This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
See, that's the point Angel. His family was SOLD back and forth. It was Illegal to teach them to read or write. They don't know who they came from.
Ireland is much smaller than Africa.

And there are more dead white/indian/chinese/etc people than blacks who have no marker either, so what does that have to do with anything.

Loads and loads of people of all nationalities, all creeds, races, etc, have no grave marker, and by the fourth generation of family in most cases are largely forgotten and unknown.

WHY does that bother you as an atheist? Speak from your lack of belief in anything and tell me why any of it matters when we just live this life and are then worm food, why does it matter at all?

fool

Hall of Fame
They can if it's voluntary...but I'm not sure [MENTION=4370]fool[/MENTION] means voluntary..

From the Article I cited:
In addition to headstones, the NCA is now responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of a total of 33 monuments and memorials that honor Confederate soldiers and causes, according to NCA Senior Historian Sara Amy Leach. The monuments were often erected by private groups like the United Daughters of the Confederacy. Looking through a list of them gives a sense of the various waves of Confederate nostalgia in America: Nine were built in the years 1910 to 1912, four were built in the 1920s and '30s, and the most recent wave saw four more built between 2003 and 2006, with other key periods of concentration in the century and a half since the Civil War.

If the Federal Government is taking care of these then Blacks are paying for these thru their taxes.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They will be. If The Government has money for a Camels headstone then we got money for some Slave finding.

How do you know the government is who paid for it? Is there a confederate government anymore either if they did? What if it was paid for with confederate money, can we pay for what you want with the same today?

What if the person who used the camel paid for it? Would that matter to you?

Lastly what ive asked repeatedly that you haven't answered, why does it matter to atheism?

You seem like a really smart guy, but im wondering why you are holding to position you cant explain or defend?

fool

Hall of Fame
why, why does it matter to an atheist or a dead person, you still havent answered

I've answered you a couple of times now:

fool said:
It doesn't matter where the body is, what matters is the record of who he was.
And in the case of slavery the body might be the only record that he existed.
The White mans birth, marriage, death and kin are recorded at the Church.
The black man is a receipt of sale, in his masters desk.
We owe or Black Brothers and Sisters some shovel time.

fool said:
What you consider a bag of worms is in reality a DNA datum that could reveal the heritage of hundreds of thousands of our fellow citizens.
People who's ancestors came here as cargo rather than as passengers.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They will be. If The Government has money for a Camels headstone then we got money for some Slave finding.

well, i don't want my tax dollars going towards maintaining a camel's headstone either :idunno:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I've answered you a couple of times now:

Those do not answer at all, to there is only this life then youre nothing but worm food, what does the future mean for that?

Why does posterity matter to a corpse who has no future and to living who claim there isnt one? *atheism*

fool

Hall of Fame
well, i don't want my tax dollars going towards maintaining a camel's headstone either :idunno:

Angel could be correct that it's Privately supplied, but it seems to follow the Federal pattern. The Point at the top is consistent with how they supply Confederate Stones.

fool

Hall of Fame
Those do not answer at all, to there is only this life then youre nothing but worm food, what does the future mean for that?
I've answered that twice now. That's my answer and I don't care what you or anybody thinks about it.
Why does posterity matter to a corpse who has no future and to living who claim there isnt one? *atheism*
Atheism doesn't claim there's no future. That would be Afutureism.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I've answered that twice now. That's my answer and I don't care what you or anybody thinks about it.

Atheism doesn't claim there's no future. That would be Afutureism.

posterity means what happens in the future not that there is one or not, why would a dead body that never lives again, and is merely worm food after this life, care about it, and if only this life matters, what does what happens now or later matter anyway?

No, you still havent answered.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I know where some of them are. And if I don't know it's because we lost track and not because they were traded and sold off like livestock.
Yes. We owe some debt to the dead who were treated unjustly and whose degradation helped fuel the economic engine of our fledgling republic. It doesn't really seem like all that much to ask.