The Vicarious Life and Death of Christ for the Believer

clefty

Oh, it's still binding to those who have not been delivered from it.

Rom. 7:6

“But now we have been delivered from the law,” is not saying the Law is abolished...we are delivered from the consequences of breaking the still binding Law

“having died to what we were held by,” is not saying the Law is dead...it remains

“so that we should serve” serve how? By keeping of the Law

“in the newness of the Spirit” which aids us in that serving

“and not in the oldness of the letter.“ because it is written in our hearts and minds...to keep...and it’s the same Law

You err insisting the Spirit leads us contrary to the Law rather than by it...

the Spirit is leading us into its keeping...to DO the Father’s Will...not shirk from it

Is why “here are they that KEEP the commandments”...

“We establish the Law” well not you and yours...you are lawless and do what thou whilst...man’s traditions

So again...we are not delivered from the Law but from the consequences of breaking that still binding Law...and HOW? We are delivered by Him when we are IN HIM...and how are we IN HIM...by abiding in His love...IF YOU LOVE ME do what?

It’s not just crying out “LORD! LORD!” But those that what?

DO HIS FATHER’S WILL...

Like it says in Revelations...keep the faith OF Jesus...not just IN Him...

Hold fast...endure...overcome...follow Him...to the end...

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
“But now we have been delivered from the law,” is not saying the Law is abolished...we are delivered from the consequences of breaking the still binding Law

“having died to what we were held by,” is not saying the Law is dead...it remains

“in the newness of the Spirit” which aids us in that serving

“and not in the oldness of the letter.“ because it is written in our hearts and minds...to keep...and it’s the same Law

You err insisting the Spirit leads us contrary to the Law rather than by it...

the Spirit is leading us into its keeping...to DO the Father’s Will...not shirk from it

Is why “here are they that KEEP the commandments”...

“We establish the Law” well not you and yours...you are lawless and do what thou whilst...man’s traditions

So again...we are not delivered from the Law but from the consequences of breaking that still binding Law...and HOW? We are delivered by Him when we are IN HIM...and how are we IN HIM...by abiding in His love...IF YOU LOVE ME do what?

It’s not just crying out “LORD! LORD!” But those that what?

DO HIS FATHER’S WILL...

Like it says in Revelations...keep the faith OF Jesus...not just IN Him...

Hold fast...endure...overcome...follow Him...to the end...

The scripture still stands and is God's word.

"The law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient" 1 Timothy 1:9.

The born again Christian does not live by laws and rules. He is led by the Holy Spirit, who is his teacher and his guide, John 16:13. The reason that people want to live according to the law is because they are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit. All that they have is the law. The law does not save, nor does the law justify. I am sorry to say that they are under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

The Spirit led Christian has confidence in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. He firmly believes that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15 and that he did that in his name and on his behalf.

The Spirit led Christian believes that Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness, Romans 10:4. He also believes that in his name and on his behalf, Jesus fulfill every jot and tittle of the law, Matthew 5:18. Having fulfilled the law, he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. No need for the written law. The spiritual law has been written on his heart by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10.

The Spirit led Christian has entered into Christ rest, Hebrews 4:10. He is no longer trying to be good enough to be saved, because he knows that he is already saved. He believes that he is already perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

clefty

The scripture still stands and is God's word.

"The law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient" 1 Timothy 1:9.

The born again Christian does not live by laws and rules. He is led by the Holy Spirit, who is his teacher and his guide, John 16:13. The reason that people want to live according to the law is because they are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit. All that they have is the law. The law does not save, nor does the law justify. I am sorry to say that they are under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

The Spirit led Christian has confidence in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. He firmly believes that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15 and that he did that in his name and on his behalf.

The Spirit led Christian believes that Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness, Romans 10:4. He also believes that in his name and on his behalf, Jesus fulfill every jot and tittle of the law, Matthew 5:18. Having fulfilled the law, he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. No need for the written law. The spiritual law has been written on his heart by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10.

The Spirit led Christian has entered into Christ rest, Hebrews 4:10. He is no longer trying to be good enough to be saved, because he knows that he is already saved. He believes that he is already perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

And the same or different than those not in Christ?

Does it even matter to you?

Robert Pate

Banned
And the same or different than those not in Christ?

Does it even matter to you?

Those that are not "In Christ" will be judged by the law and condemned.

Are you trusting in your ability to keep the law, or are you trusting in Christ to deliver you from the law.

"But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that that we should serve in NEWNESS OF THE SPIRIT, and not in the oldness of the letter (law). Romans 7:6.

clefty

Those that are not "In Christ" will be judged by the law and condemned.

