Thoughts About Johnny Rebel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Recently, I've been having a discussion on reparations, and at the beginning of the discussion, Selaphiel accused me of holding positions which could have been drawn straight from the songs of Johnny Rebel.

I don't believe I'd heard of the man before this. So, my interest piqued by Selaphiel's accusations, I decided to do my own research, and I found a man singing songs (very catchy songs, note, with very nice tunes, let me note) which...in effect...at least to some extent, simply echoed things that I'd often heard myself.

Consider, e.g., his song "That's the way a [n-word] goes." It's one of my favorite songs of his. [Unfortunately, he claimed in an interview, he didn't actually write it. Someone else wrote it, and he sang and recorded it.]

But the basic little rhyme isn't original. I'd basically already heard it before.

Johnny Rebel claims that he isn't a racist. He would, of course, never permit his daughter to marry a black person, and he doesn't like black people at all, and especially not their attitudes. Nonetheless, he's not a racist.

None of you, I am sure, will think this anything more than sheer sophistry, a mere confusion of words.

But I basically understand and agree with him in this. The interesting thing about Johnny Rebel is that he himself will tell you: his songs aren't really all that original. He basically just wrote what pretty much everyone else of his time was thinking and talking about, and even though he wrote it in the 60's, it all strikes us as being of modern relevance.

His songs simply tapped into the "spirit of the times" of his day where he lived. And to a large extent, they still do.

What he sings, minus the stuff about the KKK, is still part of the current Southern attitude, at least, to some extent (primarily among white people 40 years of age and older).

Consider the songs "Affirmative action," "federal aid" and "Here comes Jesse."

If you didn't know it was written by a "racist," and if you took out the n-word, you'd assume that it was written by someone on Fox News.

"I'm not a racist," said Johnny Rebel (who, I am proud to say, is from my state!). "It's the attitude I don't like."

And you'll really see this in his song "It's the attitude, stupid."

One of my convictions about the liberals is that their doctrines aren't based on reason. It's all based on brain-washing. "Haven't you died out yet?" "Your kind still exists?" It's a common liberal refrain. Why? Because they don't base themselves on reason; the proliferation of liberal ideology proceeds by means of brain-washing (thus the reason why liberals insist on their version of sex-education, science, etc. in schools).

If you listen to Johnny Rebel's songs, not much has changed from the 60s. The reasons to be a "racist," to yearn for segregation, to oppose being forced into society with blacks...it's still there. If anything, it's worse now. At least blacks in the 60s "knew their place" (except, of course, for all of those rabble-rousers). Nowadays?

Well.

If you've grown up in the South, you understand what I mean. I had to go to public school with them. :nono:

If you grew up in the North, then you don't really have a dog in the fight. Black people don't like cold weather. If you want to have an opinion about racism, then how about we send these southern ghetto blacks your way?

You can deal with them. "Move them...north!"

Federal Aid

zoo22

Oh I had already started a thread about Johnny Rebel and white power music, no point in having two separate discussions about the same thing, so maybe the two threads can be merged.

Johnny Rebel was originally popular with the backwoods racist movements in Louisiana. Now he's regarded as one of the fathers of white power music, and his songs are a staple with white power bands.

Johnny Rebel's album "Klassic Klan Kompositions" is one of the top selling products at "White Power Music," a White Nationalist music store owned and operated by the National Alliance. (Klassic Klan Compositions is second in sales to the top selling video game video game "Ethnic Cleansing").

Some of Johnny Rebel's popular songs:

- Ni**er Hatin' Me
- Send 'em All Back to Africa
- In Coon Town
- Move Them Ni**ers North
- Cajun KKK
- Alabama Ni**er
- Quit Your B*tchin' Ni**er!
- Ni**er, Ni**er

Is anyone else a fan of Johnny Rebel or of the White National groups like the National Alliance? It seems so twisted and ignorant to me.

Mods, can these two threads please be merged?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Mods, can these two threads please be merged?

Mods:

If you examine the "Dialogue" thread I started, I explicitly stated my intention to make such a thread well in advance of Zoo's making a thread. I request that the threads remain separate.

zoo22

No problem, they can just merge my thread about Johnny Rebel and white power music into your thread. Or we can have multiple TOL threads about it if that's what they'd prefer.

Last edited:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
One of his songs is "Some [n-word]s never die...they just smell that way."

It was true in the 60's, it's true now. :nono:

zoo22

Black people don't like cold weather. If you want to have an opinion about racism, then how about we send these southern ghetto blacks your way?

The Johnny Rebel song Traditio is referring to isn't called "Move Them North", it's called

Warning: racist language:

Spoiler
"Move Them Ni**ers North!"

Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north
If they don't like our southern ways then
Move them ni**ers north

Our South has been invaded by
Trashy-lookin' crew
They'll change our ways and take our schools
Away from me and you
It's time for us to make a stand
To keep our southern ways
We've got to give a helping hand
It's unity that pays

Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north

They're trying to start trouble
By mixing up the races
They feel a whole lot better off
By staying in their places
I like our South, man, the way it is
I'm sure that you do too
Oh, Martin Luther thinks it's his
I know he's wrong, don't you?

Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north

It's unity that pays

Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north

Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north

Last edited:

zoo22

One of his songs is "Some [n-word]s never die...they just smell that way."

It was true in the 60's, it's true now. :nono:

Traditio is referring to this racist Johnny Rebel song

Warning racist language:

Spoiler
Some Ni**ers Never Die, They Just Smell That Way:

The other day I took a fishin' trip
Just me and my boat, and ol' Banjo lip
Banjo was my guide, an old colored feller
He wasn't very dark, he was a high-steppin' yeller
So we launched my boat, and I cranked my motor
And up to my nose came a terrible odor
I looked around, tryin' to find somethin' dead
But it was Banjo with his arm up, scratchin' his head

Some ni**ers never die
They just smell that way

Now the more he'd scratch, the more he'd sweat
And I'm here to say he was-a-chokin' me to death
So we loaded up, I just couldn't go on
And I coughed and I gagged, all the way home
When I dropped him off, I was next to dyin'
My nose was-a-runnin, and my eyes were-a-cryin'
The smell scorched the hair right out of my nose
When I got home I had to burn all my clothes

Some ni**ers never die
They just smell that way

I recooperated quick, I was thankful for that
I was only in bed for a week and a half
The very first day I was up on my feet
I went to the supermarket, down the street
I shopped all around, and I filled out my order
My groceries were bagged by a fat ni**er porter
The air conditioner was broke and I was ferocious
'Cause it was hot and that ni**er was-a-sweatin' on my groceries

Some ni**ers never die
They just smell that way

The vegetables and greens I bought started wilting
My blood pressure rose, and I could've killed him
I was gonna smash him all over that place
But he raised up his arm, and I fell on my face
Now I'm here in the hospital and at the ceiling I stare
I coulda whipped that ni**er, 'cept he used germ warfare
So from now on I'll carry a long, long stick
'Cause if I can keep from the smell, then I'll have 'em licked

Some ni**ers never die
They just smell that way

Last edited:

zoo22

Here's an article I'd posted in the other Johnny Rebel / white power music thread.

A History of Hate Rock From Johnny Rebel to Dylan Roof

"One of the most powerful tools white power groups use to spread their ideology to young people is music."

Most white-power bands today play what sounds like punk or heavy metal, but white nationalists have channeled their ideology through everything from country to Celtic folk. The scene’s locus has historically been Northern Europe, but crackdowns on hate speech abroad eventually drove the scene to the United States. Distinctly American contributions include a Cajun musician from Louisiana called Johnny Rebel who pioneered a racist strain of country music in the 1960s in response to the civil-rights movement. His early singles include “Ni**er Ni**er,” “Some Ni**ers Never Die (They Just Smell That Way),” and “In Coontown.” He made something of a comeback after 9/11 with a song called “Infidel Anthem,” a promise of vengeance that, while heavier on the profanity, is similar in thrust to Toby Keith’s mainstream country hit, “Courtesy of the Red, White, & Blue (The Angry American).”

In the late 1990s leaders of white-nationalist groups became more intentional about using music as a recruiting tool, particularly to middle- and upper-class kids like Picciolini. “I am overjoyed at the success we are seeing with the White Power bands,” wrote David Lane, a member of the neo-Nazi group The Order, in a fanzine in 1998. “I must confess that I don‘t understand the phenomenon, since my preference runs to Wagner and Tchaikovsky, but the musical enjoyment of us dinosaurs is of no importance. White Rock seems to reach and unify our young folk, and that is the first good news in decades.”

In 1999 the leader of the National Alliance, William Luther Pierce, acquired a label called Resistance Records, which advertised itself as the “soundtrack for white revolution.”

Full article

The National Alliance is the White Nationalist group that runs "White Power Records" that distributes Johnny Rebel's music. As I'd said in the other thread, the Johnny Rebel album "Klassic Klan Kompositions" is second in sales at White Power Records only to their top selling video game "Ethnic Cleansing".

Spoiler
R-4898865-1378834669-7283.jpeg.jpg

The article is worth reading.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Johnny Rebel song Traditio is referring to isn't called "Move Them North", it's called "Move Them Ni**ers North!"

Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north

Our South has been invaded by
Trashy-lookin' crew
They'll change our ways and take our schools
Away from me and you
It's unity that pays

Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north

They're trying to start trouble
By mixing up the races
They feel a whole lot better off
By staying in their places
I like our South, man, the way it is
I'm sure that you do too
Oh, Martin Luther thinks it's his
I know he's wrong, don't you?

Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north

It's unity that pays

Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north

Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north
Move them ni**ers north

You know it's black history month :think:

glorydaz

Consider the songs "Affirmative action," "federal aid" and "Here comes Jesse."

Well, like most other government programs designed to right some supposed wrong, these have actually backfired and caused more resentment than anything else. Plus, they are now so big they include just about everyone...blacks, the poor and other minorities. Class warfare keeps marching on.

"I'm not a racist," said Johnny Rebel (who, I am proud to say, is from my state!). "It's the attitude I don't like."

