freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Served...........

Served...........

I remind those who want to understand what Freelight and Caino believe, they
may Google; Urantia UFO Cult!

Answered here.

Give it up,...ignorance helps no one.

Being an 'idiot' (in regard to the UB) is also non-profitable. It does more harm than good.

Furthermore, Caino and I have different styles and belief-system tendencies (histories, influences, schooling, we are different personalities, etc.),...you make the foolhardy assumption that just because we have contributed to the UB thread and I expound on the UB in certain sections that interest me, or am just acting as an expositor/expounder of some of its concepts, (I've done this with many other religious texts and schools of thought over the years)...that Caino and I are somehow card-carrying cult-buddies. I find that comical, just as much as your 'little green men' comments.

TOL is for dialogue,...NOT trolling.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Answered here.

Give it up,...ignorance helps no one.

Being an 'idiot' (in regard to the UB) is also non-profitable. It does more harm than good.

Furthermore, Caino and I have different styles and belief-system tendencies (histories, influences, schooling, we are different personalities, etc.),...you make the foolhardy assumption that just because we have contributed to the UB thread and I expound on the UB in certain sections that interest me, or am just acting as an expositor/expounder of some of its concepts, (I've done this with many other religious texts and schools of thought over the years)...that Caino and I are somehow card-carrying cult-buddies. I find that comical, just as much as your 'little green men'.

TOL is for dialogue,...NOT trolling.

pj

You're led by your "Cosmic Entities." That's all.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hi meshak and those following,

My former observations stand,...and I'll add that the 'con-fusion' exists already within the various books of the bible, especially when comparing the teaching of Jesus with Paul's letters...which teach a different 'gospel' within a different 'audience-context', with different dynamics, terms and meaning regarding salvation, respect to the law, adherence to Jewish customs, etc. My commentary and resource materials point seekers to information so they can do their own research regarding the historical, cultural, doctrinal issues behind the belief-systems, as they are and have developed. On this count, since you do not bother to do further 'research' but apparently just use what you find in the gospels themselves (being also limited to some extent in your current use of English), you are limited and may not know some of the finer points of controversy regarding the whole 'Jesus vs. Paul' issue, so my pointing these out is not meant to confuse, but to correlate, compare and illuminate. I cant help it if I come from a broader more extensive knowledge-base and eclectic-approach to theology, but that's just how I roll :)

Even as we consider the entire Bible as its been canonized,....men put it altogether according to their own religious bias, interest and use,....therefore its tailored to the writers and their religious beliefs....obviously. If you only go by 'Jesus words only', you are limited to what we have recorded of his words, if we really trust that the 4 gospels chosen out of so many others contain all Jesus words, and these were really his own words. Some of the sayings of Jesus may be only 'here-say', 'assumptions', 'near-approximations' or only some 'tradition'....but may not be wholly accurate renderings of his original words. (while some sayings are more 'solid', others are ripe for 'cherry-picking') - see the Jesus Seminar.

So,...you've got those textual issues to consider. This is why I also consider non-canonical, apocryphal, Gnostic and more modern day 'channeled' info. when considering what Jesus actually taught. You have to use your own discernment of historical facts, probabilities, possibilities and your own inner guidance as to the value of any of it, and how it relates to anything. That's just the fact of the matter,....however you CHOOSE to interpret and apply these so called 'teachings of Jesus' or any biblical text (fact or fancy) for that matter.

The gospels themselves have contradictions, then John's gospel its own esoteric more gnostic presentation of Jesus teachings, and even that gospel says the world could not contain all the records of all Jesus said and did! - so,...you've got a limited record of Jesus sayings and doings with no proof that its all 100% true. The only valid thing is how a religionist interprets and applies these teachings as to their meaning and value, at last 'proved' thru personal experience. -that's it.

We have other records of Jesus teachings, and plenty of folks claiming to channel Jesus these days (its pretty open season in some quarters :) ),....so I don't see the gospels as that special, except as manuscripts unique to their historical context and creation, but still 'scripted' by those persons with their own religious agenda....and naturally so.

pj

We have more than enough to add confusion to the circus like christinianity. If they cannot accept Jesus' own word, they have problem, not me.

Jesus' own word has been disregarded, greatly. I am merely spreading what Jesus says.

blessings.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes,...the clear teachings of Jesus himself, centered in the sermon on the mount, his parables and other illustrations...call us to do some very difficult things in some situations, encouraging us to deny ourselves to serve others for the greater good. Those who choose to simply tuck Jesus teachings away to an earlier 'dispensation' (MAD views and similar) and only hold to Paul's gospel, only confound the problem, but its difficult to resolve or synthesize as it is, taking the entire NT as a whole in relation to what the 'new covenant' is, and how its to be practiced (enter a hodge-podge of theology).

