ECT The worm

I.S.I.T.

In Mark 9:43-48 we read “ And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.”

Their worm that does not die is sin. Jesus said in John 8:24 “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

So the removal of sin is necessary so we do not die in our sins. And that is where Jesus came in for us, who was also made to be sin for us. 2 Corinthians 5:21 “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

Which is also why Jesus is shown as a worm in Psalm 22:6 “But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.”

The word worm there in Psalm 22 is Strongs H8438 shown in the following manner: scarlet (34x), worm (8x), crimson (1x). Bible usage…worm, scarlet stuff, crimson, worm - the female 'coccus ilicis', scarlet stuff, crimson, scarlet, the dye made from the dried body of the female of the worm "coccus ilicis".

There are some interesting symbolisms found in this worm “coccus ilicis” But the message here in the color is significant in unlocking the mystery of why we see a Red Dragon, and scarlet colored beast in scripture.
The reason being is because the Lord showed sin in mankind as red, just as Adam means “earthy, red”

Notice what the Lord says here in Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”

Our old sinful man was to be crucified with Jesus, thus destroying the body of sin. Romans 6:6 “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”

And when we are raised up a new man in Christ and washed, we are given new white garments which are meant to be kept clean from being spotted by the deeds of the flesh, which is sin.

DAN P

In Mark 9:43-48 we read “ And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.”

Their worm that does not die is sin. Jesus said in John 8:24 “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

So the removal of sin is necessary so we do not die in our sins. And that is where Jesus came in for us, who was also made to be sin for us. 2 Corinthians 5:21 “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

Which is also why Jesus is shown as a worm in Psalm 22:6 “But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.”

The word worm there in Psalm 22 is Strongs H8438 shown in the following manner: scarlet (34x), worm (8x), crimson (1x). Bible usage…worm, scarlet stuff, crimson, worm - the female 'coccus ilicis', scarlet stuff, crimson, scarlet, the dye made from the dried body of the female of the worm "coccus ilicis".

There are some interesting symbolisms found in this worm “coccus ilicis” But the message here in the color is significant in unlocking the mystery of why we see a Red Dragon, and scarlet colored beast in scripture.
The reason being is because the Lord showed sin in mankind as red, just as Adam means “earthy, red”

Notice what the Lord says here in Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”

Our old sinful man was to be crucified with Jesus, thus destroying the body of sin. Romans 6:6 “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”

And when we are raised up a new man in Christ and washed, we are given new white garments which are meant to be kept clean from being spotted by the deeds of the flesh, which is sin.

Hi and the Greek WORM / SK0LEX is a Greek transliterated word with many meaning ;

#1 , It can mean MAGGOTS !

#2 , Or earth worms !!

#3 , A Grub !!

#4 , The kind that PREYS on dead bodies !

#5, tHE context is about the nation of Israel !!

#6 This is NOT about the Body of Christ !!

#7 These must be special WORMS as the PRESENT TENSE by context NEVER DIE !!

#8 We are saved by BEING "in Christ Gal 3:28 and not by cutting OFF BODY PARTS !!

DAN P

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

:carryon:

I.S.I.T.

Look at the word H8438 used in both Psalm 22:6 and Isaiah 1:18 concerning sin

Psalm 22:6...But I am a worm, H8438 and no man; H376 a reproach H2781 of men, H120 and despised H959 of the people. H5971

Isaiah 1:18...Come now, H3212 and let us reason together, H3198 saith H559 the LORD: H3068 though your sins H2399 be as scarlet, H8144 they shall be as white H3835 as snow; H7950 though they be red H119 like crimson, H8438 they shall be as wool. H6785

The above shows the connection between sin being like the crimson worm H8438. Natural worms die, but Jesus was speaking of personal sins "their worm" which shall never die.

Jesus was speaking of the importance of the removal of sin by using a parable about removal of sin as like the removal of body parts. Paul spoke of the same when he referred to sin working in our members= body parts. Which is why he also called it the body of sin and death.

So removal of sin is necessary, and can only accomplished by being made a new man in Christ, in whom there is no sin.

