me feel uncomfortable that I would like not to see in public. Same sex couples kissing erotically, holding hands and hugging. I am all for gender neutrality in those instances.

Also please ban all public gay pride parades, they really offend me.

I would be willing to trade that, for a third set of public restrooms, gender neutral.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I hate to get into gruesome details (and I won't) but pervs already do this (e.g. truck stops, airports, etc.). I'm sure you keep updated on the news. :rolleyes:

We do not need to help them out anymore. You don't think NAMBLA would love this new arrangement? "Get 'em before 8 or it's too late," right?

And other freaks: :flamer:

"A worker at HSBC in Hong Kong wanted to be a woman. So the man, whose surname is Wong, took hormones, started dressing like a woman, and booked a sex-change operation. But rather than let him use the ladies' room like he wanted, his company installed a gender-neutral toilet. Now the 55-year-old is fighting for his right to pee where he pleases: he filed a discrimination complaint with the equal opportunities commission."
"WORKER FIGHTS TO USE THE LADIES' ROOM." Maclean's 122.35 (2009): 39. MasterFILE Elite. EBSCO. Web. 21 Feb. 2010.

Granite was right, you really are an idiot.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Generally, I think you're an idiot. And a post like this pretty much proves my point.

If perverts want to troll, they will, no matter what a sign says.

Granite was right, you really are an idiot.
I don't get the problem here. Unless you two just like dumping on someone you think you can get away with dumping on.

Fact is, he's got a point. Restrooms open to both genders would indeed remove one small obstacle that all manner of pervs and predators face. And I'm sure they'll welcome that.

Personally I'm much more concerned with how violent sexual predators, rapists primarily, would take advantage of these restrooms much more than child predators. I think that is a decent point but one concern among many and not one of the more likely to be faced. That you two are willing to shrug that off as idiotic just so you can call someone an idiot is a little disturbing to me.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't get the problem here. Unless you two just like dumping on someone you think you can get away with dumping on.

Fact is, he's got a point. Restrooms open to both genders would indeed remove one small obstacle that all manner of pervs and predators face. And I'm sure they'll welcome that.

Personally I'm much more concerned with how violent sexual predators, rapists primarily, would take advantage of these restrooms much more than child predators. I think that is a decent point but one concern among many and not one of the more likely to be faced. That you two are willing to shrug that off as idiotic just so you can call someone an idiot is a little disturbing to me.
You are correct... Granite and Persephone66 comments were way out of line.

Infractions have been given.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That has nothing to do with preferring not use the same restrooms as men.

It has everything to do with it. You can not with hold proper sanitation from a man, because he is a man. Talk about you being in another pickle.

It's not like we are talking about men getting BETTER restrooms or superior service while in them. For me, this is also a hygiene issue.

Who said we are talking about better restrooms. There should be no gender barriers, according to the ERA, which you support.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It has everything to do with it. You can not with hold proper sanitation from a man, because he is a man. Talk about you being in another pickle.

Who said we are talking about better restrooms. There should be no gender barriers, according to the ERA, which you support.

Seriously Nick, stay on topic and discuss the issue, not what you believe I may or may not support.

I already answered the question ... NO, I do not want to share a public restroom with men.

Doug Wright

clubbing

clubbing

I've seen so many at clubs and at first they are sexy/then they are kinda invading. (nevertheless/I pee on the seat).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seriously Nick, stay on topic and discuss the issue, not what you believe I may or may not support.

I already answered the question ... NO, I do not want to share a public restroom with men.

So you do opppose the ERA. :up: Because perversion is the one and only issue at hand.

bybee

I say "Vive la difference!" We are different. We have different needs that must be accommodated in public restrooms. Any number of men may line up at a multi-fonted urinal without a loss of modesty or privacy. Why is this an issue? I do not wish to share a bathroom with strange men! That is to say, with men at all. I don't even like to share the beauty parlor with men! We need our pertinent places of rest and rejuvenation for our own gender exclusively. The "Family" restroom is a good accommodation for parent's when taking their children on outings so that they need not send their children into a restroom unaccompanied. bybee

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you do opppose the ERA. :up: Because perversion is the one and only issue at hand.

The ERA is off-topic so this is the last time I will include it in my response: I do NOT cater to any agenda (women's included) that would put me in a position I am opposed to or uncomfortable with.

