There is no Hell

Aimiel

There is life, and there is death. The damned die a second death. Upon judgment day all that had lived are called back into being. The forgiven go on to life immortal, where as the damned are cut off from life for all eternity. Lake of fire is parabolic for a body of people judged unfavorably. Lake = Body of people. Fire = Judgment.
If the Lake of Fire were symbolic, then why state that humans would be tormented for ever and ever in The Holy Scriptures? God doesn't lie. His Word is Truth. You need to buy a clue.

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

CherubRam

If the Lake of Fire were symbolic, then why state that humans would be tormented for ever and ever in The Holy Scriptures? God doesn't lie. His Word is Truth. You need to buy a clue.

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
The word "torment" is a contradiction to all other scriptures. The word "Hell" is also a contradiction to what scriptures say. You want to teach what the bibles says, but you do not want to spend any time or money studying, or buying study books; such as an Exhaustive Concordance.

CherubRam

Do you mean: "Jesus?"

The name Jesus is a modern day invention. In modern day English his name is Joshua. The Hebrew to English translation of that is Yahshua. Hebrew scribes changed the Hebrew language between the years of 167 BC to 900 AD.

Aimiel

The word "torment" is a contradiction to all other scriptures. The word "Hell" is also a contradiction to what scriptures say. You want to teach what the bibles says, but you do not want to spend any time or money studying, or buying study books; such as an Exhaustive Concordance.

Yeah. Whatever. I guess that with reasoning like that you could explain away ALL sound doctrine. :duh:

Aimiel

The name Jesus is a modern day invention. In modern day English his name is Joshua. The Hebrew to English translation of that is Yahshua. Hebrew scribes changed the Hebrew language between the years of 167 BC to 900 AD.
Contemporary humans call Him: "Jesus."

CherubRam

Yeah. Whatever. I guess that with reasoning like that you could explain away ALL sound doctrine. :duh:

Contemporary humans call Him: "Jesus."

Yah / shua
Jesus:
The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525,
when Sir William Tyndale a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England invented it!
His name in English is Yahshua.

Daniel1611

Do you mean: "Jesus?"

This. Thank you, Aimiel. When I hear people talking about "Yeshua" or "Yehashua" or whatever they say, I start to tune out. People that say this are pretentious. They're acting like they know something because they're using this name. If Yeshua is the name we should call Jesus, then why is he NOT called this name in the Bible? The Biblical authors did not call Jesus by these names. In the Bible, his name is called Iesous in the Greek. In English we say it as Jesus. In other languages they say it as it sounds in their language. If we were to call Jesus by Yehashua, the NT authors would have referred to him by this name.

Aimiel

When I see a Messianic Jew calling Him, "Yeshua," I acquiesce, because he's using the Hebrew every day and it's natural. Others, it's merely religious pretension. They know things 'about' God rather than know Him. They have only a 'form' of godliness, without The Power of God in their lives.

Aimiel

I spend my time and money on knowing the bible. It gives my life meaning and purpose.
Then your god is in your head. If you were to seek and search for God with all of your heart, then you would find Him. He promised:

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

But, alas, you only want to know 'about' Him. Yes: even knowing every single thing which He has revealed is completely meaningless if you don't know Him. You don't. You need to turn your heart to Him, not your own knowledge. You are on the throne of your life, not God. Your idol is your own thoughts, not The One True God. He can give meaning and purpose that you haven't yet imagined. His Gifts are endless.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear CherubRam,

There is no Hell?? You go ahead and keep believing that. There is a Hell, and it will be cast into the Lake of Fire after the Second Death. You've got Tons to Learn yet. See Rev. 20:13. "And death and Hell were cast into the Lake of Fire..."

I don't know that I'll be back this way again. Just wanted to let you know what you don't yet.

God Be With You,

Michael

CherubRam

Then your god is in your head. If you were to seek and search for God with all of your heart, then you would find Him. He promised:

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

But, alas, you only want to know 'about' Him. Yes: even knowing every single thing which He has revealed is completely meaningless if you don't know Him. You don't. You need to turn your heart to Him, not your own knowledge. You are on the throne of your life, not God. Your idol is your own thoughts, not The One True God. He can give meaning and purpose that you haven't yet imagined. His Gifts are endless.

Dear CherubRam,

There is no Hell?? You go ahead and keep believing that. There is a Hell, and it will be cast into the Lake of Fire after the Second Death. You've got Tons to Learn yet. See Rev. 20:13. "And death and Hell were cast into the Lake of Fire..."

I don't know that I'll be back this way again. Just wanted to let you know what you don't yet.

God Be With You,

Michael

You guys certainly are self-righteous and judgmental. You hardly know what is in the actual scriptures, and yet you want to do the teaching. Don't you know that it is a sin to join Paganism to your Holy Father?

JosephR

Thank you. With some of the replies I get, I wonder if I am doing any good.

depends on what is good....

I get a sense of how you feel, it seems you are more learned then me,but we think along the same lines. I have problems, with Sunday,trinity,christmas ect ect ect ......but I am getting to be at peace with those issues.

I think because I am a novice in my studies....At first I was angry when I learned of the pagan things in the Worship of the Creator.And that lead me to non faith. Then Science after a deep study brought me back to know there is a Creator.So I must be patient and pray for wisdom and know the Father is here right now with/within me.

There were men of God before the Law of Moses.Enoch for one.And even in the midist of the Law in full effect God spoke thru Isiah and told us mercy comes before the Law. I am dependent on mercy,faith and grace.

anyways God bless you and please keep the studies and info coming :) We are all subject to Gods will.

CherubRam

Gehenna Sheol Tomb Grave Sepulcher Hades Hell

Gehenna
The word Gehenna in English is גֵיא בֶן־הִנֹּם or גיא בן-הינום in Hebrew.

Sheol
The word Sheol in English is שְׁאוֹל in Hebrew

Tomb, Grave, Sepulcher
The English word “tomb” is τάφος in Greek.
The English word “grave” is Ταφικός or τύμβος in Greek.
The English word "sepulcher" is μνήμα in Greek.

Hell
The English word "Hell" is κόλαση, διάολο, κόλασης, Κολάσεως in the different Greek forms.

Hades
The English word "Hades" is άδης, Άδη, τον Άδη, ο Άδης in the different Greek forms.

As a person can see the Greek words Hell and Grave are not the same.

Scripture4All is free software. You can read the Greek for yourself, it is even translated for you: http://www.scripture4all.org/

Here is a sample preview in the Hebrew so you can see what the program looks like: http://www.scripture4all.org/ISA2_preview/ISA2_preview_6a.html

There is life, and there is death. The damned die a second death. Upon judgment day all that had lived are called back into being. The forgiven go on to life immortal, where as the damned are cut off from life for all eternity. Lake of fire is parabolic for a body of people judged unfavorably. Lake = Body of people. Fire = Judgment.

Scripture4All is a good study source, and it is free. http://www.scripture4all.org/ISA2_preview/ISA2_preview_6a.html

Aimiel

Lake of fire is parabolic for a body of people judged unfavorably. Lake = Body of people. Fire = Judgment.

JosephR

where do bad folks go when they die?

they dont go to heaven where angels fly,,

they go to a lake of fire and fry,,

wont see'em again till the 4th of July.