Today, I am grateful for.....

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, a Navy man. I knew there was something more than your faith that I admired about you. Greetings from a fellow-squid. :wave2:

I'm most thankful for my wife and children today, and for their health... they've gotten through their illness this week, and everyone is healthy!!!

...and for your thread which reminds me every day to think of the things I'm thankful for. =)

Yes! A salute to you as well! I did my Navy time at NAS North Island, San Diego, California. I was in the commissary division, PO3 Commissary.

My mom's younger brother retired from the Navy at W-4, ordinance division.

Aimiel

I did my recruit training at Recruit Training Command, Naval Training Center, San Diego, CA. My cousin's signature was on everyone's checks (stamped). She was the commander of the disbursement office in the US Marine base next to our base, which handled payroll for both bases. She later moved to the Pentagon and when she retired was the highest-ranking woman in the Marine Corps (full Colonel). Barry Manilow performed at her retirement party.

I had several uncles and cousins who were Navy. My cousin was on board the USS Forrestal when they had a devastating accident, off the coast of Vietnam. They had a missile accidentally fire across the flight deck, which set off a number of bombs and explosions, and were lucky to save the ship, which had to limp back home for repairs. He was in the showers when the lights went out.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did my recruit training at Recruit Training Command, Naval Training Center, San Diego, CA. My cousin's signature was on everyone's checks (stamped). She was the commander of the disbursement office in the US Marine base next to our base, which handled payroll for both bases. She later moved to the Pentagon and when she retired was the highest-ranking woman in the Marine Corps (full Colonel). Barry Manilow performed at her retirement party.

I had several uncles and cousins who were Navy. My cousin was on board the USS Forrestal when they had a devastating accident, off the coast of Vietnam. They had a missile accidentally fire across the flight deck, which set off a number of bombs and explosions, and were lucky to save the ship, which had to limp back home for repairs. He was in the showers when the lights went out.

I remember some of the aircraft carriers that docked at North Island, and the old sub-tender Sperry that was anchored in San Diego Bay. All of my time was spent stationed at North Island.

While at North Island I was approached by NAVPERS to see if I would like to transfer to the CB's, silly me, I said no that I was fine being in the commissary division. Now that I look back I should have made the transfer. O well, water under the bridge will not flow in the reverse.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....TOL.

.....TOL friends and combatants.

.....TOL webmaster and mods.​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....Things I do not understand, but the Jesus does.

.....Though being a pilgrim and sojourner, Jesus knows my path.

.....The one who knows me best, Jesus!​

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am grateful:

For those who struggle openly toward God with disregard for the condescension and derision of others.

For kind words and good counsel.

That in want He has provided an abundance of joy.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I took the path through the woods on this warm afternoon, after so many cold days. I climbed the hill, sat down on my rock and thanked GOD that I can walk, that I can breathe, that I can see, that I can hear.
I've always been an introvert and before I met the LORD Jesus, one couldn't get many words out of me. After the LORD saved me, I asked Him to enable me to teach His Word with boldness and clarity, that by the power of His Holy Spirit others could come to the knowledge of His salvation and peace. That was over thirty years ago. Tonight, the LORD allowed me again to address two separate groups of prison inmates, who voluntarily came to hear and discuss GOD's Word.
I thank you LORD Jesus for your provision.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am grateful:

For those who struggle openly toward God with disregard for the condescension and derision of others.

For kind words and good counsel.

That in want He has provided an abundance of joy.

That is grateful.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....The respite from the daily duties.

.....Being able to regroup, and refresh.

.....The kindness of those who made it possible for the next several days.​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....A fresh start for the daily duties.

.....A refreshing that the Jesus and the Comforter brought to us.

.....The past week that came through kindness of those that made it possible.​

graceandpeace

Today I am grateful for God's mercy, that endures forever and is new every morning. His love and His grace, and His complete wisdom that is being put in my heart/mind one day at a time, as we grow thereby.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....Rejoicing in the Lord's everlasting love.

.....The Lord's abiding presence.

.....Strength for the day, ability to serve, and grace that is sufficient.​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....Jesus calming presence for those who are fretful.

.....The Lord's sweet assurance to the dismayed and downcast.

.....The love of Jesus, which is far greater than can be explain.​