This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yahoo's latest on the intelligence passed from President Trump to Russia:

Donald Trump did not know where the intelligence he shared with Russian officials was from, the White House has revealed in an admission that stunned many in an already reeling Washington.​

The intelligence is said to have come from an American ally in the Middle East, via a sensitive intelligence sharing arrangement. But Mr McMaster said on Tuesday that the president "wasn’t even aware where this information came from" and "wasn’t briefed on the sources and methods".

On another front:

Trump apparently asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation, according to The Times.

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Lon

Yahoo's latest on the intelligence passed from President Trump to Russia:

Donald Trump did not know where the intelligence he shared with Russian officials was from, the White House has revealed in an admission that stunned many in an already reeling Washington.​

The intelligence is said to have come from an American ally in the Middle East, via a sensitive intelligence sharing arrangement. But Mr McMaster said on Tuesday that the president "wasn’t even aware where this information came from" and "wasn’t briefed on the sources and methods".

On another front:

Trump apparently asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation, according to The Times.

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Quick question: How could it be classified information when I heard last month Airlines were screening laptop computers for ISIS bombs on ABC, including where the threat was coming from? Am I not understanding 'classified' information? Can't Russians get ABC news? :confused:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I like the confederate flag which simply means southern to me, am i a white supremacist because of it?
I don't have any real reason to suspect that degree of prejudice, but I would ask you to consider seriously why a flag that flew over one of the darker practices in our nation's history represents the South to you. What is there in that symbol to like?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
170514-charlottesville-robert-e-lee-statue-mn-1141_a2a6c4fe20de091186806cdbdd9f54c3.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

I wonder how many of those in the crowd voted for Trump!

Personally, I think Robert E Lee was a tragic figure - one of the most outstanding military minds in America history who probably offered his services to the Confederacy with a heavy heart.

The fact remains, however, that the institution of slavery was indefensible and Lee did everything in his power to deprive the ancestors of millions of American citizens of their freedom.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Not what this thread is about
This thread is about you trying to misrepresent non muslims.

I post a photo of a group of racists chanting Nazi slogans and you want to paint them as poorly-understood non-Muslims?

:chuckle:

You're a good illustration (along with more than a few here) of why racism in this country will continue into perpetuity even as your social dominance dwindles (which lies at the heart of today's racism and drives those racist Trump supporters - the loss of power, status and dominance threatens them and Trump feeds them what makes them feel better).

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
This is what the white supremacists in Charlottesville sound like:

An enormous show of strength and power was revealed this past weekend in Charlottesville, VA as members of the Alt-Right led by Richard Spencer, Evan Thomas, Sam Dickson and Nathan Damigo overwhelmed the small southern town in historic Virginia that is currently infested with some of the most disgusting and odious leftists in the country.

Our forces numbered around 200 and they came from all around the country. We marched down the streets of the completely unexpecting town and surrounded the Stonewall Jackson monument.

We took the park and claimed it as Alt Right territory. Our many flags were waving high and proud in the wind as we took our positions for our flash mob demonstration. Richard Spencer spoke first saying, “We are here to say no; no more attacks on our heritage, on our identity; no more attacks on us as a people. Nathan Damigo, the leader of Identity Evropa, went on to say, “This fight is essentially a demographic struggle for the future of western civilization.” Without western people, western civilization doesn’t exist.

[CUE STIRRING MUSIC]

As night approached we gathered in a nearby park and then marched on Robert E. Lee’s statue. We held a flame lit vigil to pay respect to our heritage, our ancestors and to those that took a rebel stand against an anti-Southern government more than a hundred years ago. We stood 6 rows deep in a visually striking demonstration of power and control with our torches ablaze.

We stood in solidarity as one. Evan Thomas guided us throughout the ceremony with encouraging and beautiful words. Sam Dickson and Richard Spencer both gave heartfelt remarks that will be with all of us forever. We let out rebel yells and chants into the night. We felt our voices carry and echo throughout downtown Charlottesville. “Blood and soil!” “Russia is our friend!” “No more brothers wars” and “You will not replace us!” Rang throughout the town.

--alt-right site

It must take some practice to get good at waving their flags "high and proud in the wind" and making their "rebel yells."

Although mastering their "visually striking 6 rows deep demonstration of power and control" probably took some extra practice, maybe on Saturdays. Or maybe on Sundays, after church.

It would be easy to dismiss them as denizens of the fringe except that Richard Spencer has that one figured out. Sort of.

Spencer
acquired that academic tone while obtaining a bachelor’s degree from at the University of Virginia and a master’s degree in humanities from the University of Chicago. It is part of an image-conscious strategy meant to appeal to educated, middle-class whites. He dresses neatly, eschews violence, and works to sound rational.

“We have to look good,” he told Salon.com writer Lauren Fox, because no one is going to want to join a movement that is “crazed or ugly or vicious or just stupid.”

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In an address at white supremacist Jared Taylor’s 2013 American Renaissance conference, Spencer called for “peaceful ethnic cleansing.” As an example of how this could be accomplished, he cited the 1919 Paris Peace Conference, where new national boundaries were formed at the end of World War I. “Today, in the public imagination, ‘ethnic cleansing’ has been associated with civil war and mass murder (understandably so),” Spencer said. “But this need not be the case. 1919 is a real example of successful ethnic redistribution—done by fiat, we should remember, but done peacefully.”
Spencer also has termed his mission a “sort of white Zionism,” that would inspire whites with the dream of such a homeland just as Zionism helped spur the establishment of Israel. A white ethno-state would be an Altneuland—an old, new country—he said, attributing the term to Theodor Herzl, a founding father of Zionism.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

ok, so he's racist because he thinks his race is pretty good?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
rac·ismˈrāˌsizəm/noun the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

ok, so he's racist because he thinks his race is pretty good?

Breaking from my normal course of not commenting on his posts outside of remarks aimed at or relating to me, even the dictionary Sod quoted had this as the primary: "[FONT=noto_serif_devanagari]Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

What he quoted was the 1.1 subject to the primary.

And Websters has it: "[/FONT]
a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race."

Both of those definitions sum Spencer in a rotten nutshell.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Breaking from my normal course of not commenting on his posts outside of remarks aimed at or relating to me, even the dictionary Sod quoted had this as the primary: "[FONT=noto_serif_devanagari]Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

What he quoted was the 1.1 subject to the primary.

And Websters has it: "[/FONT]
[FONT=&]a belief that [/FONT]race[FONT=&] is the primary [/FONT]determinant[FONT=&] of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race."

Both of those definitions sum Spencer in a rotten nutshell.[/FONT]

neither of those definitions apply to what anna posted

mine did :p

kmoney

Hall of Fame
170514-charlottesville-robert-e-lee-statue-mn-1141_a2a6c4fe20de091186806cdbdd9f54c3.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

It was a scene out of the darkest days of the civil rights movement. A couple of dozen white supremacists rallied around a statue of Robert E Lee, a Confederate army general, in Virginia, carrying torches and chanting: “You will not replace us.”

But this was no black-and-white newsreel, relaying the horrors of a time long since past. This grotesque scene played out on Saturday, at a rally headlined by the white supremacist Richard Spencer.

They also chanted "blood and soil," (a Nazi chant) and "Russia is our friend."

Some observers dismissed them with mockery for their "citronella tiki torches," and while mockery can be useful, it won't fix the pervasive ugliness that is racism.

I just read today that a local chapter of the KKK is planning a cross burning in my area. Could be the largest gathering in years. :plain: