toldailytopic "Evolutionary theory isn't about the origin of life"

Right Divider

Body part
Day 1 - God created the earth, space, day and night (Gen 1:1-5).
Day 2 - God created the "firmament" (Gen 1:6-8).
Day 3 - God created dry land and flora (Gen 1:9-13).
Day 4 - God created the sun and the stars (Gen 1:14-19).

According to the Genesis account, God created light (photons) on Day 1, before he created any light sources (e.g., stars) on Day 4. From the scientific perspective, this is physically impossible. There cannot be light without light sources.
Where does it say that God created photons on day 1?

How do you know, based on the scripture, that there was no light source on day 1?

Cntrysner

Day 1 - God created the earth, space, day and night (Gen 1:1-5).
Day 2 - God created the "firmament" (Gen 1:6-8).
Day 3 - God created dry land and flora (Gen 1:9-13).
Day 4 - God created the sun and the stars (Gen 1:14-19).

According to the Genesis account, God created light (photons) on Day 1, before he created any light sources (e.g., stars) on Day 4. From the scientific perspective, this is physically impossible. There cannot be light without light sources.

God created the earth, space, day and night (Gen 1:1-5).
What is the difference between day and night? Are you that ignorant?
Don't you know God is Light and he doesn't need another source for revealed light to be seen from a human's perspective.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Where does it say that God created photons on day 1?

How do you know, based on the scripture, that there was no light source on day 1?

According to Genesis 1:1-17, God created physical light, day, and night before he created any physical object that could produce light.

Don't you know God is Light and he doesn't need another source for revealed light to be seen from a human's perspective.

God is light in the spiritual sense (1 John 1:5), but God created physical light on Day 1 (Gen 1:3-5), prior to creating physical light sources on Day 4 (Gen 1:14-19).

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I've given clear answers to your questions.

False. Not only have you answered none of my questions, you lie by saying that you've answered them. You mistake your nonsensical reactions to my questions, and your stonewalling, as being answers to my questions. You've given no answers to my questions.

I've pointed out that you've been playing semantic games.

Asking Darwin cheerleaders questions that they cannot answer without embarrassing themselves, and against which they opt to stonewall, is always called "playing semantic games" by Darwin cheerleaders. To "play semantic games" is simply to highlight the immense irrationality and stupidity of Darwin cheerleaders' ravings.

So here you go ahead and play more games.

Translation: "So here you go ahead and leave me no choice, yet again, but to continue to stonewall against your questions, 7djengo7."

We do not refer to birth or death as "evolution".

In point of fact, you do not refer to anything, whatsoever, as "evolution"; that's the point. The word, "evolution", is a word that, when written or spoken by Darwin cheerleaders such as yourself, is invariably parroted meaninglessly.

That's why Darwin cheerleaders--as you, yourself, and Arthur Brain, and others--invariably demonstrate that you know you cannot answer questions about the word, "evolution". That's why y'all persistently stonewall against such questions, and then lie by saying you're not stonewalling.

Cntrysner

According to Genesis 1:1-17, God created physical light, day, and night before he created any physical object that could produce light.

God is light in the spiritual sense (1 John 1:5), but God created physical light on Day 1 (Gen 1:3-5), prior to creating physical light sources on Day 4 (Gen 1:14-19).

You need to step away from the matrix of scientific hypothesis and believe God.

Right Divider

Body part
So, according to you, physical light exists before any physical object that can produce it exists? That makes no sense at all.

God is light in the spiritual sense (1 John 1:5), but God created physical light on Day 1 (Gen 1:3-5).
In the future, when the new Jerusalem comes down from heaven to earth....

Rev 21:23 KJV And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Why do you think that God could not light the earth until He created the sun?

chair

False. Not only have you answered none of my questions, you lie by saying that you've answered them. You mistake your nonsensical reactions to my questions, and your stonewalling, as being answers to my questions. You've given no answers to my questions.

Asking Darwin cheerleaders questions that they cannot answer without embarrassing themselves, and against which they opt to stonewall, is always called "playing semantic games" by Darwin cheerleaders. To "play semantic games" is simply to highlight the immense irrationality and stupidity of Darwin cheerleaders' ravings.

