Thinking and reflecting on obeying God's commands.

God's Truth

We have to have fear and trembling to be saved.

Isaiah 66:2 "These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.

2 Corinthians 7:15 And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient, receiving him with fear and trembling.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 8:3 NASB - 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
Yep.
God did.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are told not to offer our body to sin. We are told to make it a living sacrifice.
Yep.
And yet, just as Paul, my flesh body still sins.

Are you suggesting that once you repented of your past sins and were saved, you never again sinned in the flesh and never had to repent again?
If so, then you only had to repent ONCE to be saved.
But we all know that is not what you believe, because you have said that you repent after every sin you committed after you were saved.
And then you are flabbergasted as to why no one takes your words seriously.

God's Truth

Yep.
And yet, just as Paul, my flesh body still sins.
Paul doesn't say that. He says he beats his body to make it a slave.

Are you suggesting that once you repented of your past sins and were saved, you never again sinned in the flesh and never had to repent again?
If so, then you only had to repent ONCE to be saved.
But we all know that is not what you believe, because you have said that you repent after every sin you committed after you were saved.
And then you are flabbergasted as to why no one takes your words seriously.

IF anyone does sin, then one is to confess that sin to God through Jesus and repent of it.

Jesus is our High Priest. How do you ever get you do not need to speak to God about what you have done?

Elia

You're a transgressor and are under condemnation. Things will only get worse for you until you come to repentance or are hardened in sin and lost forever.

Bs"d

According to Epoisses: If you try to do the law of God, then you are a transgressor!

It is only when you throw God's laws overboard, and transgress them all, and replace them by paganism, like all of Christianity does, ONLY THEN you are not a transgressor!

This is of course total idiocy, and the world upside down.

"But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."

Ecc 12:12-14, New American Standard Bible

Elia

Jacob,

By God's commandments, do you mean the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus which makes one free from the law of sin and death?

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Bs"d

This is what your own messiah says about the law:

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven"
Matthew 5

So who are you to throw God's laws overboard and replace them with paganism?

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Elia

Law keeping is the mark of the beast

Bs"d

Not keeping the law of God, throwing all God's laws overboard, and replacing them with paganism, is the sign of lawless pagans.

- read Ex. 13:9.

With pleasure. I'll even give you some context:

"And it shall be, when Y-H-W-H brings you into the land of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, which He swore to your fathers to give you, a land flowing with milk and honey, that you shall keep this service in this month. 6 Seven days you shall eat unleavened bread, and on the seventh day there shall be a feast to Y-H-W-H. 7 Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days. And no leavened bread shall be seen among you, nor shall leaven be seen among you in all your quarters. 8 And you shall tell your son in that day, saying, ‘This is done because of what Y-H-W-H did for me when I came up from Egypt.’ 9 It shall be as a sign to you on your hand and as a memorial between your eyes, that Y-H-W-H’s law may be in your mouth; for with a strong hand Y-H-W-H has brought you out of Egypt. 10 You shall therefore keep this ordinance in its season from year to year."

So here we see that the law of Y-H-W-H must be a sign upon our hands, and as a memorial between your eyes.

That is how important the law of God is.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.

Elia

It is not difficult as you say...it is impossible. You are teaching a false religion

Bs"d

You say keeping the law is impossible. Let's see what God says about it:

"“For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, 16 in that I command you today to love Y-H-W-H your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and Y-H-W-H your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess. 17 But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I announce to you today that you shall surely perish; you shall not prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess. 19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; 20 that you may love Y-H-W-H your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which Y-H-W-H swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”
Deut 30

Fulfil God's laws, and God will bless you.

Transgress God's laws, and God will punish you.

It is that simple.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

Elia

There is a way which seemeth right to a man but the end thereof is death

Bs"d

Lawlessness brings death.

Going by God's laws brings life:

"Then Y-H-W-H spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘I am Y-H-W-H your God. 3 According to the doings of the land of Egypt, where you dwelt, you shall not do; and according to the doings of the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you, you shall not do; nor shall you walk in their ordinances. 4 You shall observe My judgments and keep My ordinances, to walk in them: I am the Lord your God. 5 You shall therefore keep My statutes and My judgments, which if a man does, he shall live by them: I am Y-H-W-H."
Lev 18

Elia

God wants you to obey His commands. No one, you included, should disobey God's commands. Obeying God's commands brings blessing, not a curse.

Bs"d

And disobeying God's commandments brings a curse, and not a blessing.

Elia

Jesus doesn't tell us we will be cursed if we obey him.

