Thoughts About Johnny Rebel

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoo22

But of course, Traditio isn't talking about the TV show, he's talking about the Johnny Rebel who wrote songs like:

Warning ignorant racist song:

Spoiler
"Ni**er Hatin' Me!"

I like sugar, and I like tea
But I don't like ni**ers...no siree!
There's two known things that'll make me puke
And that's a hog eatin' slop, and a big, black spook!

You know it...cause I show it
Like a barn-yard rooster I crow it!
And the NAACP
Would sure like to get a-hold of ni**ers-hatin' me!

Roses are red, and violet's are blue
And ni**ers's are black, you know that's true
But they don't mind, cause what the heck!
You gotta be black to get a welfare check!

And I'm broke...no joke
I ain't got a nickel for a coke!
And I ain't black, you see
So Uncle Sam won't help poor ni**ers-hatin' me.

Jig-A-Boo, jig-a-boo...where are you?
I's here in the woodpile...watchin' you
Jig-A-Boo, jig-a-boo...come out!
No! Cause I'm scared of the white man's a-way down South

You know it!...cause I show it.
Stick your black head out and I'll blow it!
And the NAACP
Can't keep you away from little old ni**ers-hatin' me!

Mirror, mirror...on the wall
Who is the blackest of them all?
A man named King, and there ain't no doubt
That he's causin' lots of trouble with his baboon mouth.

Brewin'...he's a doin'
It's caused by the trouble he's a-brewin'
And the NAACP
Can't win if the white men stick with ni**ers-hatin' me!

Hey! Mr. President! What do you say?
When are we whites gonna have our day?
The ni**ers's had there's such a long, long time
I'm white, and it's time that I had mine!

You know it...cause I show it!
Stick your black head out and I'll blow it!
And the NAACP
Can't win if the white man sticks with ni**ers-hatin' me

--

That's the Johnny Rebel that Traditio has a "newfound love" for.

Last edited:

glorydaz

But of course, Traditio isn't talking about the TV show, he's talking about the Johnny Rebel who wrote songs like:

And you're the one who seems to be fascinated by the lyrics. You're the one who keeps posting the lyrics. Trad liked the singing and the tune. I'm thinking you have only one thing in mind. Using that "n" word without getting caught. Kinda like little kids do...for attention.

Back to the OP:

Regardless of what you think about Johnny Rebel's lyrics, his music and singing voice are very good. He's a very good singer.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
[N Word] Hatin' Me!"

That song is great!

Youtube it. The tune, singing, etc. are fantastic.

Plus the delivery of the lyrics are great. It cracks me up! :D

WARNING: Dancing and/or the tapping of the foot may result from listening to the song.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
And you're the one who seems to be fascinated by the lyrics. You're the one who keeps posting the lyrics. Trad liked the singing and the tune. I'm thinking you have only one thing in mind. Using that "n" word without getting caught. Kinda like little kids do...for attention.

I do find it amusing that certain posters here insist on posting the lyrics, which they themselves find offensive, on TOL.

I'm the racist, and yet they are inundating these threads with barely censored versions of the n-word.

Of course, I'm not complaining. ;)

zoo22

Yes, I'm definitely fascinated by the lyrics. I'm fascinated by Traditio's racism. I'm also fascinated by you apologists.

I could care less about "getting caught". I'm posting the lyrics because people here are so unwilling to look at what Traditio's "newfound love" is actually saying, because Traditio is sidestepping the lyrics, and because he's trying to paint his hillbilly racist garbage as acceptable. You know as well as everyone else here that he isn't posting about Johnny Rebel because he "likes the singing and the music"; he's posting about Johnny Rebel because of the lyrics, so don't be so point a finger at me when I actually post what the lyrics say.

If you're defending the little pissant, you ought to have to look at what it is he actually stands for.

He's a full-on racist and white separatist. And you're standing with him.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, I'm definitely fascinated by the lyrics. I'm fascinated by Tradition's racism. I'm also fascinated by you apologists.

I could care less about "getting caught". I'm posting the lyrics because people here are so unwilling to look at what Traditio's "newfound love" is actually saying, because Traditio is sidestepping the lyrics, and he's trying to paint his hillbilly racist garbage as acceptable.

If you're defending the little pissant, you ought to have to look at what it is he actually stands for.

He's a full on racist, and white separatist. And you're standing with him.

You sure love to post those words about a particular minority don't
ya? Do ya think it ought to be allowed from now on? How about
negative slurs against other minorities? Should they be allowed
as well? Do ya think TOL ought to be known as; "Racist Central?"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, I'm definitely fascinated by the lyrics. I'm fascinated by Traditio's racism. I'm also fascinated by you apologists.

I could care less about "getting caught". I'm posting the lyrics because people here are so unwilling to look at what Traditio's "newfound love" is actually saying, because Traditio is sidestepping the lyrics, and he's trying to paint his hillbilly racist garbage as acceptable.

You know as well as everyone else here that Traditio isn't posting it because he "likes the singing and the music"; he's posting it because of the lyrics, so don't be so point a finger at me when I post them.

He's a full-on racist and white separatist. And you're standing with him.

Why do you participate with him by repeating those racist terms,
over and over again? Are you a racist as well? Do you call minorities
by those names?

fzappa13

One man's opinion … I think much of what each culture finds objectionable about the other is a fabrication … a fabrication offered by those that would manipulate us for reasons other than our benefit. TV and other media sell images and lifestyles to those foolish enough to buy into the hype they offer when they are younger only to grow to regret it when age brings it's wisdom. The hype is what we grow not to like.

I watched the TV black stereotype go from the amiable buffoons Amos and Andy to the serious young radicals of the late 60's to the hiphoppin', drug dealing, hood rat with a blonde in one hand and a pit bull in the other. The white stereotype underwent as similar albeit retrograde transformation as well during this time. Ward and June Cleaver gave way to Archie Bunker who gave way to Duck Dynasty. The burgeoning Hispanic culture was left to choose between the two.

If you're a kid watching TV, listening to music and it presents you with a choice of easy drug money, blondes and a killer dog or making duck calls in the bayou guess which one draws the young acolyte. It is not until much later, and likely too late, that such an initiate realizes that Eminem, Tupac Shakur, et al had sold them a bill of goods and that the stereotype they championed was every bit as big a lie as the one the Robertson's were offering.

Unless and until we move past seeing each other as stereotypes (and being stereotypes) we will forever be at odds and that is exactly the purpose of those offering these ever changing and always worsening images of peoples and cultures.

Status
Not open for further replies.