TOL - In The Beginning (pt. 1)

ShaunPhilly

I must agree with the agnostic above that something about the story is off.

I doubt it happened as recalled. I won't go as far as to say it didn't happen at all, but that perhaps it was exaggerated. Our memory is a funny thing, and 10 years is a good deal of time.

I'm not a liberal, PC-loving, self-hating white man by any means, but this is a caricature at worst, and a description of a pathetic individual at best. In either case, it is a straw-man argument.

So, is it that this caricature is how the left is viewed here? I agree that some people on the left are silly and worthy of a laugh or two. But people of every political, religious, etc persuasion are often completely bonkers.

If this is the tone of this website, no wonder I've not posted here, and will probably not start.

Shaun

QueenAtHome

I am certain that I have met "Stacy's" brother/sister:eek:. (and I have never had to work in the office/corparate world).

Funny how much that smilie looks like him/her. :chuckle:

Real Sorceror

Knight said:
The class was titled “Cultural Diversity in the Vocation Spot” (it had originally been titled “Cultural Diversity in the Work Force” but someone complained the word “Work” denigrated the unemployed, and that “Force” was a violent word, usually associated with overbearing male figures who enjoy beating women. They tried replacing the word “Force” with “Place” but a complaint was lodged stating that “Place” was just another word for “House”, as in “dude, come on over to my place”, and as such was highly offensive to those who are residentially challenged in our society. And so the word “Spot” was finally, and after much debate, adopted).
While the whole story was a masterpiece, I especially liked this paragraph, as it made me want actually find this person, wipe gum in thier hair, and shove them in a locker.

Real Sorceror

ShaunPhilly said:

I doubt it happened as recalled. I won't go as far as to say it didn't happen at all, but that perhaps it was exaggerated. Our memory is a funny thing, and 10 years is a good deal of time.

I'm not a liberal, PC-loving, self-hating white man by any means, but this is a caricature at worst, and a description of a pathetic individual at best. In either case, it is a straw-man argument.

So, is it that this caricature is how the left is viewed here? I agree that some people on the left are silly and worthy of a laugh or two. But people of every political, religious, etc persuasion are often completely bonkers.

If this is the tone of this website, no wonder I've not posted here, and will probably not start.

Shaun
That, or it was just a funny story. :plain:

Mr. 5020

ShaunPhilly said:

Shaun
Too late! You have already started, and can never turn back!! :chuckle:

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
Polly;
:jawdrop:
Fantastic response, exactly how I felt after reading it. I laughed out loud when I saw your reaction.

I think I met someone like Stacy at Safeway once...brrrrrrr...scary (and sick) :vomit:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So when do we get to hear part 2?

Or maybe it's better if we don't. I had nightmares last night after reading this.

The first one was when I dreamed that Stacy was one of those models on the Price is Right who wave their hands around the merchandise as it's being described. She was displaying the items up for bid with her hairy man hands and those long icky stick on nails.

Once she came down in the middle of all the contestants to model a diamond ring. And on the showcase showdown, she came out on a boat in a bikini. :vomit:

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to turn the channel but every channel was TPIR with Stacy. It was like the Twilight Zone or something. :shocked:

steve5

If this is not highly exaggerate, perhaps you can tell me how you came to know the weight, height and dental status of the speaker but I suppose as handling special data you were privy to such information? Of course exaggeration makes a better story, I grant you so perhaps the stiletto heels, stockings, single breast, interesting to think a doctor would perform such a surgery, perchance the AMA should be informed of this, but perhaps these are exaggerations as well. What this had to do with TOL I can not make out but it was apparently a better idea to you than to take the issue of the totally inappropriate behavior of the person to management so something could be done about it. As to the thought that the length of the exhaust system could have contributed to some engine problem, how does this work precisely, is exhaust length not a more or less standardized length? The good news is that a transsexual bully was the inspiration for a Christian Internet site. God does in deed work in mysterious ways? Perhaps God sent him/her to you.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
As absolutely hilarious as the story is, some of the responses trying to "debunk" it are almost as good. :chuckle:

.Ant

Most of us have met someone like that, although she was a particularly extreme example. There's nothing that sickens quite like a self-righteous bigot decrying self-righteous bigotry.

Thanks for your honesty Knight but I don't think insulting her in return was either useful or godly.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
.Ant said:
Most of us have met someone like that, although she was a particularly extreme example. There's nothing that sickens quite like a self-righteous bigot decrying self-righteous bigotry.

Thanks for your honesty Knight but I don't think insulting her in return was either useful or godly.
WOW!!! .Ant, talk about a blast from the past!

Brother

I don't care if the story was true or false. The way in which is was written was excellent. I stayed hooked all the way to the end. I couldn't stop reading it. I like your style Knight. Oh yeah, I'd like to suggest a "Drawing Contest". Those interested could submit their drawings of the "IT" to you. You could be the judge. The closest to what you described wins the prize.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
ShaunPhilly said:
Oooooooooooo. I don't like this story. It portrays a psychopathic freak as a -- psychopathic freak. By the way, I've decided that agnostics should be referred to as agnastycs.
Maybe the details were a bit fuzzy, disproportionate to what actually happened, or, just maybe, didn't happen at all. I mean, it happened 10 years ago. :shocked: (I'm surprised the word "senile" didn't appear somewhere.)
:darwinsm: You are a liberal PC-loving self-hating white man who doesn't like stories which make societally-challenged wackos look bad. :down: (Read your liberal logik book again. There was no argument advanced, strawman or otherwise.)
So, is it that this caricature is how the left is viewed here?
:idunno: Personally, that is how I view the left even when I am not here.
I agree that some people on the left are silly and worthy of a laugh or two. But people of every political, religious, etc persuasion are often completely bonkers.
Well, gee! Everybody does it, so it must be "normal." :thumb:

Shaun
Alrighty then!! The big slam-dunker! I am not going to post here because I am offended.

Great work, Knight! Congrats on 10 years of website glory! :first:

Aimiel

Congratulations, Knight, for making this website what it is, the website where Christians don't have to pull their punches. :thumb:

PhareignsCavern

They encourage us to take notes during our corporate classes at Cingular Wireless. How embarrasing, I can't believe you stood up to her. I would of just said, "Yes mam. Thank you for enlightening me." I don't work with people like that, but I do take calls from people like that all day.

.Ant

Knight said:
WOW!!! .Ant, talk about a blast from the past!
Heh, yeah, I guess you're one of the few who remember me... every now and then I follow the link from the TOL email... I sometimes think of coming back, I had fun, but then it gets negative so easily, and that's not fun... I think as long as people can stay cool, refrain from personal comments and insults, and respect other's views, it's great, but most people don't seem able to do that :/

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:noway: Now that I know of his struggles........I truly believe that Knight was banned for me. :bow: