toldailytopic: Are Christians called to forgive the Colorado Movie Theater killer?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Died for them and offer them forgiveness is the same now as granting it?

Do you believe all mankind is saved by that act whether they receive it or not?

Does receiving require something on our part or not?

Let's cut to the chase, you are comparing yourself [before you were saved] with that Colorado killer, you suppose that your sins were not so grevious as his, kind of more refined, a better class of sinner weren't you?.

How many TOLlers have done drugs, don't you know that whole gangs are wiped out in the business of supplying you with drugs?

That man is DEAD, slain in trespasses and sins, but YOU were not less dead, how d'you expect sinners to behave?

These kind of crimes are going to get more common and more viscious because the church has her focus on the wrong person...she looks at the murderer when the true enemy is the spirit of murder the devil to whom the murderer is enslaved, we look at the homo and get our placards out to hurl abuse at them and fail to tackle the real enemy which is a spirit of uncleaness.

I'll tell you why, because it is easier. To go behind the scenes and tackle the problem at it's source takes spiritual endeavour and energy and that would interrupt our tv schedule.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against wicked spirits in the high places.

But it is much easier to point our finger and express our moral outrage.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Consider what Paul says. He writes:

Ephesians 4:32 KJV And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Colossians 2:13 KJV And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Is the unbeliever forgiven for all trespasses? Will they see heaven?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Let's cut to the chase, you are comparing yourself [before you were saved] with that Colorado killer, you suppose that your sins were not so grevious as his, kind of more refined, a better class of sinner weren't you?.

How many TOLlers have done drugs, don't you know that whole gangs are wiped out in the business of supplying you with drugs?

That man is DEAD, slain in trespasses and sins, but YOU were not less dead, how d'you expect sinners to behave?

These kind of crimes are going to get more common and more viscious because the church has her focus on the wrong person...she looks at the murderer when the true enemy is the spirit of murder the devil to whom the murderer is enslaved, we look at the homo and get our placards out to hurl abuse at them and fail to tackle the real enemy which is a spirit of uncleaness.

I'll tell you why, because it is easier. To go behind the scenes and tackle the problem at it's source takes spiritual endeavour and energy and that would interrupt our tv schedule.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against wicked spirits in the high places.

Actually do not assume what i think and nowhere have i compared myself to anyone, by asking what YOU believe, how about answering what i actually asked now or do you not want to state what you believe?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
While we were yet dead in our sins Christ died for the ungodly.

It is God who takes the initiative.

Now can we try again? I am asking YOU what YOU believe there.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

It requires for you to go in kindness with the good news of God's salvation, how shocked you would be iffen he got saved, it has happened before, the prisons are FULL of people who never would have got saved had they not committed an awful crime. It would be better if the church got to them BEFORE they did it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Now can we try again? I am asking YOU what YOU believe there.

I doesn't believe there is some good thing that dwelleth in me that would enable me to make a decision for Christ, I don't believe in that stuff although that gospel has gotten a stranglehold on the church.

I believe in the power of the Holy Ghost to break even the impenetrable heart.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I doesn't believe there is some good thing that dwelleth in me that would enable me to make a decision for Christ, I don't believe in that stuff although that gospel has gotten a stranglehold on the church.

I believe in the power of the Holy Ghost to break even the impenetrable heart.

Do you believe that all of mankind will be saved?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Let's try that one again shall we? since it is a very full answer to your question.

heir

TOL Subscriber
How are we forgiven? By asking for forgiveness.
No. You were forgiven nearly 2000 years ago whether you believe it or not when God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself not imputing your trespasses unto you!

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

when He who knew no sin was made to be sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him!

2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

When Christ died for our sins!

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that asks for forgiveness? No. to every one that believeth...for therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith.

The righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ is unto all. In order for the righteousness of God to be upon you, must you ask for forgiveness? NO. You believe!

Romans 3:21-22 KJV But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No. You were forgiven nearly 2000 years ago whether you believe it or not when God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself not imputing your trespasses unto you!

Then i do not have to believe to be saved since forgiveness is already mine without asking?

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

when He who knew no sin was made to be sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him!

2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

When Christ died for our sins!

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that asks for forgiveness? No. to every one that believeth...for therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith.

The righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ is unto all. In order for the righteousness of God to be upon you, must you ask for forgiveness? NO. You believe!

Romans 3:21-22 KJV But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Yes, i believe, i came to Him for forgiveness of my sins.

Could i have received salvation without asking? Luke 11:13

heir

TOL Subscriber
Is the unbeliever forgiven for all trespasses? Will they see heaven?
I believe I answered this in my last post to you, but what I failed to mention is if one goes to hell today they go with their sins already forgiven, but they did not receive the love of the truth that they could be saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I believe I answered this in my last post to you, but what I failed to mention is if one goes to hell today they go with their sins already forgiven, but they did not receive the love of the truth that they could be saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

If they have no sin, how did they end up in hell?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Could i have received salvation without asking? Luke 11:13
Yes, by trusting the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.

Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes, by trusting the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.

Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

In other words i have to come to Him right? Because there is no way to believe if you do not know you have committed a sin that you NEED forgiving for.

Therefore, forgiveness happens when you humble yourself and believe. Ask and you shall receive right?

heir

TOL Subscriber
If they have no sin, how did they end up in hell?
Simple answer. The righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ was never put to their account. Looking at this verse again, is the righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ unto all? Is the righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ upon all? What does the verse say is necessary to have the righteousness of God upon you?

Romans 3:22 KJV Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: