what I really need is approval

and you get that here?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so when are you leaving?

I would rather not say

they are giving you a lot of grief

res isn't around to keep them busy

so it is better for you when he is around?

I don't want to encourage him

I see

I think I have as many enemies as I have friends

didn't confucius say that was sufficient?

yes he did

they say you are dishonest

that is easier than to come up with a rational argument

don't often see that at tol

truth smacking does not require that

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so what have you got against unions?

they support the democratic party

what's wrong with that?

they support abortion

what's wrong with that?

are you a christian?

you know I am

so why are you asking me what is wrong with abortion?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is it good that many have been banned?
Some of them facilitated activity.
Perhaps that was not respected?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
meta-tation.............

meta-tation.............

Is it good that many have been banned?
Some of them facilitated activity.
Perhaps that was not respected?

Well, some things appear to be at the whim of certain moderators, since the banning standards or criteria are sometimes a bit 'hazy' as far as where does one 'draw the line'? I was thinking about raising a ruckus about my last banning (my first ever!) but decided to waive it after a few PM's with the moderator concerned. Weighing what I would have to challenge, with the various mentalities and powers existing, I decided another approach.

I'll continue to be a free spirit expressing my own views, opinions and perspectives, as I have done here from the beginning, recognizing my 1st amendment rights, my insightful contribution to inspiring/engaging 'creative dialogue' and 'discussion' here, giving all posters an opportunity to think for themselves, and dare to have their own 'voice'. Of course within the forum's rules,...yet where such rules begin to cross lines, then it becomes its own issue of discussion, taking it to another level.

TOL wont progress as a global voice without an eclectic assortment of individuals with diverse views and opinions, since this 'creative tension' is essential in some respects to keep discussions vibrant, interesting and pertinent to the times. A broad cross-view of both religious and secular views are part of the spectrum of humanity, and different religious traditions and 'inter-faith' dialogue is also important on a universal scale. Granted there is enough division/diversity within Christendom itself to keep them busy forever, but if you leave out the other religious traditions and cultures of our world, you have don't have the whole picture. Truth must be reflected in ever facet, reality from all sides.

To merely keep a little 'bless me club' or fraternity of the 'doctrinally correct' has its limitations, and what good this will do in the world in general is questionable, however self-serving. So, perhaps another look at TOL's outreach and motive for interaction on the world wide web could be helpful.

pj

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
since this 'creative tension' is essential in some respects to keep discussions vibrant, interesting and pertinent to the times.

this was my favorite part
but
the whole post was really good
there are a few here
that
make sure my tension stays high
every now and then a real dialogue breaks out

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Riding the threashold.......

Riding the threashold.......

hehe!
Everything you write is a bit hazy.

:) Just takes more of an open mind dear,....expanding your consciousness , world-view, and study of other religious paths and philosophies can do wonders for heart and soul.

Remember,...'Truth/Reality/God'....call IT what you will,..is universal.

*typo correction in post-title is "riding the threshold" :surf:

pj

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so how was the trip?

very nice

family?

yes

was it warm enough?

had my morning coffee outside twice

how about the beer?

every day

did the kids have fun?

all they wanted to do is throw stones in the lake

Lon

:) Just takes more of an open mind dear,....expanding your consciousness , world-view, and study of other religious paths and philosophies can do wonders for heart and soul.

Remember,...'Truth/Reality/God'....call IT what you will,..is universal.

*typo correction in post-title is "riding the threshold" :surf:

pj
:nono: Christianity IS exclusive. Narrow way, only truth and life, Spirit AND Truth, eye of the needle.

Basically, your theology is you and literally whatever you can find that agrees with you as a sinful carnal pagan. You are a carnal man, still in his sins, trying to touch your eternity by your own bootstraps. Your 'goodnews' is "You don't need God, he is already in you and is you." That is the exact lie Satan told Eve. You are a fool in every Biblical accusation from scripture. ▲You are nearly a clone of Satan▲ Do you realize that?
Gen 3:4 But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die.
Gen 3:5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

You led Zeke away by the same lie.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
theres always more............

theres always more............

:nono: Christianity IS exclusive. Narrow way, only truth and life, Spirit AND Truth, eye of the needle.

I see 'God' as Universal. 'God' being Spirit, Energy, Consciousness, Deity, Soul,...(call 'God' what you will). 'God' can be personalized or non-personal as pure energy-awareness-light-intelligence....from which all personality arises and all relationships in space-time. Creation is the play of God....God unfolding/expressing/involving/evolving.

Basically, your theology is you and literally whatever you can find that agrees with you as a sinful carnal pagan. You are a carnal man, still in his sins, trying to touch your eternity by your own bootstraps. Your 'goodnews' is "You don't need God, he is already in you and is you." That is the exact lie Satan told Eve. You are a fool in every Biblical accusation from scripture. ▲You are nearly a clone of Satan▲ Do you realize that?