Jesus says WE ARE BLESSED IF WE OBEY.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

This scripture refutes faith alone:

Deuteronomy 29:19 When such a person hears the words of this oath and they invoke a blessing on themselves, thinking, "I will be safe, even though I persist in going my own way," they will bring disaster on the watered land as well as the dry.

Bs"d

There is a lot more that refutes faith alone, even from the NT:

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

James 2

Epoisses

Bs"d

According to Epoisses: If you try to do the law of God, then you are a transgressor!

It is only when you throw God's laws overboard, and transgress them all, and replace them by paganism, like all of Christianity does, ONLY THEN you are not a transgressor!

"But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."

Nope, we replace the law with grace which is antichrist to you. The unmerited favor of God which is given apart from the law. Sucks to be under constant condemnation like you.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Bs"d

"“For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, 16 in that I command you today to love Y-H-W-H your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and Y-H-W-H your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess. 17 But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I announce to you today that you shall surely perish; you shall not prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess. 19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; 20 that you may love Y-H-W-H your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which Y-H-W-H swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”
Deut 30

It is that simple.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."

I don't dispute, obey God's commands and live, disobey and die.

You do not obey nor does anybody else...you do not obey the first and most important one "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, soul and mind"....because you are in breach of God's holy commands therefore you are under a curse.

The law was underpinned by the blood sacrifice offered for every transgression. You no longer have any blood sacrifice....we have the blood sacrifice.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Bs"d

"Then Y-H-W-H spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘I am Y-H-W-H your God. 3 According to the doings of the land of Egypt, where you dwelt, you shall not do; and according to the doings of the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you, you shall not do; nor shall you walk in their ordinances. 4 You shall observe My judgments and keep My ordinances, to walk in them: I am the Lord your God. 5 You shall therefore keep My statutes and My judgments, which if a man does, he shall live by them: I am Y-H-W-H."
Lev 18

You do not keep His statutes and His judgements, nor does anybody else. During 2,000 years under the law of Moses the Jews never [or rarely] attained to righteousness by obedience and when they did it was never perfect obedience to the law but the atoning sacrifice which accomplished it.

God's Truth

Bs"d

This is what your own messiah says about the law:

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven"
Matthew 5

So who are you to throw God's laws overboard and replace them with paganism?

The law that said to do various external washings---that was a teaching tool, a shadow of what was coming. It is about Jesus. Jesus washes us once and for all.

The law that said to observe special days---that was a teaching tool, a shadow of Jesus. All those special days are about Jesus. We observe Jesus all day every day. Observing special days is now worthless.

The law that said to sacrifice animals, to use their blood---that was a teaching tool about Jesus. Jesus is the Lamb of God and Jesus' blood takes away sins once and for all.

Jesus came; he circumcises our hearts with the Holy Spirit.

Jesus fulfilled the law. The whole law was about him. Since we have salvation through Jesus, it is a greater salvation. Is it greater to observe the Son of God instead of special days? Is it better to be cleaned by the blood of God than by animals? Is it better to be circumcised in the heart by the Holy Spirit, than with a physical circumcision done by the hands of men

By believing and obeying Jesus, true Christians obey Moses, for we have a tent, a temple, our bodies are that temple, and we have the blood to atone for our sins, because Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb.

The old law was not based on faith; the new law is based on faith. One must have faith that Jesus' blood cleans us of the sins we repent of doing.

No one has to be put to death for adultery, and other such sins. No one has to give an eye for an eye, or a tooth for a tooth, etc. We find mercy and forgiveness through Jesus. We have mercy and forgiveness through Jesus, and we are also to give mercy and forgiveness to others.

The old law was about earthly man. The new law is about Spiritual things.

You know that no one can obey Moses anymore unless they come to God through Christ. You know you do not put to death people for adultery. You know you do not take an eye for an eye. You know that you do not sacrifice animals at an earthly temple.

Come to God through Jesus, for all things are fulfilled through him.

God's Truth

Bs"d

Epo issis is a false Christian. Do not judge God's Truth as stated in the Holy Bible by those who do not believe and obey Jesus.

God's Truth

Bs"d

Deut 30

It is that simple.

They transgress God's law, and so do you, if you do not believe in the New Covenant of Jesus' blood.

God's Truth

Bs"d

Lev 18

Lawlessness does bring death. Christians who say they do not obey and do not have to obey are preaching lawlessness.

People who claim to be a Jew but do not obey Moses with blood and eye for an eye...they are lawless.

Jesus fulfilled the law and gives us a better way through him.

God's Truth

Bs"d

And disobeying God's commandments brings a curse, and not a blessing.

Again, you are disobeying. Come to God through Jesus and you will obey everything that God says.