ECT .....To create in Himself one new man from the two.....(For anti Acts 2 people)

glorydaz

Just setting the record straight.

Donah said:
And now GD, ignoring both those facts, jumps in.

Ah, the Almost Acts 28 Click Gang :rotfl:

And, I don't know where you get the idea that I'm part of any Acts 28 gang.

Never said anything about an Acts 28 gang; read more carefully.

Lol, just after his comment to me, he then agreed with you on something you posted.

I wasn't encouraging you with an 'amen'.
You quoted a scripture and I said 'amen' to the Scripture.
I wasn't saying 'amen' to your interpretation of it.

Just setting the record straight.

glorydaz

This is how you see GT? The same woman that posts on here like Squeaky does.....verse after verse with no understanding? Whoa. :jawdrop:

Come on woman

Again, you appear well aware of the passages - better than most I have ever seen and or met.

But you need to rightly divide them as to what goes where.

Bible Gateway is amazing. :chuckle:

As I noted previously, GT, you appear familiar with the various passages.

But one...

2 Tim. 2:15.

You just throw all together without any regard for the impact on them of setting, scope, and context.

Thus your "Oh how I love God's Word."

It's one big tossed salad to you; no distinctions between things that differ.

It is obvious too, that you have sat under a lot of "Bible teaching;" thus, your familiarity with all the passages.

Teaching absent of the distinction between Acts 3: 21's "spoken since" and Rom. 16: 25's "kept secret since."

Yours is the same mistake of all on here who know the passages, but know them as "one size fits all."

Obviously, you have gone too far, and to deep down your path to see anything but what you long since have learned to.

There is no correcting you; you are too far gone.

It is what it is.

"As much, if not more LIGHT"? Seriously? I find this an incredible statement, Danoh. Seems you can't quite agree with yourself.

at times you have as much, if not more light than we do, on a thing.

God's Truth

This is how you see GT? The same woman that posts on here like Squeaky does.....verse after verse with no understanding? Whoa. :jawdrop:

Bible Gateway is amazing. :chuckle:

"As much, if not more LIGHT"? Seriously? I find this an incredible statement, Danoh. Seems you can't quite agree with yourself.

I think Danoh, when agreeing with me and seeing the truth in what I say shows he is on to something meaningful and true.

Danoh

Glorydaz,

The basis of prior rapport with anyone during those moments when said rapport appears in question is to attempt to find, a means back to what we have appreciated about them.

Asking if what we are concluding about their words or their actions in the present, matches their past dealings with us; that we came to appreciate them for.

Asking if we are being unfair, or if it really is the case that their present words and or behaviors does not match their past ones.

Sister, all issues resulting out of words often boil down to words somehow having been mis-read... often boil down to a word left out of our consideration that was there all along.

Thus my comment to you that "I never said anything about" this or that; "read more carefully."

My hope having been that you might go back and reread my words and not leave out the one word or two you had left out when you arrived at your conclusion about what I meant.

Compare exactly what I said to what you concluded, and you'll find you left key words out in between those two.

I leave you to that. Do what you will with it. I know I have been there for you, and still am.

That is all one can do for strangers; be concerned for them. All else is up for grabs.

In this, feel free to mis-read my words all you need to. I know their intent and that is good enough for me.

Danoh

I think Danoh, when agreeing with me and seeing the truth in what I say shows he is on to something meaningful and true.

A stopped clock is right twice a day - by accident.

Acknowledging it is right during those two moments is not giving it any more credit than that.

That is all I have done once more, GT.

For I firmly believe that anyone obviously familiar with that many passages proves nothing other than that they have invested a great deal of time in Scripture.

Nothing more. I know I have been consistent in this point.

In this, I continue to view your being right every so often as nothing more than the twice right - by accident - that is the stopped clock of yours and anyone else's continued blindness, willful or otherwise, to the distinction between Acts 3:21's "spoken" and Romans 16:25's "kept secret."

A distinction even some within MAD have ended up confusing as some sort of a part two of a prophesied part one.

Thus, I am not surprised in the least GT, that you and yours would continue to not even see it all.

Ironic, said stopped clock, in this - a stopped clock that somehow appears to keep on ticking...

glorydaz

Glorydaz,

The basis of prior rapport with anyone during those moments when said rapport appears in question is to attempt to find, a means back to what we have appreciated about them.

