toldailytopic: Euthanasia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You (and your fellow atheists) are so used to the stench on your "floor" that you don't even notice that it's covered in your own puke.

A "loan" from you? Do you really think I would ask an atheist for advice on anything?

I've "challenged" your immoral mindset and you HATE it.

(By the way, what did you think of the video of your fellow (homosexual) atheists SODOMIZING the Son of God?).

You are off topic. Go elsewhere. bybee

I agree. That last (sentence) just really not needed. Maybe Knight will have a word of pray with this aSeattleConcerv poster.​

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals said:
A man reduced to despair by a series of misfortunes feels wearied
of life, but is still so far in possession of his reason that he can
ask himself whether it would not be contrary to his duty to himself to
take his own life. Now he inquires whether the maxim of his action
could become a universal law of nature. His maxim is: "From
self-love I adopt it as a principle to shorten my life when its longer
duration is likely to bring more evil than satisfaction." It is
asked then simply whether this principle founded on self-love can
become a universal law of nature. Now we see at once that a system
of nature of which it should be a law to destroy life by means of
the very feeling whose special nature it is to impel to the
improvement of life would contradict itself and, therefore, could
not exist as a system of nature; hence that maxim cannot possibly
exist as a universal law of nature and, consequently, would be
wholly inconsistent with the supreme principle of all duty.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Sweetie! You're so young! Give yourself time. You too may have a pool someday.
blessings, bybee

No, no! It's not that I don't have one; it's that Granite does. Is it really the best possible world if Granite has a pool? :squint:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Like Lighthouse said (kinda):

There is never a good reason to intentionally kill an innocent person ... if they are dying, let them die. If they are living, let them live.

Simple.

Tyrathca

I'm curious, do people here consider the use of medications which will knowingly shorten the remaining lifespan of a terminal patient under all circumstances? Even if the medication results in, for example, significant pain relief?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm curious, do people here consider the use of medications which will knowingly shorten the remaining lifespan of a terminal patient under all circumstances? Even if the medication results in, for example, significant pain relief?

I'd consider that helping things along, yes.

bybee

Well

Well

Medications can have a "paradoxical" effect, so "under all circumstances" is not exactly descriptive. However, people suffering from the excruciating pain caused by some diseases can handle killer does of opiates and still linger. I believe pain relief ought to be the primary motivation for medication. Each person in each situation is unique and the treatment must be prescribed according to need.
bybee

Tyrathca

So if it is known that a pain relief will shorten the already short life span noticeably should it still be given or should they be left in pain? Or are there shades of grey in such use and what factors come into play there? Is it OK so long as the principle aim to treat pain?

bybee

Well

Well

So if it is known that a pain relief will shorten the already short life span noticeably should it still be given or should they be left in pain? Or are there shades of grey in such use and what factors come into play there? Is it OK so long as the principle aim to treat pain?

From where I stand, today, treat intractable pain with all means at your disposal. Whether or not that may shorten the life of a dying person is moot. Keep the person as comfortable as possible.
I would consider it monstrously inhumane to just leave someone in pain.
peace, bybee

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

See the Catholic doctrine of "double effect." What you are describing is a foreseeable but unintended consequence of the medications.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are the atheists going to ask if we want to criminalise smoking as well? :idunno:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Are the atheists going to ask if we want to criminalise smoking as well? :idunno:

Of course I want to criminalize smoking! I want anyone caught with a tobacco cigarrete to be fined, and I want anyone caught selling tobacco cigarettes to have the entirety of his estate confiscated!

Meanwhile, I want marijuana to be decriminalized, subsidized, and provided to every man, woman, child, and small baby by the State. :noid:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Why would we? Adults have a right to be stupid and destroy their OWN body with cancer sticks ... just so they are at the bottom of the transplant list when their hearts and lungs go out.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Go

Go

I agree. That last (sentence) just really not needed. Maybe Knight will have a word of pray with this aSeattleConcerv poster.​

It appears that you were offended. Good!

I was working a detail in downtown Seattle where a luncheon for NARAL was being held. (National Abortion Rights Action League).

Out front were some pastors and mostly elderly people, peacefully demonstrating. On the corner were a few others with pictures of aborted babies (graphic).

Several people came up to me and asked me why I was allowing those pictures to be displayed (like I would have done anything about it even if I could have).

What got to me was that these people weren't upset at the fact that these babies were being aborted in late term, but that they had to see it.

Come out of the sanctuary of your nice cozy home and see evil in action sometime Psalmist. It's not the same as having a philosophical debate online, it's REAL.
________
Ferrari 156 F1 Specifications

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It appears that you were offended. Good!
No, it isn't. If you meant to offend one of the most genuinely decent examples of the Christian walk around this place then you need your head and hindquarters reoriented.

Your example was no parallel of his complaint.
Come out of the sanctuary of your nice cozy home and see evil in action sometime Psalmist. It's not the same as having a philosophical debate online, it's REAL.
Nice assumption. All you need is an organ grinder and you're in business.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Go

Go

No, it isn't. If you meant to offend one of the most genuinely decent examples of the Christian walk around this place then you need your head and hindquarters reoriented.

Your example was no parallel of his complaint.

Nice assumption. All you need is an organ grinder and you're in business.

I pointed out to an atheist blogger what homosexuals are doing to Christian "symbols" in San Francisco.

Any legitimate Christian would be OUTRAGED at that, not the fact that I'm bringing it to light.

Such a delicate bunch here.

P.S. Is Psalmist able to speak for himself; if so, that would make you a busybody ey?
________
Vapir one

Last edited:

bybee

Cretinism

Cretinism

I pointed out to an atheist blogger what homosexuals are doing to Christian "symbols" in San Francisco.

Any legitimate Christian would be OUTRAGED at that, not the fact that I'm bringing it to light.

Such a delicate bunch here.

P.S. Is Psalmist able to speak for himself; if so, that would make you a busybody ey?

Psalmist speaks very well for himself. He is an example of Christian behavior at it's best.
TH supports and defends Christian behavior.
We are a delicate and lovely bunch here!
Perhaps you ought to go elsewhere?
bybee

Status
Not open for further replies.