Theology and Video Games

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey everyone,

Here is my latest episode of "Thursday's Theology." This is one of the last episodes on prayer, so make sure to check it out and let me know what you think!

Here's the link; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nDuIM9rwI4

Have a wonderful and blessed week.

- J
Hi Jeff,

Not sure what your target audience is with videos like this, but here is a little constructive criticism from an elderly lady.

You playing a video game while giving your lesson on prayer was a distraction, especially when you would keep interrupting your lesson on prayer to tell us what you are doing in the video game.
So I, personally, did not like that type format for a prayer lesson.
But that's just my opinion, just not my taste, not my cup of tea.
Other audiences may enjoy it.

Another little thing that you might want to work on is your use of saying "Umm" so many times during your lesson.
You may not notice it when you are speaking, but we notice it when we are listening.
Just to fine tune your speech pattern a little, you might want to listen to your own video and count how many times you say "Umm".
I can recall from my school days (a loooooong time ago) when our teacher would have a buzzer that she would sound every time we said "Umm" in order to help break us from that annoying habit.
That's one thing that is easy to fix with a little practice.

I realize those are not major things of concern, so I hope it did not come off as being too negative.

On the plus side, the point you make about talking and communicating being necessary for a relationship is a good one.
And that communication does indeed need to contain not just the roses, but the thorns as well.

Do you have some other type of format besides playing video games during the lesson?
I have the time to watch and can give feedback if you would like.

And welcome to TOL.