The opposition to separate restrooms based on gender is, IMO, a ridiculous one to squabble over. Men and women have different needs in regards to taking care of their bodily functions.

Should I ever go into a department store or other type of establishment that allows men only relief, then YES, I would have something to say about the unfair treatment of women by THAT establishment.

Doug Wright

I say "Vive la difference!" We are different. We have different needs that must be accommodated in public restrooms. Any number of men may line up at a multi-fonted urinal without a loss of modesty or privacy. Why is this an issue? I do not wish to share a bathroom with strange men! That is to say, with men at all. I don't even like to share the beauty parlor with men! We need our pertinent places of rest and rejuvenation for our own gender exclusively. The "Family" restroom is a good accommodation for parent's when taking their children on outings so that they need not send their children into a restroom unaccompanied. bybee

You assume that every man wants to wag together...NO.

Doug Wright

The ERA is off-topic so this is the last time I will include it in my response: I do NOT cater to any agenda (women's included) that would put me in a position I am opposed to or uncomfortable with.

The opposition to separate restrooms based on gender is, IMO, a ridiculous one to squabble over. Men and women have different needs in regards to taking care of their bodily functions.

Should I ever go into a department store or other type of establishment that allows men only relief, then YES, I would have something to say about the unfair treatment of women by THAT establishment.

as long as they don't change colostomy bags for men drafted to war in front of women.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If its just one person at a time, sure, go ahead. But I wouldn't use a multi-person unisex unless I had to. I'd just feel awkward. I already don't like being in the same restroom with other men, why would I want ladies in there, too?

As for "exposing the kids", thats a nonissue. Every parent with a child of the opposite gender is going to one day have to make a decision - either take them into the restroom with you, or wait outside and hope everything goes ok (Did they get kidnapped? Did they wipe?). Personally, if I had a daughter, shes going into the men's room with me until I feel shes old enough to handle things in her own.

I don't understand the fear some people have: in the current situation, you could be anxious about same-sex child predators, but I don't hear very much angst about that particular issue.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I don't understand the fear some people have: in the current situation, you could be anxious about same-sex child predators, but I don't hear very much angst about that particular issue.
I don't think I understand what you're saying here. The topic is same gender restrooms and so concerns about pedophiles and predators have been touched on already. Why would anyone mention concerns about such in the current situation? It has nothing to do with the topic.

GeneCosta

I think gender neutral bathrooms would be quite beneficial for women. You see, men have built up this mythology that women are perfect figurines who do not defecate. A few elongated farts here and there from a beautiful blond (or brunette or redhead, what have you) will quickly demolish such myths.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I think gender neutral bathrooms would be quite beneficial for women. You see, men have built up this mythology that women are perfect figurines who do not defecate. A few elongated farts here and there from a beautiful blond (or brunette or redhead, what have you) will quickly demolish such myths.

And how would that benefit women? :idunno:

TaraJo

Why is there so much hate of gender neutral bathrooms?

First off, the obvious example: parents who take their children to the bathroom. How comfortable would a father be taking his daughter into the mens' room with him? Gender neutral bathrooms make this a non-issue.

Being afraid of child predators is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction with absolutly no basis in reality. Nearly every Wal-Mart in the nation has a family bathroom by now and we don't have a wave of children being raped in Wal-Mart because of it, do we?

You don't want to take steps to help transgendered people huh? Tell me, men, how comfortable would you be using the urinal with a beautiful woman going up to the stall next to you, hiking up her skirt and taking a leak? On the other side, how do you think most women would feel to a big, hairy, muscular man went into the womens' room because he still has female genitals? You say you don't want to take special steps to help them but I honestly don't think you would really like it much if they did that.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't think I understand what you're saying here. The topic is same gender restrooms and so concerns about pedophiles and predators have been touched on already. Why would anyone mention concerns about such in the current situation? It has nothing to do with the topic.

The hysteria surrounding gender neutral bathrooms seems to imply they'll make children more vulnerable to would-be abusers (among other things). It's an objection that simply doesn't hold water, but then again, none really do. A john's a john, folks.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The hysteria surrounding gender neutral bathrooms seems to imply they'll make children more vulnerable to would-be abusers (among other things). It's an objection that simply doesn't hold water, but then again, none really do. A john's a john, folks.
:wazzup:
But that bathrooms would Stink Stink STINK!

If you think you are going to be in that same bathroom with women think again, sucka, women rule the public restroom facilities.:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.