toldailytopic: Colored eggs, and chocolate bunnies: are they sinful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
4439_cream_legbar.jpg

My chickens lay brown eggs and blue eggs. They are delicious! I'm not sure about evil, though I do have a rooster that I suspect is a rapist!

so you know how good a fresh egg is

I remember going to the chicken coop and getting a couple of warm eggs from under a chicken for breakfast

golden yokes that tower over the egg white

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so you know how good a fresh egg is

I remember going to the chicken coop and getting a couple of warm eggs from under a chicken for breakfast

golden yokes that tower over the egg white

Indeed! One thing that surprised me was that fresh eggs are slicker. It is harder to slide a spatula under to flip them because they just slide. I finally figured out I needed to stop greasing the pan first. Which is a good thing.
The other good thing I realized is that a don't mind a broken yolk as much because they are moister even after being fried hard!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Indeed! One thing that surprised me was that fresh eggs are slicker. It is harder to slide a spatula under to flip them because they just slide. I finally figured out I needed to stop greasing the pan first. Which is a good thing.
The other good thing I realized is that a don't mind a broken yolk as much because they are moister even after being fried hard!

a broken yoke can ruin my day

zoo22

Here's a great recipe to try!

Easter Bunny Fricassee

Ingredients
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Easter Bunny (It has to be the real deal; mall bunnies will ruin the flavor)
1 Spanish onion, small dice
1 green pepper, small dice
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon hot (not sweet) paprika
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 cup canned whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 cup dry sherry
1 cup chicken stock
2 baking potatoes, like russets, cut into large dice
1/4 cup capers
1/4 cup frozen sweet peas
1/4 bunch parsley, chopped

Directions
In a large saucepan, heat the oil and brown the rabbit on both sides. NOTE: He may protest, but be persistant! Add onions, peppers, and garlic, and saute for 10 minutes. Add paprika, bay leaves, oregano, tomatoes, sherry, and chicken stock. Cook for 1 hour. Add potatoes and capers. Cook for 1 more hour, or until potatoes are tender. Serve and garnish with sweet peas and parsley.

I have two house rabbits as pets. One's sleeping on my lap as I'm typing this. As far as I'm concerned, you might as well substitute "the family dog" for rabbit in that recipe. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have two house rabbits as pets. One's sleeping on my lap as I'm typing this. As far as I'm concerned, you might as well substitute "the family dog" for rabbit in that recipe. :plain:
:think: No. That would be Pineapple Surprise Fried Rice...with egg roll.

I aint no monkey

As I was gouging myself on chocolate and Easter bunnies over the weekend, I felt like I was sinning, yes.

However when I preached to the captive audience about the real meaning of Easter just before the Easter egg hunt, I felt better.

:)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yep, I do. Though not a lot of it anymore... And I try to stay aware of it, where it comes from and whatnot.

I have spent some time in India where they don't eat meat although it is available
and
they won't kill animals although they do have professional rat killers
so
they end up sharing their food with all the animals

they actually have to guard the crops so the animals don't get it all
so
our love for animals needs to be tempered

zoo22

I have spent some time in India where they don't eat meat although it is available
and
they won't kill animals although they do have professional rat killers
so
they end up sharing their food with all the animals

they actually have to guard the crops so the animals don't get it all
so
our love for animals needs to be tempered

Okay, yes, many things need to be tempered. I don't live in India. I live in my house, where I don't eat rabbits. I've learned too much about them having them as house pets. It's my choice, my decision. I'm not going hungry because of that decision, though I do have to guard the garden when they're having a runaround outside, because they would eat the crops, but that doesn't bother me.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Okay, yes, many things need to be tempered. I don't live in India. I live in my house, where I don't eat rabbits. I've learned too much about them having them as house pets. It's my choice, my decision. I'm not going hungry because of that decision, though I do have to guard the garden when they're having a runaround outside, because they would eat the crops, but that doesn't bother me.

do you know that rabbits eat crocus bulbs?

are you okay with that?

zoo22

do you know that rabbits eat crocus bulbs?

are you okay with that?

Does that have anything to do with whether or not I eat a rabbit? Yes, rabbits eat crocus bulbs. I'm sure my rabbits would like to. One of them enjoys eating candles, so I keep him away from candles. And yes, rabbits can be a real scourge to gardens and crops. That doesn't change anything regarding me eating or not eating them. Some people eat them; I don't.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Does that have anything to do with whether or not I eat a rabbit? Yes, rabbits eat crocus bulbs. I'm sure my rabbits would like to. One of them enjoys eating candles, so I keep him away from candles. And yes, rabbits can be a real scourge to gardens and crops. That doesn't change anything regarding me eating or not eating them. Some people eat them; I don't.

Oh? Well, perhaps THIS will change your mind.

peter+rabbit1.jpg

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

so rabbits are eating crocus bulbs
and
I am supposed to just get over it?

Dena

After eating part of a chocolate bunny that I suspect is the culprit for stomach pain last night I may be changing my tune. Chocolate bunnies - evil!!! Reese Cup eggs - still delicious.

zoo22

so rabbits are eating crocus bulbs
and
I am supposed to just get over it?

No. Also the rabbits will eat the shoots and blooms. There's something called liquid fence that might help, and various sprays for the plants. Are you sure it's not squirrels eating the bulbs?

Regardless of the crocuses, I don't eat rabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.