toldailytopic: Cranberry sauce: love it or hate it?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll eat either (real or out of a can) and I will NOT "save" any for any of you (neener neener neener).

It's great with turkey and mayo for leftover sandwiches too.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm thinking about writing a book about "Rightly Dividing The Cranberry."

rainee

I'm thinking about writing a book about "Rightly Dividing The Cranberry."

Aren't Cranberries part of the Trinity of Thanksgiving (with Turkey and Dressing) and all else additions to these? Can you divide in a trinity?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Aren't Cranberries part of the Trinity of Thanksgiving (with Turkey and Dressing) and all else additions to these? Can you divide in a trinity?
Not for me. The "Trinity of Thanksgiving," here, is turkey, dressing, and candied yams. :chew:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
yikes :doh: Those yams/sweet potatoes are absolutely essential.

I've only had one Thanksgiving without candied yams (I was a guest at a friend's house). Instead of candied yams, they made mashed yams. I didn't care for them that way. And, because they made mashed yams, they didn't have mashed potatoes and gravy.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Will your book on rightly dividing the cranberry have a chapter that says we should leave the whole idea open?

That's a closed issue for now. It is still out in committee.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I admit it I belong to the cranberry sauce/relish cult :chuckle:, I love the stuff. I am not crazy about the gelatin style but if that is all that there is I will choke it down. My mom makes that rum soaked cranberry relish that sky speaks of, I really like that, she also makes a cranberry applesauce that is really awesome. So there you have it the truth is out...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I admit it I belong to the cranberry sauce/relish cult :chuckle:, I love the stuff. I am not crazy about the gelatin style but if that is all that there is I will choke it down. My mom makes that rum soaked cranberry relish that sky speaks of, I really like that, she also makes a cranberry applesauce that is really awesome. So there you have it the truth is out...
Do any of your co-workers know yet?