Translation: "So here you go ahead and leave me no choice, yet again, but to continue to stonewall against your questions, 7djengo7."

In point of fact, you do not refer to anything, whatsoever, as "evolution"; that's the point. The word, "evolution", is a word that, when written or spoken by Darwin cheerleaders such as yourself, is invariably parroted meaninglessly.

That's why Darwin cheerleaders--as you, yourself, and Arthur Brain, and others--invariably demonstrate that you know you cannot answer questions about the word, "evolution". That's why y'all persistently stonewall against such questions, and then lie by saying you're not stonewalling.

Oh well.
Seems like you are trolling your own thread.
Is there something about YEC that makes people into nasty fools?

Arthur Brain

Oh boy... another smear.... I didn't "pigeonhole" anyone.

Maybe you should go back to accusations of "elephant hurling"...:plain:

Please describe a "non-materialist atheist".

Please refrain from using such a silly term to start with.

So what? Irrelevant. Once again, we are not talking about humanists.

You're the one who seems to be claiming that atheists are materialists and plenty of atheists/agnostics are humanists.

The kind of science that we are dealing with requires: verifiable and repeatable observations ... and not MULTIPLE ASSUMPTIONS.

And the age of the universe is calculated by methods that aren't simply "multiple assumptions" to start with. Here's a link that describes how and which you probably won't read again but it's all there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe

You, apparently, do not know how radiometric dating works or you'd already know that it has been rebutted (and I didn't need to be the one to do it).

The age of the universe hasn't been rebutted else show where and by who. Otherwise, it's commonly accepted to be billions of years old.

Arthur Brain

Evolutionists always talk about consensus instead of facts. Why?

It's a consensus because the evidence supports it. That's how scientific theories come about.

Because radiometric dating is invalid and generally produces long ages. Learn something about radiometric dating so that we can discuss the method.

Learn something about how the age of the earth is calculated. The link is in the above post of mine and if you can rebut such methods then bring it to the table.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
We do not refer to birth or death as "evolution".

So, Fritz the housecat's evolution--his evolving--is not Fritz's birth, and it is not Fritz's death. Got it. So, then, what is Fritz's evolving, since it is neither his birth, nor his death? And, when does Fritz evolve? When does Fritz's evolution occur? When does he do his evolving? Before his birth? After his birth? After his death? When?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Maybe you should go back to accusations of "elephant hurling"...:plain:
Unlike you, I don't make false accusations. I only accuse you of what you are actually doing.

Please refrain from using such a silly term to start with.
I claimed that atheists are materialists by the nature of their belief system. If you'd like to prove otherwise, go ahead and try.

You're the one who seems to be claiming that atheists are materialists and plenty of atheists/agnostics are humanists.
Atheists are materialists and humanism as NOTHING to do with anything.

And the age of the universe is calculated by methods that aren't simply "multiple assumptions" to start with. Here's a link that describes how and which you probably won't read again but it's all there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe
Why do you refuse to discuss radiometric dating?

The age of the universe hasn't been rebutted else show where and by who. Otherwise, it's commonly accepted to be billions of years old.
Back to consensus again.... that's such a common fallacy.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
So, according to you, physical light exists before any physical object that can produce it exists? That makes no sense at all.

Precisely, it makes no sense at all. But that's what Genesis says.

In the future, when the new Jerusalem comes down from heaven to earth....

Rev 21:23 KJV And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Why do you think that God could not light the earth until He created the sun?

Good question. What sayeth the scriptures? According to Genesis 1:3-5, God created (physical) light and "saw that it was good," and divided it from darkness. This light could not have been a direct emanation from his being because divine light is uncreated and eternal. Also, God would have no need to observe his own illumination and decide that it was "good," as Gen 1:4 states that God did with physical light.

The light referred to in Rev 21:23 is divine light.

Cntrysner

So, Fritz the house-cat's evolution--his evolving--is not Fritz's birth, and it is not Fritz's death. Got it. So, then, what is Fritz's evolving, since it is neither his birth, nor his death? And, when does Fritz evolve? When does Fritz's evolution occur? When does he do his evolving? Before his birth? After his birth? After his death? When?

