toldailytopic: $476 Million. What would you do if you won Friday's MEGA Lottery Jackp

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 28th, 2012 08:48 AM

toldailytopic: $476 Million. What would you do if you won Friday's MEGA Lottery Jackpot?

lottery.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Spend spend spend ..........................

But specifically, I would pay off the small mortgage on my home and all the bills owed for my daughter, son, mother and myself.

I would put aside 10 million each for both of my children, my mother and my grandson.

I would buy modest homes for my kids, my mother and myself in Northern California (with lots of new furniture)..

I would buy *practical* new vehicles for my two children, mother and myself.

I would buy myself a Lifetime membership on TOL and make a generous contribution on the next TOL-a-thon.

After all of these things, I would wing it ........................ :)

Last edited:

ccfromsc

Buy an island in the carribean. Declare myself a country, Get recognized by the UN. Then declare war on the USA, after 2 weeks surrender and get $20 Billion in aid.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Have a Whomstock party for all TOL members!

With live bands and free food and drinks provided.
Travel & hotel expenses included.
And all that attend get a new computer.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Take this enterprise world wide. :D

:think: Leave enough in Jack's trust to alleviate any worries on him following his father into public service... Establish a charitable trust with most of the rest, using half the monies generated by the trust with the other half to go back into it so that generations from now it would continue to fight against disease and misery with a growing capacity.

Oh, and I'd buy a lottery ticket. :eek:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Buy an island in the carribean. Declare myself a country, Get recognized by the UN. Then declare war on the USA, after 2 weeks surrender and get $20 Billion in aid.

:chuckle: Clever twist on one of Jesus' parables!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Have a Whomstock party for all TOL members!

With live bands and free food and drinks provided.
Travel & hotel expenses included.
And all that attend get a new computer.
Nice!

We could have live no-holds barred octagon cage matches. Sozo vs. Godrulz could be the main event.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The chances of finding the winning ticket in the street are about the same as picking the right numbers :idunno:

:chuckle: Considering that, I should have actually said: "I'd wonder how I won, since I didn't buy a ticket, and I never leave my house, and I don't see any lottery tickets lying around my driveway."

Quincy

I'd buy a house, nice car, plenty of gadgets then pay off the family's bills. I'd keep about 10 million for the rest of my life, invest about half wisely then i'd give the rest away. Charities, churches, and such.

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: $476 Million. What would you do if you won Friday's MEGA Lottery Jackpot?

1. Buy TOL its own dedicated server so it doesn't have to hold the yearly TOL-athons.

2. Buy it it's own radio station where it can broadcast Bob Enyart Live over the airwaves and bring in a host of other interesting personalities and programs, including one on one debates.