They Made Me Gay

Arthur Brain

It will, one supposes, be okay to be homo in the Lake, because God will be forever done with judging all the unrepentant at that point. Only they'll have something bigger to worry about.

Well, at least they wouldn't have to worry about pompous, self righteous, religious zealots and their bizarre beliefs in literal, fiery lakes.

genuineoriginal

Paul doesn't say there what you are asserting.

Instead, he contrasts between the Behaviours compelled by their former, Lost Identity, or prior status before God, in Adam, with the Behaviours they were now to allow their New, Saved Identity in Christ, to compel them to walk in.

He is contrasting between the Identies and resulting Behaviours of the two - "and such WERE (Identity) some of you - he is not saying they are lost because they returned to the ways of their FORMER Identity(in Adam).

According to Paul, God has no respect for identity (persons) and only has respect for behavior:

Romans 2:7-11
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.​

musterion

Well, at least they wouldn't have to worry about pompous, self righteous, religious zealots and their bizarre beliefs in literal, fiery lakes.

I'm just quoting what God has said on the matter. You'd best change your mind before your last breath. Then it will be far too late for you.

Arthur Brain

I'm just quoting what God has said on the matter. You'd best change your mind before your last breath. Then it will be far too late for you.

No, you're just doing what most unthinking religious zealots do, parrot doctrine and "turn or burn" rubbish without any thought processes. You honestly think that there's a literal lake of fire? Carry on as you will but I don't need to "change my mind" about homosexuality as I ain't gay and I'm not loony enough to buy into "chick tract mentality". That only results in loveless, contemptible doctrines and sometimes, unthinking monsters of men who ascribe to them.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Even if one is born with a gay gene, it is still sin and he must repent and place his faith in God as the rest of us do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musterion

No, you're just doing what most unthinking religious zealots do, parrot doctrine and "turn or burn" rubbish without any thought processes. You honestly think that there's a literal lake of fire? Carry on as you will but I don't need to "change my mind" about homosexuality as I ain't gay and I'm not loony enough to buy into "chick tract mentality". That only results in loveless, contemptible doctrines and sometimes, unthinking monsters of men who ascribe to them.

No, I'm just quoting what God has said on the matter. You'd best change your mind before your last breath. Then it will be far too late for you.

musterion

Even if one is born with a gay gene, it is still sin and he must repent and place his faith in God as the rest of us do.

How would you repent of a gene?

Could there also be a thief gene, a lying gene, an adulterer gene, a pride gene?

What does "faith in God" mean?

Arthur Brain

No, I'm just quoting what God has said on the matter. You'd best change your mind before your last breath. Then it will be far too late for you.

No dude, you aren't. This is why you're silly enough to believe in literal lakes of fire despite the obvious metaphor. It's why you display no love but a rigid, doctrinal mentality that doesn't dare question anything. You're a walking chick tract.

musterion

No dude, you aren't. This is why you're silly enough to believe in literal lakes of fire despite the obvious metaphor. It's why you display no love but a rigid, doctrinal mentality that doesn't dare question anything. You're a walking chick tract.

Change your mind, Artie, while you can.

Arthur Brain

Change your mind, Artie, while you can.

That's one thing you seem unable to do because you're incapable of questioning your belief which is ironic. Your belief and your signature are monstrous. If only you showed something resembling understanding, empathy, compassion and kindness. I've yet to see you ever display those attributes on here but loveless judgement, fear monghering and religious rhetoric you have in spades.

Danoh

I'd say The Lake of Fire'd be far worse than having to fend off the slings and arrows of the religious extremism of some.

BOTH the following are LITERAL...

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Feel free to present your case, based on Scripture, though; I ever find the views of others stimulating (whether or not I might find I continue to disagree with them).

Rom. 5:6-8

Arthur Brain

I'd say The Lake of Fire'd be far worse than having to fend off the slings and arrows of the religious extremism of some.

BOTH the following are LITERAL...

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Feel free to present your case, based on Scripture, though; I ever find the views of others stimulating (whether or not I might find I continue to disagree with them).

Rom. 5:6-8

Well, if you believe in a literal lake of burning fire and that there's a loving God who created this world and would chuck helpless beings into an eternity of suffering if they didn't reach the 'narrow gate' in a heartbeat of a lifetime in relation then there probably isn't much that anyone could say that would convince you otherwise. Been there before and not just on here.

Although maybe you could explain how death itself is something that can be "cast" into such a place?

Danoh

According to Paul, God has no respect for identity (persons) and only has respect for behavior:

Romans 2:7-11
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.​

Actually, in Romans 1:18 through 3:20 the Apostle Paul is laying out a history of various of God's revealing of His will and or expectations of man in progressively clearer and clearer revelations, and man's having only continued to fall short of God's mark, ending with His revelation of a much fuller picture of His expected will of man towards Him: The Law.

Paul is laying all that out towards shinning the Glory of the Light of The Son Alone, even brighter on man's conscience this side of what all that has proved ...

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

That out of the way, he returns back to the issue of the Glory of the Son's work ALONE that he began all that with, way back in...

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

He returns to that after having gone into and proven what he has then summarized in 3:19 and 20, cited hereinabove - thus his...

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

He then ends all that with his assertion that what the Law has also proved (that all have sinned and have thus come short of the glory of God; that justification can only be by faith and not by anyone's behaviours, or lack thereof):

3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Man sins because he is a sinner; he is not a sinner because he sins.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

In other words, it is not man's behaviour that is the issue, rather his identity - the fact of his having been born in Adam compels a rebellion in him.

In this, homosexuality, the Identity, is nothing more than the natural manifestation of the Sin Identity, in some.

In others, the sin nature inherited in Adam manifests itself in some other way.

As in the following individual...

John 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

In other words, within that Economy (back when God was doing such things among the "signs" people: the Nation Israel) God had allowed the sin nature's corruption to manifest itself in that man in his being born blind because God had planned on healing him to His Glory in His Son before that Nation.

John 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. 9:6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, 9:7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing. 9:8 The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?

Later we read...

9:35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? 9:36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? 9:37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him. 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

In short, you'll have to find some other means of asserting your argument.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Danoh

No such thing as "a gay gene" rather, the Sin Nature "gene" - which in some, results in a Homosexual manifestation. In others, they are born physically blind.

In others, they are born missing, or with screwed up neurological "wirings" of one kind or another.

All of it a manifestation of the fallen nature man inherits in Adam, Rom. 5.

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Rom. 5:6-8 being the only deliverance from all the resulting forms of bondage.

Born to grow up too short - no problem - Christ died for you; believe and be saved and you'll now have all the "acceptance" you could ever crave - "in the Beloved" Eph. 1:6

Put down yours and Musti's reasoning of men and get in The Book you both claim to hold to as your sole and final authority on all matters of...the things of God, 2 Tim. 3:16-17.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
What, they have to repent of being born gay?

We are both sinners by nature and choice. If it is true that a gay person has something he’s born with, like a chemical imbalance in his body, causing gender confusion, he is still very much so required to confess that it is a sin to be homosexual. Yes.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No such thing as "a gay gene" rather, the Sin Nature "gene" - which in some, results in a Homosexual manifestation. In others, they are born physically blind.

In others, they are born missing, or with screwed up neurological "wirings" of one kind or another.

All of it a manifestation of the fallen nature man inherits in Adam, Rom. 5.

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Rom. 5:6-8 being the only deliverance from all the resulting forms of bondage.

Born to grow up too short - no problem - Christ died for you; believe and be saved and you'll now have all the "acceptance" you could ever crave - "in the Beloved" Eph. 1:6

Put down yours and Musti's reasoning of men and get in The Book you both claim to hold to as your sole and final authority on all matters of...the things of God, 2 Tim. 3:16-17.

Well I’m playing devils advocate.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
How would you repent of a gene?

Could there also be a thief gene, a lying gene, an adulterer gene, a pride gene?

What does "faith in God" mean?

Not the gene, the sin. Even if a person has a mental disorder and he thinks it’s ok to steal, he sees nothing wrong with taking what’s not his, he must confess that stealing is sin or he cannot be saved.

Truster

Homosexuality is a curse. A lust that is inflicted upon men for their fellow men and women for women. The curse is inflicted because of the sins of society. Namely the sins of irreverence and injustice, irreverence towards the Eternal Almighty and injustice between men. Romans 1

Danoh

Not the gene, the sin. Even if a person has a mental disorder and he thinks it’s ok to steal, he sees nothing wrong with taking what’s not his, he must confess that stealing is sin or he cannot be saved.

The ITJ, lol

Acts 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 16:31 And they said, [confess that stealing is a sin], and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Not.

For the actual wording is...

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Put away your reasoning INTO a thing.