ECT The worm

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Old man: counted by God as crucified; believer by faith is to reckon same.

New man: counted as died with Christ (thereby is dead to sin, law and condemnation) and alive to God forevermore in Christ.

God sees the new man in Christ, in Whom He is created.

God does not see the old man. He is AS GOOD AS dead but is not dead YET because he (sin) still dwells in our members.

Rom 6:13 is a lie if the old man is literally dead.

Now, there's someone who knows how to 'reckon'.

Some reckon, some don't. :idunno:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I didn't say it did. 1 John 1:9 speaks for itself, that's what I quoted, not my words. :)

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Yes, it does speak for itself and it's not speaking TO anyone today!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Again you are arguing against 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Again not my own words, but the words of God. Not seeing your argument, unless you do not believe in what 1John 1:9 is saying????
1 John 1:9 means exactly what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It is just not written to me for my obedience, nor anyone else in the dispensation of the grace of God. It's not our good news. I already stated such in post #18 and showed how it will come to pass to those it concerns (not us).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Again not my own words, but the words of God.
All scripture is the words of God, but if you think it's all to you, about you and for your obedience you are sadly mistaken and it would also be the source of your confusion.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Again, I agree with all the words of God, just not the doctrines of men. OSAS doctrine preaches that ongoing unrepentant sin cannot effect ones eternal security, that is false. I'll talk more on that later.
What sins? Weren't all of your sins put off by the circumcision of Christ? Are not all of your sins forgiven? Which sins of yours (that were all in the future when Christ died) did Christ not die for?

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

heir

TOL Subscriber
Again, I agree with all the words of God, just not the doctrines of men. OSAS doctrine preaches that ongoing unrepentant sin cannot effect ones eternal security, that is false. I'll talk more on that later.
If you didn't do anything to be saved (and you didn't if you are saved) then why do you think you can lose it by what you do? Wasn't your salvation the gift of God by grace through faith?

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I.S.I.T.

Yes, it does speak for itself and it's not speaking TO anyone today!

I disagree. :) 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I.S.I.T.

1 John 1:9 means exactly what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It is just not written to me for my obedience, nor anyone else in the dispensation of the grace of God.

Oh, I get it now, you and others here do not believe certain words of God apply to you. That's probably why I see so many posts about MAD doctrine in the forum. I also consider MAD doctrine the doctrines of men as well, but to each his own.

For me I believe---->>>>2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

I.S.I.T.

All scripture is the words of God, but if you think it's all to you, about you and for your obedience you are sadly mistaken and it would also be the source of your confusion.

God is not the author of confusion 1 Corinthians 14:33 :)

I.S.I.T.

Are not all of your sins forgiven?

I was speaking of those who fall away from the faith by ongoing unrepentant sin= willfully sinning after receiving the Holy Spirit, they can be lost, the words of God are very clear on this.

Hebrews 6:4-8

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Last edited:

I.S.I.T.

If you didn't do anything to be saved (and you didn't if you are saved) then why do you think you can lose it by what you do? Wasn't your salvation the gift of God by grace through faith?

No doubt we are saved by grace through faith,and yes it is a gift, but the grace of God is not given as a permission slip to keep on sinning. It is also written that under grace sin shall not have dominion over you,(Romans 6:14) but few preach that part in red because they support salvation even with unrepentant, wilful and ongoing sin, that's the big deception.

Many have turned the true gospel of grace message into a license to sin, like here in Jude 1:4 "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

As in your works you can also deny the Lord....Titus 1:16 "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

One of the biggest warnings to believers in prophecy we are given in scripture has to do with a falling away from the faith, there are numerous warnings to believers about remaining faithful and ceasing from sinful behavior. To ignore all the warnings and remain in wilful rebellion against the words of God is not a very wise decision.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I disagree. :) 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Oh, I get it now, you and others here do not believe certain words of God apply to you. That's probably why I see so many posts about MAD doctrine in the forum. I also consider MAD doctrine the doctrines of men as well, but to each his own.

For me I believe---->>>>2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...(2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). It means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us. The Lord in M, M, L and John was not sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV) as a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (Romans 15:8 KJV). We Gentiles at that time were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

Paul is the chosen vessel of the Lord where we are concerned given the dispensation of the grace of God to us-ward (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). We follow him in doctrine (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). We must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

heir

TOL Subscriber
I was speaking of those who fall away from the faith by ongoing unrepentant sin= willfully sinning after receiving the Holy Spirit, they can be lost, the words of God are very clear on this.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
What makes you think that is talking about anyone today? Why don't you believe that saved members of the Body of Christ are already partakers of Christ by the gospel?

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

DAN P

Hi and the Body of Christ is NEVER called Thorns and Briers and Paul did not write Matthew nor are we GRAFTED into Israel nor in the New Covenant ours as in Jer 31:31=34 !!

This why we call all that have FALLEN FROM GRACE , ACCURSED and PERVERT the Gospel of God !!

dan p

dan p

I.S.I.T.

It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us. The Lord in M, M, L and John was not sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV)

I once had a "Hyper gracer" tell me the words of Jesus are not a part of the New Testament, so Jesus' words do not apply to them. I also found that notion like yours to be ridiculous, as all the apostles taught the gospel of Jesus Christ= New Testament

This gospel Jesus taught was to be taught to all nations, and in the whole world.

Luke 4:18
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 13:10
And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Acts 15:7
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Romans 1:9
For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 15:19
Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Romans 15:29
And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:12
If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

2 Corinthians 2:12
Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,

2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2 Corinthians 10:14
For we stretch not ourselves beyond our measure, as though we reached not unto you: for we are come as far as to you also in preaching the gospel of Christ:

Galatians 1:7
Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

SHOCK ALERT!!!!

Galatians 3:8
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Ephesians 3:6
That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: :)