This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I just read today that a local chapter of the KKK is planning a cross burning in my area. Could be the largest gathering in years. :plain:

are they strapping black people to it before lighting it on fire?

'cause otherwise, i don't see how that's racist :idunno:

fool

Hall of Fame
I'd say that since these are protests at Confederate Monuments that are being torn down that this is what racism defeated looks like.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd say that since these are protests at Confederate Monuments that are being torn down that this is what racism defeated looks like.
That's one to look at it.
Although I doubt tearing down a historical monument will have any effect of eliminating racism.
No telling how much it's gonna cost the taxpayers to have those historical monuments torn down.
A rather petty excuse to waste money, if you ask me.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
as long as they're not burning crosses that are on the top of black churches... :idunno:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
do you spose they burn store bought crosses or do they make them in their garages?

You would think they get more satisfaction by buying something meaningful from Christians from a Christian book store, and other place that such things, and burn it. I could care less if he goes to Homo Depot and buys the lumber then lights it on fire.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I just read today that a local chapter of the KKK is planning a cross burning in my area. Could be the largest gathering in years. :plain:

This?

Ku Klux Klan cross burning, rally scheduled in Lancaster County this weekend

The East Coast Knights of the True Invisible Empire is planning to have rally sometime this Saturday somewhere in Quarryville. The KKK chapter -- based in Rising Sun, Md. -- posted about the event on Stormfront, an online forum for white nationalists and other racial extremists.
"This is a family event," the post said, "most Klans and [white nationalists] are invited."

kmoney

Hall of Fame
This?

Ku Klux Klan cross burning, rally scheduled in Lancaster County this weekend

The East Coast Knights of the True Invisible Empire is planning to have rally sometime this Saturday somewhere in Quarryville. The KKK chapter -- based in Rising Sun, Md. -- posted about the event on Stormfront, an online forum for white nationalists and other racial extremists.
"This is a family event," the post said, "most Klans and [white nationalists] are invited."
yes

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Breaking from my normal course of not commenting on his posts outside of remarks aimed at or relating to me, even the dictionary Sod quoted had this as the primary: "[FONT=noto_serif_devanagari]Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

What he quoted was the 1.1 subject to the primary.

And Websters has it: "[/FONT]
a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race."

Both of those definitions sum Spencer in a rotten nutshell.

Yeah. Racists gotta hate.

And then say something about the Clintons. :plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I'm sorry to hear it.

This was linked from that article:

[h=1]Hate, extremists groups rose 3 percent in U.S. during divisive 2016: report[/h]
22075236-mmmain.png

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
New Recruits

One of the most chilling revelations about Dylann Roof, the ... murderer of nine parishioners in Charleston, South Carolina’s Emanuel AME Church, is that his descent into crazed and deadly racism began with a simple Google search. According to a manifesto he posted online sometime before his rampage, Roof had his “awakening” after seeing news reports about the death of Trayvon Martin. Roof describes hearing and seeing Martin’s name everywhere, looking him up on Wikipedia, and “being unable to understand what the big deal was.” After that he typed “black on White crime” into Google and came upon the website of a far-right group called the Council of Conservative Citizens. After that day, Roof wrote in his manifesto, he was never the same...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I wrote: I don't have any real reason to suspect that degree of prejudice, but I would ask you to consider seriously why a flag that flew over one of the darker practices in our nation's history represents the South to you. What is there in that symbol to like?

And dr reminded me why it's largely a waste of time attempting to get people to think about a position they never came to by that faculty.
That'll do.

yeah, i agree, you dont owe him an explanation for what you like.
I never asked him anything at all. :plain:

I didn't even ask you why you like the standard. I suggested that you consider why it is you feel any warm connection to the symbol for a barbaric expression of racism. I'm fairly proud of the South for any number of reasons, but find the misplaced romanticism and regard some have on that point a point of personal curiosity and more than a bit baffling. I asked, more broadly, what's to like about it?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
About what I've come to expect from the brighter people entangled in that nonsense.

Nothing like the intellectual courage of your convictions...which both of your comments and methodologies in response to reason amply demonstrate.

I didn't ask you for an explanation of what you like that odious standard. I suggested that you consider why it is you feel any warm connection to the symbol for a barbaric expression of racism. I'm fairly proud of the South for any number of things, but find the misplaced romanticism and regard some have on that point a point of personal curiosity.
Cuz the South's gonna do it again !!!