Asking if what we are concluding about their words or their actions in the present, matches their past dealings with us; that we came to appreciate them for.

Asking if we are being unfair, or if it really is the case that their present words and or behaviors does not match their past ones.

Sister, all issues resulting out of words often boil down to words somehow having been mis-read... often boil down to a word left out of our consideration that was there all along.

Thus my comment to you that "I never said anything about" this or that; "read more carefully."

My hope having been that you might go back and reread my words and not leave out the one word or two you had left out when you arrived at your conclusion about what I meant.

Compare exactly what I said to what you concluded, and you'll find you left key words out in between those two.

I leave you to that. Do what you will with it. I know I have been there for you, and still am.

That is all one can do for strangers; be concerned for them. All else is up for grabs.

In this, feel free to mis-read my words all you need to. I know their intent and that is good enough for me.

Danoh, I have no doubt you have a good heart. I have appreciated so many of your posts and I always take time to read what you say. I did read your words again, and I still hear them the same. Sometimes you just aren't that clear to me. So, I will be as honest as I can.....there are two issues that bother me.

The first concerns God's untruth. When you first started posting to her (that I saw) was when you hoped to get through her hard head, and seemed to be suggesting none of the rest of us had ever made the effort. On the contrary, most of us have made the effort...over and over again (supported by scripture)...better verses that were applicable - unlike the ones she uses, which she always twists. I think you were dead wrong when you said she has more light and knowledge of scripture....or whatever exact words you used. You can see for yourself how she took your "support". Now she will take your "support" and wear it like a crown atop her pride filled head. Which is why Steko said thanks a lot. Your tossing off his words and mine as if it was some "gang" reaction was uncalled for. Whether you meant them or not.....they weren't well thought out.

The other issue. You remember how you felt when Jerry kept being rude to us? You wanted to stand up to him. Well, that's the same way I felt when you kept making comments about Heir. Saying things like something "going over her head" and such. It seemed like every time I read your posts it was some kind of behind the back dig at her or STP about their beliefs where they differed from yours. It wouldn't have bothered me if you would have just come right out and said what you thought, but when you chuckle and tell someone they can't take a joke it irks me to no end. As I said, PJ does the same thing, and took it to such lengths I had to put him on ignore. I certainly don't want to put you on ignore, because you are not normally like that. It's just this stuff about the mid acts deal. I would really like to hear both sides....all sides without having to stay away because of these discensions. You were one of the first to say we needed to avoid such things, so I'm hoping we can just put this behind us and not keep making "jokes" that can be so easily taken contrary to what might be intended.

Bless you, brother. I see no reason we can't be friends. I have many here on TOL....probably my closest friends in many ways. :)

Danoh

Danoh, I have no doubt you have a good heart. I have appreciated so many of your posts and I always take time to read what you say. I did read your words again, and I still hear them the same. Sometimes you just aren't that clear to me. So, I will be as honest as I can.....there are two issues that bother me.

The first concerns God's untruth. When you first started posting to her (that I saw) was when you hoped to get through her hard head, and seemed to be suggesting none of the rest of us had ever made the effort. On the contrary, most of us have made the effort...over and over again (supported by scripture)...better verses that were applicable - unlike the ones she uses, which she always twists. I think you were dead wrong when you said she has more light and knowledge of scripture....or whatever exact words you used. You can see for yourself how she took your "support". Now she will take your "support" and wear it like a crown atop her pride filled head. Which is why Steko said thanks a lot. Your tossing off his words and mine as if it was some "gang" reaction was uncalled for. Whether you meant them or not.....they weren't well thought out.

The other issue. You remember how you felt when Jerry kept being rude to us? You wanted to stand up to him. Well, that's the same way I felt when you kept making comments about Heir. Saying things like something "going over her head" and such. It seemed like every time I read your posts it was some kind of behind the back dig at her or STP about their beliefs where they differed from yours. It wouldn't have bothered me if you would have just come right out and said what you thought, but when you chuckle and tell someone they can't take a joke it irks me to no end. As I said, PJ does the same thing, and took it to such lengths I had to put him on ignore. I certainly don't want to put you on ignore, because you are not normally like that. It's just this stuff about the mid acts deal. I would really like to hear both sides....all sides without having to stay away because of these discensions. You were one of the first to say we needed to avoid such things, so I'm hoping we can just put this behind us and not keep making "jokes" that can be so easily taken contrary to what might be intended.