Many conflations above, don't know where to begin. My theology is not bound by your concept of 'carnal man', even with your 'pagan' twist added to spruce the pot. You're not understanding the view of 'non-dualism', but could learn from great Advaita teachers such as Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatte Maharaj, Mooji, etc. about coming to be aware of awareness itself, which is the essence of our true nature, before the mind conceptualizes something and names it. As far as "clones of Satan" go,...that could make a good sci-fi series ;)

Gen 3:4 But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die.
Gen 3:5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

The above could be translated in so many ways, but note that the 'wisdom' of the serpent was even acknowledge by 'God' in the pasage,...since he affirmed that the human pair did receive 'knowledge' to discern good from evil, so the serpent at least told a half-truth, but it could also be interpreted that the 'serpent' represents wisdom, and that yhwh-elohim was trying to keep man from his divine inheritance or potential as gods-in-embryo. A few gnostic schools played with that scenario, and sought the true 'gnosis' which alone enlightens, while yhwh the demiurge sought to enslave man and keep him "in the dark", preventing him from unleashing his true potential. Such is one view among others.

You led Zeke away by the same lie.

False. Zeke thank 'God' has a mind of his own, and has chosen to use it. He follows the inner guidance of his own God-presence as he feels the Spirit lead, he is responsible for his own path and loyalty to reality.

pj

Lon

yhwh-elohim was trying to keep man from his divine inheritance or potential as gods-in-embryo.

pj
That is the lie (and blaspheme), ALL lie:

Genesis 3:4 But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die.
Genesis 3:5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
All a lie.

I see 'God' as Universal. 'God' being Spirit, Energy, Consciousness, Deity, Soul,...(call 'God' what you will). 'God' can be personalized or non-personal
No, that is just creating a god in your own image. "Knowing good and evil" was NOT like God. It was literally becoming 'like Satan' who was, in fact, his own god in his own eyes, just like you.

My theology is not bound by your concept of 'carnal man'
Yeah, it and you are. Sorry to disappoint you. You are EXACTLY that.
Satan too, was/is deluded. God is exclusive. You are expressing his expressions and delusions.
You... could learn from great Advaita teachers such as Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatte Maharaj, Mooji, etc. about coming to be aware of awareness itself, which is the essence of our true nature, before the mind conceptualizes something and names it.
:nono: Accepting myself as myself, is me still in my sins, even if my mind is trying to fly away and be free while doing/being it. I often used to wonder how Satan could be so blind as to try and usurp God. ▲This is exactly it▲ Not that carnality is exclusive to Buddhism, Hinduism et al nor that all of them fall prey to that lie.

A few gnostic schools played with that scenario, and sought the true 'gnosis' which alone enlightens, while yhwh the demiurge sought to enslave man and keep him "in the dark", preventing him from unleashing his true potential. Such is one view among others.
Blaspheme and the same lie told Eve. You will NOT become like God, but become like Satan, his own little god. He doesn't want satan worshippers. He wants you to be your own god. With you, he is winning.

False. Zeke thank 'God' has a mind of his own, and has chosen to use it. He follows the inner guidance of his own God-presence as he feels the Spirit lead, he is responsible for his own path and loyalty to reality.

pj
No, your TOL communications are designed for exactly this. You would say the same thing about Eve, that she had her own mind.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
That is the lie, ALL lie:

All a lie.

I don't think so. Life is what it is. This 'Is-ness' is 'God',...the very source of Being itself :) - now all else is just a religious playground of terms, myths, concepts, beliefs, assumptions, etc. Prove otherwise. I am that I am. This is not a lie,...my own being is its own evidence, and nothing exists apart from the 'light of consciousness' in which I experience the world....in this 'awareness'.
Now appearances that arise in consciousness may be more or less 'unreal' or 'illusory' in that they are just a play of light upon your eyes, a collage of moving images,...simulations of light.

pj

Lon

I don't think so.

I know you don't...
Life is what it is. This 'Is-ness' is 'God'
Well, you are better than my father. He thought the same too, but that allowed him to accept whatever he desired as 'good for him.' It allowed my aunt's Buddhist boyfriend to abuse his daughter. We are self-interested in our natural state. We don't need higher echelons of the same, we need transformation.
...the very source of Being itself :)
You treat sin lightly, as if you believed you were nothing but an evolutionary animal. You are trying to 'spiritualize' what is contrary to our nature. I knew at 7, that sin was sin and not what I really wanted.
- now all else is just a religious playground of terms, myths, concepts, beliefs, assumptions, etc. Prove otherwise. I am that I am. This is not a lie,...my own being is its own evidence, and nothing exists apart from the 'light of consciousness' in which I experience the world....in this 'awareness'.
It is exactly Satan's delusion. He was his own 'god' as well. Further, his message and your message, is from this exact delusion/lie.

Now appearances that arise in consciousness may be more or less 'unreal' or 'illusory' in that they are just a play of light upon your eyes, a collage of moving images,...simulations of light.
That is the way of deception, it deceives, and even more effective if you are adequately deceived to sell it, with or without conscience.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
are you happy to be back?

ubetcha

did you miss tol?

not really

did you miss fox news

not at all

what did you do?

enjoyed my family and nature at its best

spring time?

ubetcha