And you'll see this in his song "It's the attitude, stupid."

This attitude, too, has crossed all the racial bounds. Here in Oregon, we have very few blacks per capita and in some areas, virtually none, but we certainly have plenty of attitude from various entitlement groups. It's that entitlement attitude that I find so annoying.

One of my convictions about the liberals is that their doctrines aren't based on reason. It's all based on brain-washing. "Haven't you died out yet?" "Your kind still exists?" It's a common liberal refrain. Why? Because they don't base themselves on reason; the proliferation of liberal ideology proceeds by means of brain-washing (thus the reason why liberals insist on their version of sex-education, science, etc. in schools).

Liberals versus conservatives....not really a racial divide any longer. It's just that the liberals included the entitlement groups which do include blacks and other majority groups.

If you listen to Johnny Rebel's songs, not much has changed from the 60s. The reasons to be a "racist," to yearn for segregation, to oppose being forced into society with blacks...it's still there. If anything, it's worse now. At least blacks in the 60s "knew their place" (except, of course, for all of those rabble-rousers). Nowadays?

Well.

If you've grown up in the South, you understand what I mean. I had to go to public school with them. :nono:

If you grew up in the North, then you don't really have a dog in the fight. Black people don't like cold weather. If you want to have an opinion about racism, then how about we send these southern ghetto blacks your way?

I'd love to be segregated from the liberals. It's the "attitude". :thumb:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
This attitude, too, has crossed all the racial bounds. Here in Oregon, we have very few blacks per capita and in some areas, virtually none, but we certainly have plenty of attitude from various entitlement groups. It's that entitlement attitude that I find so annoying.

Yes. In the South, black people are the entitlement group with the entitlement attitude. That's a big portion of what Johnny Rebel's music is protesting.

Liberals versus conservatives....not really a racial divide any longer. It's just that the liberals included the entitlement groups which do include blacks and other majority groups.

1. I disagree. No, it's simply not true that conservatives nowadays are pursuing a return to segregation. It is true, however, that a lot of conservative views have decidedly racial undertones. Why on earth do you think that conservatives are so against welfare? In the South, at least, a big part of that might be because there's so many blacks on it. Why do you think Donald Trump is so popular?

The sole reason I'd vote for Trump (and I might) is because I'm a "racist."

2. And ultimately, that's my point: there's not a racial divide any more in politics. The liberals won. Racial segregation was yesterday's conservative view, whereas today, it's not.

Not because there's any less reason for it (there's actually much more reason for it), but because the government succeeded in brainwashing subsequent generations.

I want you to consider seriously that the most "anti-racist" people in the country live in places where there are so few black people, whereas the current hotbeds of racism are in places where black people abound.

It's because it's not as easy to brainwash people who actually see the reality for themselves.

And frankly, and I think even you'll be forced to admit this, culturally, demographically, etc...integration has been an unmitigated disaster for white people. For one thing, consider how even a subset of white people have been "urbanized" and initiated into the hip hop culture. For another thing, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the criminal victimization rates of white people have vastly increased since we let them black people onto our side of the tracks. Not to mention, of course, that blacks aren't content to stick to themselves when it comes to social affairs, romantic relationships, etc. It's positively disgusting. [And ultimately, I fear that it is going to spell "death" for the white race and for white culture in the long run.] :nono:

I'd love to be segregated from the liberals. It's the "attitude". :thumb:

Most blacks are democrats. Which is, of course, hilarious, given that they often tend to be opposed to homosexual conduct and abortion.

But then, that says something in and of itself about that demographic.

And you know what? Much like feminism, the more black people get, the more they seem to take.

Yesterday's feminist wanted to vote; today's feminist wants to indulge in brazen sexual immorality, murder her children, etc., and not face even the slightest social backlash.

Yesterday's blacks didn't want to be lynched. Today, they seem to want to be able to commit crime and attack the police with veritable impunity.

I say: enough is enough! How much do we have to deal with before we have to admit: segregation was better for white people.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I do, of course, wish to emphasize, however, in the event that any black person just so happens to be reading this:

I intend no personal disrespect. :idunno:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
This from a so-called educated person?
Are we not all created by the one true God?
Life is sacred.

Unlike some people on this forum, I don't think it's alright to murder unborn black children. At least I say that they should be given the chance to commit a capital crime, first. :idunno:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Back to the OP:

Regardless of what you think about Johnny Rebel's lyrics, his music and singing voice are very good. He's a very good singer.

glorydaz

I do, of course, wish to emphasize, however, in the event that any black person just so happens to be reading this:

I intend no personal disrespect. :idunno:

Well, look at it this way. If a woman was raped by a black man and ended up disliking all black men, that would be totally acceptable to the libbers on this board. Heck, they might even start chatting about how they were leery if they met a black man walking down the street.

fzappa13

That's what I thought he was talking about....Nick Adams was great in that role. So I figured we be talking about they guys who actually fought in the Civil War. :sigh:

The TV Johnny Rebel was probably a little too existential to be proper fodder for those looking for a good bigoted southern stereotype.

Status
Not open for further replies.