Today, I am grateful for.....

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank God everyone's OK. :thumb:

:thumb: Yes!

Houston's Treemont Retirement Center is a facility with 250 independent resident's and 100 assisted living and hospice resident's. The retirement building is one that was affected by the fire and confined to only the 'A' Building.

A quick thinking resident called 911 when smelling smoke, as the fire department was on the way, Treemont staff went into organized action getting everyone out of the entire retirement group of the 5 connected buildings. The fire was knocked down, the fire department stayed late into the night to be sure the fire was out.

Those who could return to their apartments did, those who are displaced were placed in another Treemont apartment, or family members took them home, while damage is assessed and what needs to be done to rebuild and repair the damaged building and apartments.

We'll be there for a while today to see what we can do help the displaced and encourage and comfort the distraught, then on to the healthcare building for our time of visitation.

Aimiel

Houston's Treemont Retirement Center is a facility with 250 independent resident's and 100 assisted living and hospice resident's. The retirement building is one that was affected by the fire and confined to only the 'A' Building.

A quick thinking resident called 911 when smelling smoke, as the fire department was on the way, Treemont staff went into organized action getting everyone out of the entire retirement group of the 5 connected buildings. The fire was knocked down, the fire department stayed late into the night to be sure the fire was out.

Those who could return to their apartments did, those who are displaced were placed in another Treemont apartment, or family members took them home, while damage is assessed and what needs to be done to rebuild and repair the damaged building and apartments.

We'll be there for a while today to see what we can do help the displaced and encourage and comfort the distraught, then on to the healthcare building for our time of visitation.
That is truly good news. Thank God that one smelled the smoke when they did. Probably saved many lives. Good to hear such good news. We'll pray that everyone gets back to their lives without fear or other problems due to the ruckus. Keep on keepin' on Psalmist! :thumb:

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....That damage to the retirement/nursing home was confined to one building.

.....The easy transitioning of the resident's to other apartments.

.....The Lord's keeping all safe in this retirement/nursing home fire ordeal.​

Aimiel

This is something we can ALL rejoice with you in. I know the safety, healthcare and security of my dad when he was in assisted living and finally nursing care was a worry for me, the whole time. Thank God for places which are run responsibly, and treat their residents with respect and pay careful attention to their well-being. I believe many or even most of them do. We thank God with you, Psalmist.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....The opportunity to give a helping hand to the retirement resident's.

.....Those who helped the retirement resident's secure their basic needs.

.....All the retirement resident's who were displaced are now other apartments.​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....Those who help others freely.

.....The old hymn, "Blessed Assurance."

.....Hebrews 4:16.​

Aimiel

Spring, which means being able to drive to work without gloves, and that summer is just around the corner. :thumb:

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Spring, which means being able to drive to work without gloves, and that summer is just around the corner. :thumb:
:wave2: I agree :thumb: Aimiel, thanks for the reminder​

.....Spring, the ending of winter and the cold.

.....All the wonders of springtime that are fresh and new.

.....A revival and renewal for our "Blessed Hope.".​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....This day, and the joy of the Lord.

.....Knowing that we can serve the Lord with gladness.

.....Lifting up our voice in song and praise to the Lord.​

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My Hamilton Beach rotisserie/convection oven. Best eighty some odd dollars I've ever spent. Cooked a large pizza from start to finish in fourteen minutes at about four hundred degrees on convection and the thing came out evenly cooked, top and bottom...perfect. And this afternoon I reheated it at about half that temperature in around six minutes and it tasted about as good as the first go. :chew:

Ah, the simple pleasures. :D

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My Hamilton Beach rotisserie/convection oven. Best eighty some odd dollars I've ever spent. Cooked a large pizza from start to finish in fourteen minutes at about four hundred degrees on convection and the thing came out evenly cooked, top and bottom...perfect. And this afternoon I reheated it at about half that temperature in around six minutes and it tasted about as good as the first go. :chew:

Ah, the simple pleasures. :D
:thumb:

.....Our visitations with simple conversations at the nursing home.

.....A second helping of Mrs Psalmist marvelously fantabulous potato salad.

.....A really good peach flavored green tea on ice.

.....Mondays, our quiet regrouping day.​

Last edited:

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....Life long friends.

.....Simple things that make life richer and sweeter.

.....The instruction manual for when life gets complicated.​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....The time we spend with our grandchildren.

.....For laughter, and when we can laugh at ourselves.

.....The E-Z Tag for Texas toll roads, our daughter got it for us.​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....Patience and understanding.

.....Kindness and friendships.

.....When things temporarily turn off, there's no panic, I can move on.​