This is precisely what the Urantia Papers emphasize, calling us back to the religion OF Jesus, and not just having a religion ABOUT Jesus. Very good :thumb: - this view focuses on the teachings of Jesus himself in their universal, spiritual, social, practical value for us who are called to be citizens of the kingdom, being sons of God with one universal Father.

pj

you talk as though the revelations given to Paul FROM the Risen Jesus Christ are meaningless, you constantly attempt to discredit God's Word and lead people away from Christianity.

I find it disturbing that you do not simply PREACH YOUR OWN GOOD NEWS, without first casting aspersions; CALUMNY, on the Holy Bible and the accuracy thereof, purposely planting seeds of doubt in seekers of God/Christ - truly shameful

I cannot fathom how or why, anybody would believe your drivel when you start from a position of blaspheming the Holy Spirit -

good day sir - :patrol:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
look what they did to your thread

well it really isn't mine

possession is nine tenths of the law

do you know any good lawyers?

they may be out of town

you just love saying that

you should get out of town once in awhile

the bunnies are out of town

I stopped feeding them

that was mean

I am only going to plant stuff they don't like

what about dogs?

I have a list of poisonous plants

that is really mean

I am more important than their dogs

so it is all about you?

I think people are more important

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
look what they did to your thread

well it really isn't mine

possession is nine tenths of the law

do you know any good lawyers?

they may be out of town

you just love saying that

you should get out of town once in awhile

the bunnies are out of town

I stopped feeding them

that was mean

I am only going to plant stuff they don't like

what about dogs?

I have a list of poisonous plants

that is really mean

I am more important than their dogs

so it is all about you?

I think people are more important

i talk to myself too sometimes. i love puppies, even the big old stinky ones. dogs never think of the end, it never crosses their minds. all animals, i suppose

this was resodko's thread - i guess dialogue means - anything. i'm not sure who thread-jacked it: freelight or GM ? no matter, when i see posts of blasphemy and ant-Christian "dialogue" on any thread i might join in

what about all the human waste ? over 7,000,000,000 people, each one pooping and peeing several times per day. i guess about 90% of it goes into pipes of some kind, travelling to somewhere. everyday. animals also - we are surrounded.

any thoughts/concerns ? - :DK:

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
i talk to myself too sometimes. i love puppies, even the big old stinky ones. dogs never think of the end, it never crosses their minds. all animals, i suppose

this was resodko's thread - i guess dialogue means anything. i'm not sure who thread-jacked it: freelight or GM ? no matter, when i see posts of blasphemy and ant-Christian "dialogue" on any thread i might join in

what about all the human waste ? over 7,000,000,000 people, each one pooping and peeing several times per day. i guess about 90% of it goes into pipes of some kind, travelling to somewhere. everyday. animals also - we are surrounded.

any thoughts/concerns ? - :DK:

you seem to be missing the point
humans use toilets and most of them flush
but
the neighbors have to walk their dogs away from their yard to someone else's yard
and
hopefully they will pick it up
but
you know not all of them do
because
their dog is more important than you

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
you seem to be missing the point
humans use toilets and most of them flush
but
the neighbors have to walk their dogs away from their yard to someone else's yard
and
hopefully they will pick it up
but
you know not all of them do
because
their dog is more important than you

oh, i get it. yes, selfishness - i started a thread on that once - but our dogs go in our yard. sometimes other yards - a tree grows in Brooklyn -

you're missing the point too. the OP is dialogue, i can discuss nearly anything, and it's never all about me. you never made a point and directed it to nobody in particular, as far as i can tell - but anyhoo, let's talk poo poo -

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lets make some things clear

Lets make some things clear

you talk as though the revelations given to Paul FROM the Risen Jesus Christ are meaningless, you constantly attempt to discredit God's Word and lead people away from Christianity. .

My commentary speaks for itself, and is not as you assume above. Refer back to that original commentary, your 'interpretation' is extreme and presumptuous. Everyone can read a text and draw their own conclusion, especially in light of the historical/doctrinal and textual criticism issues behind them. Your whole concept of 'God's word' and 'leading people away from Christianity' is pretty extreme. I've been on a 'Christ-positive' and affirming spiritual journey for many years, including the universal truths and wisdom from every religious tradition, since 'God' is the omnipresent 'light' in all. - those who know my theology know its all-inclusive nature, and it will also have more skeptical and even in some cases 'agnostic' overtones, but mostly is spiritualist-gnostic in fashion. 'God' is the one universal omnipresent REALITY, one Light with many rays, One ocean....many rivers.

