This idiot needs a little jail time.

WizardofOz

Pits are a great breed. It's the idiot owners that are the problem.

I am not not a huge fan of Chihuahuas or Dalmatians but that mostly comes from experiences I've had with biters.

And Boxers - good breed but far too wild/energetic for my tastes.

I love my black lab/mix. Great dog and he was a rescue.

WizardofOz

what would you tell your wife who had your mother and your child in the car with 4 to 5 pit bulls hanging around?

Either way, I'm still not blaming the breed. Yeah, if they're wild that is what animal control is for. I still wouldn't want the cop to show up and shoot it, especially if animal control is on the way and the dog isn't posing a direct threat.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Destroy someones idols and the idolators get nasty. The same bunch of people probably wouldn't flinch at abortion or child cruelty.
Actually, people who are comfortable with animal cruelty make excellent serial killers, who then aren't the sort to be particularly upset with killing anything or anyone. Conversely, people who have and care for animals tend to have higher levels of empathy and response.

People who find fault in virtue are people who don't really understand either.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Either way, I'm still not blaming the breed. Yeah, if they're wild that is what animal control is for. I still wouldn't want the cop to show up and shoot it, especially if animal control is on the way and the dog isn't posing a direct threat.

what would you tell your wife who had your mother and your child in the car with 4 to 5 pit bulls hanging around?

WizardofOz

It would depend on their behavior, wouldn't it?

It they're wild/threatening, call animal control or police.

If they're tame/playful, what's the problem?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, people who are comfortable with animal cruelty make excellent serial killers, who then aren't the sort to be particularly upset with killing anything or anyone. Conversely, people who have and care for animals tend to have higher levels of empathy and response.

People who find fault in virtue are people who don't really understand either.
Post of the Day :first:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are making me really sad!
I've had too many dogs roam onto my property that ends up being a standoff where I have to stay inside until it leaves because I have no idea how it will respond. Some have barked and growled when I open the door.

Sorry, I'm not planning on putting my daily business on hold for these critters to get through roaming around my property. They better high tail out of there or I'm coming out shooting.
It just might be the nicest dog in the whole world, but I don't know that.
And even nice dogs will turn on a stranger. And there is no way I could fight off an attacking dog at my age.

I like dogs. I like them a lot.
But they are animals, and I will never put their needs above mine or any other human being.

And if I have a dog that bothers my neighbor, I will choose the neighbor over the dog every single time. The neighbor stays, the dog goes.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've had too many dogs roam onto my property that ends up being a standoff where I have to stay inside until it leaves because I have no idea how it will respond. Some have barked and growled when I open the door.

Sorry, I'm not planning on putting my daily business on hold for these critters to get through roaming around my property. They better high tail out of there or I'm coming out shooting.
It just might be the nicest dog in the whole world, but I don't know that.
And even nice dogs will turn on a stranger. And there is no way I could fight off an attacking dog at my age.

I like dogs. I like them a lot.
But they are animals, and I will never put their needs above mine or any other human being.

And if I have a dog that bothers my neighbor, I will choose the neighbor over the dog every single time. The neighbor stays, the dog goes.
Now I get your point a little more clearly. Dogs coming on to your property causing you to feel threatened is not the picture I had in my mind when you said this...
If my neighbor had pitbulls that were lose, I'd of shot the dog too.
You, of course, have the right to make sure you feel safe in your own home.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I suppose I'm going to have to apologize to Angel for saying that if I came out against shooting puppies, she'd be all for it.

I was wrong, and she's been more than a little rational in recent posts, concerning the issue. I was wrong. My sincere apology to you, Angel.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
does the barbarian have an agenda here?
or
does he just like pit bulls?
I don't think so
pit bulls were not mentioned in the opening post
the fact that there were three pit bulls wasn't mentioned either
the fact that the caller said 4 to 5 pit bulls wasn't mentioned
so
he just doesn't like police killing dogs regardless of the circumstances
but
I think we should take a look at the circumstances
the barbarian is a political animal
his threads are mostly political
he seems to put republicans in bad light
republicans support the police
the police shoot puppies
there is an election in the near future

don't you love puppies?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I notice the whole point about out of control gun-happy maniac cops has been slightly overlooked...

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
how long would it take you to find the number?

just call 911

Dispatchers, when they get a call like that, send animal control. That's why they showed up in Cleburn. The problem was that the idiot cop showed up first.

If that hadn't happened, the pups would have been picked up, the owner ticketed, and the officer would still have his job in Cleburn.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
take the time to call animal control
if
you love puppies like the barbarian does

calling 911
is
putting puppies in danger