Bless you, brother. I see no reason we can't be friends. I have many here on TOL....probably my closest friends in many ways. :)

:) I know you would bring up that comment I made to heir, lol. I was actually gong to comment on that but thought 'GD will bring that up in her next post; I'll comment on it then...'

STP and I have ribbed each other about our differences in understanding. Just as he has stated his belief with my own that he and I focus on the major where we differ on the minors.

I know we each believe the other is off in his understanding of some things, but have not allowed that to be an issue between us.

We both used to point this out to Jerry, may he be well, these days his health is trying him.

And at times, STP simply ignores my posts, just as I at times ignore his.

We each appear fine with that.

Such has not been the case with heir.

Its fine that she just comes out and says I am in error.

Personally, I have no problem with that for the same reason I have just shared I do not have one with STP where we differ.

Because her saying I am in error simply does not bother me: I know I am not wrong in my understandings. So I rib her about hers.

Thing is, heir is direct, but then takes great issue when I rib her about being off :chuckle:

Personally I have more respect for her, you, Tam, for example, then I do for some of the males on here who never really say much beyond heir is right, STP, good post, and the rest is the bashing of others.

Males who never lay out any passages about anything.

Fact of the matter is that I hold that in the absence of such males, if there is a female willing to step up to this plate Paul said is the males responsibility, better a female in said male's absence and or loud noise.

Acts 19:

26. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

Better heir, you, Tam, et al, than such males weak in their ability to put up the passage references they supposedly assert what they assert from.

In this, the likes of GT and others like her, puts them to shame.

Doesn't make her sound any more than a JW able to wield their NWT better than most Christians makes said JW sound.

At times, GT does show better light on a thing than others do.

That will always be the case with anyone who invests time in things which others do not.

A Rabbi once shared some things with me from Ezekiel that shed some light on John's Revelation.

Because a Rabbi worth his salt will know his OT.

Years ago, it was a JW who's mistaken assertions nevertheless accidently helped me begin to see that God is not through with Israel.

JW's in their confusion that they have replaced Israel as "Jehovah's Witnesses" will at times be more familiar with passages showing that God is not through with Israel because they think those passages are about them (about JW's).

As a result, they will at times be found much more familiar with said passages than the typical, books fed, parrot the leader, Dispensationalist.

Joyce Meyer is a walking Bible - doesn't make her sound in every point - not by any stretch of the imagination!

At the same time, she is more likely to make a very sound point as a result of all that Bible, than the average spoon fed "Bible" believer will.

Walk in a land mine, you are bound to set some off - by accident - just because you were out there.

Just as a stopped clock is nevertheless right twice a day - by accident. Why?

More importantly, the more astute student will not only see that, but grab a hold of it as to what is actually possible were time in the Word coupled with the right distinctions.

What am I hiding, GD, that I rib instead of get all in your face?

Ask GM if I did not get in his face when he continued to act the bigot no matter how I worded things.

I am stilling dealing with you about all this GD, because I believe you are just upset about some of my words by how you took them.

Unlike, GM, I do not see you have concluded against me from his outright bigotry.

Should you ever, I'll put the :chuckle: and :) away and it will all be "here, have a little cold :spam: from there on out, lol

As for heir, if anything she reminds me of a neighbor from my childhood - a tomboy who would put her dukes up at the drop of a hat, lol.

Doesn't offend me in the least - she too much reminds me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4YJ68XXlWc

glorydaz

:) I know you would bring up that comment I made to heir, lol. I was actually gong to comment on that but thought 'GD will bring that up in her next post; I'll comment on it then...'

STP and I have ribbed each other about our differences in understanding. Just as he has stated his belief with my own that he and I focus on the major where we differ on the minors.

I know we each believe the other is off in his understanding of some things, but have not allowed that to be an issue between us.

We both used to point this out to Jerry, may he be well, these days his health is trying him.