I find it disturbing that you do not simply PREACH YOUR OWN GOOD NEWS, without first casting aspersions; CALUMNY, on the Holy Bible and the accuracy thereof, purposely planting seeds of doubt in seekers of God/Christ - truly shameful

False presuppositioning. Again, you're reading this stuff into my presentations, which calls for critical and exporatory research into what you are believing,...its not a secret plot to 'plant seeds of doubt' or 'lead people away from God',...quite to the contrary. Its a call for one to awake and quest-tion, be vigilent and creative in one's theological adventure.

I cannot fathom how or why, anybody would believe your drivel when you start from a position of blaspheming the Holy Spirit -

Many intelligent more skeptical, liberal and eclectic 'christians' recognize contradictions in the Bible and other features of traditional-orthodox theology. No human writing is perfect, being of symbolic language and varied inspiration. Being aware and intelligent in light of all the facts and following your own inner guidance (the Spirit within) is what I promote, continually learning, evolving, progressing forward. Creation is an evolutional journey of consciousness.....and it goes on into infinity.

Also as 'God' is my witness, I have NEVER blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I find no scriptural grounds for such a charge. I would be more careful with 'assuming' things, based on faulty or biased evidence. On that note, I continue in cordial and open dialogue if you wish to engage such, respectfully.

good day sir - :patrol:

And a wonderful day to you too sir,

om shanti,

pj

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi meshak and those following,

My former observations stand,...and I'll add that the 'con-fusion' exists already within the various books of the bible, especially when comparing the teaching of Jesus with Paul's letters...which teach a different 'gospel' within a different 'audience-context', with different dynamics, terms and meaning regarding salvation, respect to the law, adherence to Jewish customs, etc. My commentary and resource materials point seekers to information so they can do their own research regarding the historical, cultural, doctrinal issues behind the belief-systems, as they are and have developed. On this count, since you do not bother to do further 'research' :noid:that the 4 gospels chosen out of so many others contain all Jesus words, and these were really his own words. [/B]Some of the sayings of Jesus may be only 'here-say', 'assumptions', 'near-approximations' or only some 'tradition'....but may not be wholly accurate renderings of his original words. (while some sayings are more 'solid', others are ripe for 'cherry-picking') - see the Jesus Seminar.

So,...you've got those textual issues to consider. This is why I also consider non-canonical, apocryphal, Gnostic and more modern day 'channeled' info. when considering what Jesus actually taught. You have to use your own discernment of historical facts, probabilities, possibilities and your own inner guidance as to the value of any of it, and how it relates to anything. That's just the fact of the matter,....however you CHOOSE to interpret and apply these so called 'teachings of Jesus' or any biblical text (fact or fancy) for that matter.

The gospels themselves have contradictions, then John's gospel its own esoteric more gnostic presentation of Jesus teachings, and even that gospel says the world could not contain all the records of all Jesus said and did! - so,...you've got a limited record of Jesus sayings and doings with [I]no proof that its all 100% true[/I]. The only valid thing is how a religionist interprets and applies these teachings as to their meaning and value, at last 'proved' thru personal experience. -that's it.

We have other records of Jesus teachings, and plenty of folks claiming to channel Jesus these days (its pretty open season in some quarters :) ),....so I don't see the gospels as that special, except as manuscripts unique to their historical context and creation, but still 'scripted' by those persons with their own religious agenda....and naturally so.

pj

Blasphemy -

throughout your posting you discredit the Bible, the written Word of God. you cast aspersions; calumny, on the authors and the Holy Spirit of God. you allude to a higher level of truth and understanding; spirit, something beyond the Bible and outside of Christianity -

you encourage and promote doubting the Word of God, instead focusing on self. you use words like a politician under the guise of a Hindu Christian, promoting your material and the material of like-minded heretics. you add and subtract from the Word of God.

for some satanic reason you particularly attack Paul, perhaps as an attention grabber. i don't judge you and enjoy your light-hearted approach and humor, most of the time - lately you never seem to be spreading peace and love and Free Light - preach the good news of your interpretations instead of focusing on your findings of contradictions in the Bible (which don't exist) -

I added and changed a few things. like you do to the Bible

enjoy the free light of God today on earth . . . oh, they re-named it to Urantai ? but nobody got the memo ? :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Freelight has been called back to his home planet, 'telepathically speaking' and
will be unavailable for comment the remainder of the evening. He sends his
deepest regards to all of his, fellow Urantians and Urantian wannabes.

He's temporarily not in the physical realm, which makes him unable to
communicate to us by normal means. However, he will return to earth
(Urantia) sometime tomorrow. If you have any further questions about
Freelights 'Cosmic excursion' into the furthest parts of his conscientiousness,
please make a note and leave it on your fridge as a reminder to inquire of
him when he returns. Deepest regards, GM