ECT There be many Galatians nowadays

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Nor should we be surprised, see how quickly people withdrew themselves from the Lord's earthly ministry. It seem as though Paul had scarcely left town when here comes some other fellows who seem to be somewhat and the people settle down to give them a fair hearing.

So it seems today there seems to be more and more complexity of doctrines, people have turned away from the very simpe gospel truths whereby they were first saved.

Have YOU turned aside? don't beat yourself up about it but let me encourage you to come back to the simple truths you learned when you were first saved. Remember the joy you had, the gladness of heart, the satisfaction you felt.

Ask God to refresh you in the glorious gospel truths. They are simple yet profound.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
:up:

Adding circumcision, or anything, to the gospel is Galatianism.

Those who teach "no...but we must obey Jesus before we can be saved" it makes such good old common sense doesn't it?

What a treadmill it is

You must obey in order to be saved, but you cain't obey until you first get saved. No wonder they are not so joyful anymore, they's on a treadmill and the devil is flogging them into red hot zeal.

DAN P

:up:

Adding circumcision, or anything, to the gospel is Galatianism.

Hi , the number one issue ,is , FALLING from Grace , Gal 5:4 and lose all there Effective and influential life ,Plus losing their rewards at the Bema Seat .

dan p

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Must one be baptized with or in water to be saved?

You must confess Him as Lord.....baptism is a good opportunity to do that and is far as I can see the purpose of it.

Baptism is not necessary to salvation, but if the Lord tells you then it is necessary to discipleship.

DAN P

You must confess Him as Lord.....baptism is a good opportunity to do that and is far as I can see the purpose of it.

Baptism is not necessary to salvation, but if the Lord tells you then it is necessary to discipleship.

Hi and where is that verse ??

dan p

DAN P

Hi and here is a good Opportunity to write where that verse is found ?:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

genuineoriginal

Those who teach "no...but we must obey Jesus before we can be saved" it makes such good old common sense doesn't it?

What a treadmill it is

You must obey in order to be saved, but you cain't obey until you first get saved. No wonder they are not so joyful anymore, they's on a treadmill and the devil is flogging them into red hot zeal.

Romans 8:24-25
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.​

What is it you are hoping for?

I know what my hope is and what I am to do while I wait for it.

1 Peter 1:9-16
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Romans 8:24-25
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.​

What is it you are hoping for?

I know what my hope is and what I am to do while I wait for it.

1 Peter 1:9-16
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.​

But we are SAVED by hoped...SAVED. That is so extraordinarily important. God takes us at our best, for our aspirations not our achievements. If we were saved by fruits or what we actually are what we actually do there is not one single person who could be saved.

Because He saves us according to our hopes there is not one single one of us who will be lost.

[Don't go reporting me now grumps because you disagree with my doctrine :eek: ]

We receive the END of our faith even the salvation of our souls

Glory be to God...glory to God....we get the whole package now, isn't that sweet of God?

It is SURE knowledge, CERTAINTY that produces steadfastness Gen

How can people be steadfast with a temporary, probationary salvation? Conditional salvation is the very essence of wobbly faith

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hi and here is a good Opportunity to write where that verse is found ?:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

You are nutty...

It is Paul's doctrine

Romans.10vs.8.

If we confess the Lord Jesus and believe in our heart that Go hath raise Him from the dead we shall be saved"

genuineoriginal

But we are SAVED by hoped...SAVED. That is so extraordinarily important. God takes us at our best, for our aspirations not our achievements. If we were saved by fruits or what we actually are what we actually do there is not one single person who could be saved.

Because He saves us according to our hopes there is not one single one of us who will be lost.

[Don't go reporting me now grumps because you disagree with my doctrine :eek: ]

We receive the END of our faith even the salvation of our souls

Glory be to God...glory to God....we get the whole package now, isn't that sweet of God?

It is SURE knowledge, CERTAINTY that produces steadfastness Gen

How can people be steadfast with a temporary, probationary salvation? Conditional salvation is the very essence of wobbly faith
We don't get the whole package now.

We are saved by hope, but we do not receive salvation until we make it to the day of redemption.

If we lose hope and turn away, we will end up failing to attain the goal.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We don't get the whole package now.

We are saved by hope, but we do not receive salvation until we make it to the day of redemption.

If we lose hope and turn away, we will end up failing to attain the goal.

I have great respect for you Gen but I am shocked that you are on this side of the argyment...

The Parable of the lost sheep would keep me from ever losing hope [hope along with faith and charity is one of the eternal gifts] the Good Shepherd has a hundred per cent record. "of these men who Thou gavest to Me not one is lost but the son of perdition."

"Thine they were and Thou gavest them to Me" We belong to Him, we are His property.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes we get the whole caboodle now....it will be manifest at the last time.

What is more we can never get more saved or more sanctified than we are now, we have it all in now unperishable seed form, wow did you see that? it is imperishable, the whole NT is to encourage growth in what we already have.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
From what I read in the Bible, OSAS is a false hope.

I put my trust in a lively hope instead.

Everlasting life to give the doctrine it's true name, OSAS is a made up name.

WHY? why did they make the name OSAS up? because nobody dared to say eternal life was not eternal, that would be calling God a liar to His face.

So they made up the name OSAS in order to try to tear down the truth and [vainly] to rob the saints of the glorious assurance that when God GIVES you as a free gift eternal life...that is what you receive.

musterion

Everlasting life to give the doctrine it's true name, OSAS is a made up name.

WHY? why did they make the name OSAS up? because nobody dared to say eternal life was not eternal, that would be calling God a liar to His face.

So they made up the name OSAS in order to try to tear down the truth and [vainly] to rob the saints of the glorious assurance that when God GIVES you as a free gift eternal life...that is what you receive.

First, I'm one of the biggest OS-AS defenders on this board (though I prefer UESIC, Unconditional Eternal Security in Christ) and I believe the yellow part above. So I don't know where you get off claiming what you just did. OS-AS = eternal life. It's the ones who say saved people in Christ can end up in the Lake of Fire who call God a liar.

Second, I'm confident I've read more on this specific topic than you have, as it is NOT the same as your Perseverance of the Saints. I think it can be safely stated that OS-AS/ES is called that because it is actually just a formulation in response to the ever-present belief that someone can be joined to Christ via believing the Gospel but still end up in the Lake of Fire, which is a lie. Put another way, these doctrinal formulations of Bible truth exist for a reason -- as a consolidated response to the heresy of the saved becoming unsaved which - it bears repeating - calls God a liar.

Third, as far as it's being "a made up name," so are the terms trinity, supralapsarianism, and TULIP. In other words, so what?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
OSAS was and is a derogatory term, the fact that we have bought it and argue for it does not change that...just as Christians was a derogatory term.

However I like to steer the opposers of OSAS to the bible name which is everlasting life...is it a free gift? do they have it? then how can they lose it?