TOL is for Dialogue!!!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, it is no longer I who sin, but sin that dwells within me. Christ is not a sinner and the law was nailed to the cross, and i am already seated in heavenly places with Christ.

How about you? Are you still trying to work off your sin?

no

I am still trying to overcometh

have you overcometh already?

how did you do it?

Yes. John 1 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith. 5 Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?…

Through my faith in Christ who has already overcome the world, as have I because of Him who dwells in me.
John 1:13
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

1 John 4:4
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

1 John 5:1
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

1 John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.

okay
you are 'born of God'
and
I am not
because
you just believe as I do
but
I believe we will be judged according to our works
and
you don't
and
I still sin
but
you don't

you have to admit that I believe
but
my belief is different
so
how do I convince myself that I am not sinning?

what is sin?

In other words you don't really want an answer to your own question, because to answer what you asked, you need to be able to define what sin is, and it seems you cant.

So you google how you can convince yourself you are not sinning, since google seems to have more for you on Christianity than God does.

Sorry for wasting my time, thinking you wanted a discussion.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
In other words you don't really want an answer to your own question, because to answer what you asked, you need to be able to define what sin is, and it seems you cant.

So you google how you can convince yourself you are not sinning, since google seems to have more for you on Christianity than God does.

Sorry for wasting my time, thinking you wanted a discussion.

sin has already been defined for us
I can't change that
but
you can
so
how did you convince yourself that you don't sin?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
sin has already been defined for us
I can't change that
but
you can
so
how did you convince yourself that you don't sin?

1 John 5:18 We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

How can i sin, when i am not under the law, and i am covered by Christ who has no sin and the law is what defines sin?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
1 John 5:18 We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

How can i sin, when i am not under the law, and i am covered by Christ who has no sin and the law is what defines sin?

so you were born of God

how did that happen?

musterion

Why aren't you addressing the topic you brought up? People are giving you answers to what you've repeatedly asked; do you not like what they're telling you so you're shifting the goalposts? What is your problem? Your questions were not rhetorical - you were wanting serious answers, and you got them. Why do you ignore it and keep asking more questions, instead of responding in kind?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
she wanted me to define sin
something that is already defined
she quoted the bible suggesting that she was born of God
I would like to know what that means

musterion

she wanted me to define sin
something that is already defined
she quoted the bible suggesting that she was born of God
I would like to know what that means

At least one person cited Romans 7:17, 20 but I do not recall you even trying to address it.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
At least one person cited Romans 7:17, 20 but I do not recall you even trying to address it.

consider it addressed

2 Peter 3:16 (KJV)

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

musterion

So you not only won't address it directly - because you don't know how even to begin to - you play your lazy Mexican Standoff with God's Word and try to neutralize it with Peter without even realizing what either apostle was talking about.

You are a fool and a hypocrite.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
to call someone a hypocrite
is
to acknowledge that your actions should be consistent with you beliefs
so
why would someone who does not believe in works use such a word?

hyp·o·crite
ˈhipəˌkrit/
noun
noun: hypocrite; plural noun: hypocrites

a person who indulges in hypocrisy.

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies

the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so how goes the dialogue?

not so well

what's the problem

they won't answer my questions

they think you are trying to trap them

I am

why?

to get them to think

you think you are the only one who does?

tol does that to me

maybe you should quote the bible

will I need software for that?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
so how goes the dialogue?

not so well

what's the problem

They won't answer my questions

Not many answer all questions they are asked. I don't answer to my enemy posters because all they do is going into never ending bickering and insulting.

If they don't answer your question, it is safe to say they don't like you.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Not many answer all questions they are asked. I don't answer to my enemy posters because all they do is going into never ending bickering and insulting.

If they don't answer your question, it is safe to say they don't like you.

you should never pass up the opportunity to answer a question
if
the question makes sense

many don't