Personally, I have no problem with that for the same reason I have just shared I do not have one with STP where we differ.

Because her saying I am in error simply does not bother me: I know I am not wrong in my understandings. So I rib her about hers.

Thing is, heir is direct, but then takes great issue when I rib her about being off :chuckle:

Personally I have more respect for her, you, Tam, for example, then I do for some of the males on here who never really say much beyond heir is right, STP, good post, and the rest is the bashing of others.

Fact of the matter is that I hold that in the absence of such males, if there is a female willing to step up to this plate Paul said is the males responsibility, better a female in said male's absence and or loud noise.

Acts 19:

26. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

Better heir, you, Tam, et al, than such males weak in their ability to put up the passage references they supposedly assert what they assert from.

Doesn't make her sound any more than a JW able to wield their NWT better than most Christians makes said JW sound.

That will always be the case with anyone who invests time in things which others do not.

A Rabbi once shared some things with me from Ezekiel that shed some light on John's Revelation.

Years ago, it was a JW who's mistaken assertions nevertheless accidently helped me begin to see that God is not through with Israel.

JW's in their confusion that they have replaced Israel as "Jehovah's Witnesses" will at times be more familiar with passages showing that God is not through with Israel because they think those passages are about them (about JW's).

As a result, they will at times be found much more familiar with said passages than the typical, books fed, parrot the leader, Dispensationalist.

Joyce Meyer is a walking Bible - doesn't make her sound in every point - not by any stretch of the imagination!

At the same time, she is more likely to make a very sound point as a result of all that Bible, than the average spoon fed "Bible" believer will.

Walk in a land mine, you are bound to set some off - by accident - just because you were out there.

More importantly, the more astute student will not only see that, but grab a hold of it as to what is actually possible were time in the Word coupled with the right distinctions.

Ask GM if I did not get in his face when he continued to act the bigot no matter how I worded things.

I am stilling dealing with you about all this GD, because I believe you are just upset about some of my words by how you took them.

Unlike, GM, I do not see you have concluded against me from his outright bigotry.

Should you ever, I'll put the :chuckle: and :) away and it will all be "here, have a little cold :spam: from there on out, lol

As for heir, if anything she reminds me of a neighbor from my childhood - a tomboy who would put her dukes up at the drop of a hat, lol.

Well, that's a lot of words. I'll put this as clearly as I can.

TOL is not a church. We are all equally free to share what the Lord has been showing us whether there are a hundred men or one.

Heir is not a tomboy. That you perceive her as such only shows your personal bias against women.

GM is not a bigot. That you call him such is rather odd considering what you have just said about women. ;)

How about this.....stop making excuses (which is how I read your words - above) or try to make your points clearer, so that there is no confusion. :)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Well, that's a lot of words. I'll put this as clearly as I can.

TOL is not a church. We are all equally free to share what the Lord has been showing us whether there are a hundred men or one.

Heir is not a tomboy. That you perceive her as such only shows your personal bias against women.

GM is not a bigot. That you call him such is rather odd considering what you have just said about women. ;)

How about this.....stop making excuses (which is how I read your words - above) or try to make your points clearer, so that there is no confusion. :)
He calls what he does "ribbing" to justify his digs in his own mind, but there is nothing "good natured" about what he says to and about me and a few others. He isn't fooling me with his "it's all in good fun" act. I can see that he's not fooling you either. :cheers:

Danoh

...TOL is not a church. We are all equally free to share what the Lord has been showing us whether there are a hundred men or one.

I've said the same thing in the past.

My comment was about weak men, not against strong women as I do not view strong women in the same light that I view the domineering ones - huge, hige difference between the two.

In this, as for a bias against women; not by a longshot.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112079&page=2

Your turn, I'm done with this, it can only result in more of misunderstandings.

Just goes to show... even when both sides (you and I) mean well...

Thanks for your patience, and the best to you all the same :)

heir

TOL Subscriber

Acts 19:

Stop talking about me at all or as you call it "ribbing" me. Where I come from they call it pot shots or digs. They are not meant in kind nor are they taken as such. I am not a door mat for your denigrating remarks. Surely, you can find another means of entertainment that's not at my expense.

glorydaz

I've said the same thing in the past.

My comment was about weak men, not against strong women as I do not view strong women in the same light that I view the domineering ones - huge, hige difference between the two.

In this, as for a bias against women; not by a longshot.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112079&page=2

Your turn, I'm done with this, it can only result in more of misunderstandings.

Just goes to show... even when both sides (you and I) mean well...

Thanks for your patience, and the best to you all the same :)

Yeah, let's just let it go. But, I have to tell you I got a real chuckle out of your link talking about women being physically tough in Judo. That' isn't even close to what I thought we were discussing. I'm beginning to think it's a men are from mars moment. ;)

glorydaz

He calls what he does "ribbing" to justify his digs in his own mind, but there is nothing "good natured" about what he says to and about me and a few others. He isn't fooling me with his "it's all in good fun" act. I can see that he's not fooling you either. :cheers:

Stop talking about me at all or as you call it "ribbing" me. Where I come from they call it pot shots or digs. They are not meant in kind nor are they taken as such. I am not a door mat for your denigrating remarks. Surely, you can find another means of entertainment that's not at my expense.

I think we're alike in this......never been a member of the "good old boys club" and never want to be. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Absolutely I agree, GREAT POST heir !!!!! I will say this, I can explain and back up the scriptures I post and mostly danoh amuses me in spite of his attempted pot shots. they seem weak and ill placed at best. I get more out of heir and STP's posts here than ANYONE else's. I rarely get anything from danoh's posts, that's just my personal opinion, but it's also obvious to all. I fell for GT's's blather briefly myself.

Good post heir !!!!

Danoh

:rotfl: what nonsense, when I have an issue with someone, I let them know directly.

Ask GM, ask Tel, ask Jerry, and now ask yourself for this nonsense of yours about what I supposedly meant by my ribbing.

You win, heir, that is what this is about for your kind.

No, I'm not kidding this time. No need to misread your first impression liability into this one.

Have at it, you and yours may feel the need to ride this nonsense a few more pages, or what have you; only to start up with someone else tomorrow - I'm done with you on this - I've said to you what I needed to in my defense.

You Almost 28er, lol

God's Truth

A stopped clock is right twice a day - by accident.

Acknowledging it is right during those two moments is not giving it any more credit than that.

That is all I have done once more, GT.

For I firmly believe that anyone obviously familiar with that many passages proves nothing other than that they have invested a great deal of time in Scripture.

Nothing more. I know I have been consistent in this point.

In this, I continue to view your being right every so often as nothing more than the twice right - by accident - that is the stopped clock of yours and anyone else's continued blindness, willful or otherwise, to the distinction between Acts 3:21's "spoken" and Romans 16:25's "kept secret."

A distinction even some within MAD have ended up confusing as some sort of a part two of a prophesied part one.

Thus, I am not surprised in the least GT, that you and yours would continue to not even see it all.

Ironic, said stopped clock, in this - a stopped clock that somehow appears to keep on ticking...

What are you going to do when you find out I am right all the time?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:rotfl: what nonsense, when I have an issue with someone, I let them know directly.

Ask GM, ask Tel, ask Jerry, and now ask yourself for this nonsense of yours about what I supposedly meant by my ribbing.

You win, heir, that is what this is about for your kind.

No, I'm not kidding this time. No need to misread your first impression liability into this one.

Have at it, you and yours may feel the need to ride this nonsense a few more pages, or what have you; only to start up with someone else tomorrow - I'm done with you on this - I've said to you what I needed to in my defense.

You Almost 28er, lol

:rotfl:
your kind :chuckle:

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What are you going to do when you find out I am right all the time?

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

"Narcissists have a distorted and inflated sense of self. They have a hard time seeing others points of view or seeing flaws in their own thinking. They often feel that the world owes them something and have the expectation that everyone put them on a pedestal. Individuals with this personality disorder can be exasperating....."- Brooke Fishman, Social Worker

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

"Narcissists have a distorted and inflated sense of self. They have a hard time seeing others points of view or seeing flaws in their own thinking. They often feel that the world owes them something and have the expectation that everyone put them on a pedestal. Individuals with this personality disorder can be exasperating....."- Brooke Fishman, Social Worker

i heard all that, steka

God's Truth

I understand your beliefs and they are still wrong.