DAN P

Look at the word H8438 used in both Psalm 22:6 and Isaiah 1:18 concerning sin

Psalm 22:6...But I am a worm, H8438 and no man; H376 a reproach H2781 of men, H120 and despised H959 of the people. H5971

Isaiah 1:18...Come now, H3212 and let us reason together, H3198 saith H559 the LORD: H3068 though your sins H2399 be as scarlet, H8144 they shall be as white H3835 as snow; H7950 though they be red H119 like crimson, H8438 they shall be as wool. H6785

The above shows the connection between sin being like the crimson worm H8438. Natural worms die, but Jesus was speaking of personal sins "their worm" which shall never die.

Jesus was speaking of the importance of the removal of sin by using a parable about removal of sin as like the removal of body parts. Paul spoke of the same when he referred to sin working in our members= body parts. Which is why he also called it the body of sin and death.

So removal of sin is necessary, and can only accomplished by being made a new man in Christ, in whom there is no sin.

Hi and Paul is the ONLY ONE THAT writes about a New Man in Eph 2:15 and under the Law of Moses and the 12 apostles never talked about the New Man which is called the Body of Christ !!

dan p

I.S.I.T.

Hi and Paul is the ONLY ONE THAT writes about a New Man in Eph 2:15 and under the Law of Moses and the 12 apostles never talked about the New Man which is called the Body of Christ !!

dan p

How bout Peter....1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

I.S.I.T.

You don't think you are washed and raised up now?

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

DAN P

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Hi and we are saved by Christ and the natural Man still has the Old Man living in all of us , that is the difference !!

Do you still sin , ??

How many times can a person CONFESS his sins ??

Do you believe in OSAS ??

dan p

I.S.I.T.

Hi and we are saved by Christ and the natural Man still has the Old Man living in all of us , that is the difference !!

Do you still sin , ??

How many times can a person CONFESS his sins ??

Do you believe in OSAS ??

dan p

If the old man of sin is put to death in us then he is still not alive, unless of course he was never really "put to death", or perhaps he has been revived again.

And what I am, and what you are, does not make the words of God any less true. So I like to prove all things by the words of God.

Also I do not believe in the doctrine of OSAS, nor do I follow the doctrines of any man, nor have I been taught by man, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

DAN P

I.S.I.T.;47 Also I do not believe in the doctrine of OSAS said:
Hi and IF you believe in Gal 3:28 you HAVE to believe in OSAS !!

So tell what Gal 3:28 really means ??

If you can NOT I will tell you , so say YES or NO !!

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
:up: This is right where we are concerned!

This has nothing to do with what Romans 6 is talking about! We are quickened together with Christ! Check it out!

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

When was Christ quickened?

heir

TOL Subscriber
We have nothing in need of forgiveness as we have been forgiven all trespasses!

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Again, look at that: "quickened together with Him"! When was that?

I'll tell you when! It was when God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing our trespasses unto us!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Have you trusted the Lord believing His finished work that it may be put to your account?

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

heir

TOL Subscriber

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

What you need is Christ's righteousness. It is unto all and upon all them that believe!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Believe what? Believe the gospel of Christ, where the righteousness of God is revealed

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The gospel of Christ is declared here by the apostle Paul, to whom it was given by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV):

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9 means exactly what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It is just not written to me for my obedience, nor anyone else in the dispensation of the grace of God. It's not our good news.

1 John 1:9 will happen in that day when a fountain is opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and uncleaness.

Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

"That day" would be what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (the Body of Christ has already been caught up to meet the Lord in the air 1 Thes. 4:16-18 KJV).

This is in one accord with what Peter preached in Acts 3:

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Act 3:19-21 has nothing to do with the Body of Christ. Israel looks forward to the blotting out of their sins. That's what it says. For that is God's covenant unto them when He shall take awy their sins.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Israel looks forward to their sins being blotted out while we in the Body of Christ look back to the cross. We have already received the atonement.

Romans 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If the old man of sin is put to death in us then he is still not alive, unless of course he was never really "put to death", or perhaps he has been revived again.
It's a done deal! Our old man is crucified with Christ!

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Also I do not believe in the doctrine of OSAS,
All who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation are saved and sealed!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

That's eternal security if I ever heard it! And so is this:

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. ( see also Eph 1:4 KJV)

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Romans 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Romans 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Not believing in eternal security of the believer today is to wrongly divide the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV) and/or listening to the religious, denominational deceitful worker (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV).