To Israel and My Fellow Jews around the world from Jacob: What year is it?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Rishon, First. It is Yom, Day. It is Aviv 9.

Do you know, can you tell me, what year it is from the Jewish Calendar?

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

I asked a question. Now you want me to provide the answer. I do not know what year it is. That may be because observing Torah and a Torah based Calendar and or the first month being (the month of) Aviv according to Torah does not necessitate knowing or having knowledge of what year it is. If you want me to provide you with information from the Torah that helps you to answer any question about what I have said or what I am asking all you have to do is ask. Otherwise, I report what I know as I know it.

Shalom.

Jacob

That is not true: go back and read my first post. I answered your question and plainly stated that it is anyone's guess. You said nothing about what year it is on the Jewish Calendar or any other calendar: you only asked what year it is. I did not ask you to answer your own question when it came to that question. Please get your facts straight, and be careful you do not bear false witness in your anger, especially since you claim to observe the Torah.

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, First. It is Yom, Day. It is Aviv 9.

Do you know, can you tell me, what year it is from the Jewish Calendar?

Shalom.

Jacob

See, that is not the same question you asked in your thread title and your opening post: now you are asking about what year it is from the Jewish Calendar.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is not true: go back and read my first post. I answered your question and plainly stated that it is anyone's guess. You said nothing about what year it is on the Jewish Calendar or any other calendar: you only asked what year it is. I did not ask you to answer your own question when it came to that question. Please get your facts straight, and be careful you do not bear false witness in your anger, especially since you claim to observe the Torah.

See, that is not the same question you asked in your thread title and your opening post: now you are asking about what year it is from the Jewish Calendar.

Correct. Because if the month is Aviv, what year is it. That is the question I have asked.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Rishon. I believe that it is Aviv 16. There was a full moon on (the night of) Shabbat when we celebrated Passover beginning the first day of the feast of unleavened bread. I see what looks like a full moon tonight.

I have in the past known a full moon to be both on the 14th of a month and the 15th. I have yet to have Passover in my own home, I do not have a home, and I have asked but not learned about why people have two seders. The calendar that I have shows a 30th day for this month as Rosh Chodesh. I did not see the new moon this month. I did know when Rosh Chodesh would be by a calendar, and once night came I knew something about or pertaining to Rosh Chodesh. I had communicated something about Rosh Chodesh being on Shabbat before this. This month there was a quarter moon and something more than that which number of days was not definitive to me, but I trusted that from the Rosh Chodesh Shabbat to Passover or the 15th rather (Shabbat) would work out. I have seen the moon in different places where I live and where I have been recently. I grew up with the understanding that the moon travels roughly in a straight line. I understand that the earth rotates and that it revolves or moves around the sun.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The full moon was observed by me on the way to where I live after the seder / passover on Shabbat here in Tacoma

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, Ziv 2.

The second month Ziv I Kings 6:1 and 6:37
1 And it was in the four hundred and eightieth year after the departure of the children of Israel from Egypt, in the fourth year, in the month Ziv, which (is) the second month of Solomon's reign over Israel, that he did (begin to) build the house of the Lord.
א וַיְהִ֣י בִשְׁמוֹנִ֣ים שָׁנָ֣ה וְאַרְבַּ֣ע מֵא֣וֹת שָׁנָ֡ה לְצֵ֣את בְּנֵֽי־יִשְׂרָאֵ֣ל מֵאֶֽרֶץ־מִצְרַיִם֩ בַּשָּׁנָ֨ה הָרְבִיעִ֜ית בְּחֹ֣דֶשׁ זִ֗ו הוּא הַחֹ֣דֶשׁ הַשֵּׁנִ֔י לִמְלֹ֥ךְ
:שְׁלֹמֹ֖ה עַל־יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל וַיִּ֥בֶן הַבַּ֖יִת לַיהֹוָֽה
37 In the fourth year was the foundation of the house of the Lord laid, in the month of Ziv. לז בַּשָּׁנָה֙ הָֽרְבִיעִ֔ית יֻסַּ֖ד בֵּ֣ית יְהֹוָ֑ה
:בְּיֶ֖רַח זִֽו

It is evening, erev. It is night, laylah.

Last edited: