ECT There be many Galatians nowadays

God's Truth

Which you trade in for your works in your continued, willful ignorance of the very intent of said prior works to begin with - thus, why they were given - towards proving that no man is justified by works.

Your ignorance in this is due to your unwillingness to study out the sense of Romans 6:14's "For sin shall not have dominion over you, for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

For example - what ritual is this commandment in Romans 7:

7. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Its not a ritual - it is one command of many others - under the Law - of those laws under the law that was not about what you blindly turn all the law into in your ignorance - rituals.

What does Paul say he did?

9. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

15. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

The law was meant to show man - there is something wrong with you, man - you - are - a - sinner - look at how you do the opposite of what I command!

Ceremonial cleansing dealt with that failure - with failure to walk in these deeds that law commanded men to walk in.

But that is two issues under the law - not your one.

One was do this, don't do that... or else!

The other was, here is how to deal with that when you fail at those - when you fail to do this deed, or end up committing this other deed.

You have somehow screwed all that up in your mind as one and the same thing.

When the Lord showed up, he made that even worse!

From actual adultery - which is not a ritual!

To the very thought as adultery - which is also not a ritual - you fool.

Why did He make it worse?

To prove man is incapable of loving God, etc.

You have made the Word of God of none effect in your serious misunderstanding of this issue.

You completely screw up what had been the purpose of the Law - to set off sin!

Romans 5:

20. Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21. That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 7:

7. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

13. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

1 Corinthians 15:

56. The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

God saves those who love Him and we love Him by obeying.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Daniel1611

Of course, we have to believe.

Did you think the scriptures that say believe nullifies those scriptures I gave you that say obey?

It says obey because God said so. That's a good enough reason to obey. But it doesn't say you go to hell if you disobey. If it did everyone would go to hell.

God's Truth

Anytime we disobey God will make sure we get punished on this earth. But not by hell if we believe on Christ alone. Hallelujah

What do you think?

1 Timothy 3:6
He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

Matthew 5:13
[ Salt and Light ] “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

Matthew 8:12
But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Luke 13:28
“There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.
Luke 14:35
It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out. “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

Daniel1611

The verse from Timothy is about Bishops and the other verses are about people who do not believe on Christ
Read the whole passage

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It means work by any law whereby we would think that by it we merit the merit of Christ.
If Paul had meant 'the law of Moses', he would have said 'the' law, but the Greek text does not have the definite article therefore it is any law of human merit.
It's the same with Ro 3:27....no definite article.

'We'/Gentiles were never under the law of Moses.

Faith alone apart from 'works' of law.

Rom 15:8
:BRAVO:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We are made clean by faith in Jesus' shed blood on the cross. The works that used to clean are the ceremonial works the Jews used to have to do to clean themselves just to go to the temple to worship God.

You are Grace and Peace aren't you...remember you cannot lie....

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yep, we must have the righteousness of God!

GT falls short (on her own), and she knows it. But will not humble herself.

She is an abject backslider, I say it with 100 per cent confidence because the way of obeying commands leads to it....it is Paul says the written code which killeth.

Neither does she obey the command to gather together...she is not in fellowship. She is therefore not under submission as the bible tells her she must be.

She is Grace and Peace.

God's Truth

She is an abject backslider, I say it with 100 per cent confidence because the way of obeying commands leads to it....it is Paul says the written code which killeth.

Neither does she obey the command to gather together...she is not in fellowship. She is therefore not under submission as the bible tells her she must be.

She is Grace and Peace.

I am an overcomer.