Evolve:
develop gradually, especially from a simple to a more complex form.

It will occur as in believers will be changed or you could say evolved but not before birth.

Right Divider

Body part
Precisely, it makes no sense at all. But that's what Genesis says.
What you wrote made no sense. Genesis is fine.

Good question. What sayeth the scriptures? According to Genesis 1:3-5, God created (physical) light and "saw that it was good," and divided it from darkness. This light could not have been a direct emanation from his being because divine light is uncreated and eternal. Also, God would have no need to observe his own illumination and decide that it was "good," as Gen 1:4 states that God did with physical light.

The light referred to in Rev 21:23 is apparently divine light.
No kidding.... so this "divine light" couldn't be the light for days 1-3?

mtwilcox

There is plenty of evidence against the theory of evolution, and many of the claims put forth by the believers in the theory; however, there is no evidence that the theory is based in reality.

The theory of evolution is a theory that causes errors in thinking, and assumptions about observable science which leads to erroneous conclusions about the natural world.

Like everybody being taught that Wolves and Dogs are a different species.

They can be interbred, and produce viable offspring; yet, so many ignorant believers in the evolutionary faith have a deep belief they are a different species.

This mistaken belief has been perpetuated by media, and kept in the biology books as a fact; though, it's been disproven by observable science.

The belief in evolution causes people to come to false conclusions about the living things on this planet. This is why it's a bad idea to believe an obvious lie.

The theory of evolution is a Religion, along with atheism;
The theory of evolution is created or arranged in a way that seems artificial and unrealistic.

Just like sports at a university uses funds that should be invested in their education and art departments; evolution theory, and the funds used on trying to make a dead horse live, could be better spent on real observable science.

=M=

http://evolutionissues.com/dinosaurs-modern-mammals-birds-coexisted.php

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
What you wrote made no sense. Genesis is fine.

What I told you is what Genesis says: Light was created on Day 1, but light-producing objects were not created until Day 4.

No kidding.... so this "divine light" couldn't be the light for days 1-3?

According to Genesis 1:3-5, God created (physical) light and "saw that it was good," and divided it from darkness. This light could not have been a direct emanation from his being because divine light is uncreated and eternal. Also, God would have no need to observe his own illumination and decide that it was "good," as Gen 1:4 states that God did with physical light.

Arthur Brain

You certainly like to believe that.

:AMR:

It's not a case of "like to believe", that's simply how science works. Theories don't come about on a whim or unsupported hypothesis but because of the evidence. End of. If you can't understand that then you've no business criticizing scientific methods at all. Just because a theory may not correspond with your personal beliefs is entirely irrelevant. The theory of evolution stands because of the evidence, like it or not.

Still mum about radiometric dating I see.

Still mum with refuting it or the abundance of methods used to determine age.

Right Divider

Body part
:AMR:

It's not a case of "like to believe", that's simply how science works. Theories don't come about on a whim or unsupported hypothesis but because of the evidence. End of. If you can't understand that then you've no business criticizing scientific methods at all. Just because a theory may not correspond with your personal beliefs is entirely irrelevant. The theory of evolution stands because of the evidence, like it or not.
Please demonstrate how the theory of radiometric dating came to be "because of the evidence".

Still mum with refuting it or the abundance of methods used to determine age.
Instead of your constant elephant hurling, start with ONE of those "abundant methods used to determine age": radiometric dating.

Once we destroy that one, we can move on to others.

Arthur Brain

Unlike you, I don't make false accusations. I only accuse you of what you are actually doing.

I've never hurled elephants in my life.

I claimed that atheists are materialists by the nature of their belief system. If you'd like to prove otherwise, go ahead and try.

In the secondary definition you could argue that but not the primary.

Atheists are materialists and humanism as NOTHING to do with anything.

It helps if you clarify just what you mean by materialist. In common usage it means someone who values material possessions above anything else.

Why do you refuse to discuss radiometric dating?

I'm waiting for you to show how it's been invalidated.

Back to consensus again.... that's such a common fallacy.

Not if you understand how scientific theories come about.