Are you trusting in your ability to keep the law, or are you trusting in Christ to deliver you from the law.

"But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that that we should serve in NEWNESS OF THE SPIRIT, and not in the oldness of the letter (law). Romans 7:6.

Are you more like Him His ways or more like the world and your own old ways...before you were IN HIM...

Are you now abiding in His love...

And how? How do we abide IN HIM?

Robert Pate

Banned
Are you more like Him His ways or more like the world and your own old ways...before you were IN HIM...

Are you now abiding in His love...

And how? How do we abide IN HIM?

I am not trying to be like him. That is impossible.

I am trying to trust and rely upon him more. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. I want that and what he has done to become a reality in my life.

"For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

clefty

I am not trying to be like him. That is impossible.
odd the request was to do so by both Him and Paul...

I am trying to trust and rely upon him more. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. I want that and what he has done to become a reality in my life.
well you will see it as others will by what you say and do...your wanting should motivate you out of gratitude to DO as He instructed and exemplified for His people...

If you love Him that is...

"For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

Yes you should walk in them as He did...JUST AS

His work is in us to do so...until we follow Him...His way His Faith walk...

WWJD? Do that...

Robert Pate

Banned
odd the request was to do so by both Him and Paul...

well you will see it as others will by what you say and do...your wanting should motivate you out of gratitude to DO as He instructed and exemplified for His people...

If you love Him that is...

Yes you should walk in them as He did...JUST AS

His work is in us to do so...until we follow Him...His way His Faith walk...

WWJD? Do that...

The Christian life is a life of gratitude for what Christ has done for us. We rest in his work and not our own works, Hebrews 4:10.

clefty

The Christian life is a life of gratitude for what Christ has done for us. We rest in his work and not our own works, Hebrews 4:10.

He rested for one day...and was refreshed...and then there was much more to do...unless you are dead then you are entered into a rest...awaiting your reward

Your own works are not what saves you but what you are rewarded for...if you endure...

It’s faith AND works...if you love KEEP my commandments...

You ignore that once saved we are not of this world and are to live to bring Him GLORY as our gratitude...

You know death to ourselves our former ways and now downing the works He has for us to do...so take up His yoke...it is light but still a yoke...for to do you work He has begun in you...there is a harvest there is much to do...and you must endure to the end

And your reward which He brings...for you works

clefty

Oh and BTW just curious as to what your gratitude looks like...what behaviors it motivates...

Do you give thanks and gratitude to Him when you covet? Or steal?

How about when you lie all day on the TOL with your “do what thou whilst...you merely rest”...

Is it praise and honor to him when you commit adultery...”this affair is ok baby doll...I am resting in Him...I’ll give praise and honor to Him when we are done and that we are able to do this because of what He did for us...”...?

How is the Christian life expressed as gratitude when you kill someone? “Thanks for what You did for me but he had it coming” ?

Anything seperate your behavior from that of the world?

Just curious as to how this christian life of gratitude looks like...if there was any change at all from when you where not IN HIM...

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Oh and BTW just curious as to what your gratitude looks like...what behaviors it motivates...

Do you give thanks and gratitude to Him when you covet? Or steal?

How about when you lie all day on the TOL with your “do what thou whilst...you merely rest”...

Is it praise and honor to him when you commit adultery...”this affair is ok baby doll...I am resting in Him...I’ll give praise and honor to Him when we are done and that we are able to do this because of what He did for us...”...?

How is the Christian life expressed as gratitude when you kill someone? “Thanks for what You did for me but he had it coming” ?

Anything seperate your behavior from that of the world?

Just curious as to how this christian life of gratitude looks like...if there was any change at all from when you where not IN HIM...

The Holy Spirit will not lead a Christian into sin, but the law will, Romans 7:9. Living by the Holy Spirit is the best and highest way that a Christian can live. The Holy Spirit is what draws us to Christ and shows us the Gospel, John 15:26 also John 16:13-15.

clefty

The Holy Spirit will not lead a Christian into sin, but the law will, Romans 7:9. Living by the Holy Spirit is the best and highest way that a Christian can live. The Holy Spirit is what draws us to Christ and shows us the Gospel, John 15:26 also John 16:13-15.

Yes so what does living by the Holy Spirit look like...I see many Christians living many different ways...

And you think the Spirit leads outside the Law...allowing one to sin?

glorydaz

I didn't say the law was abolished. The law's PURPOSE has never been to make men righteous, or to justify men, or to give men eternal life. It's purpose is to show men their guilt, and lead them to faith in Christ Jesus.

We don't serve God by law keeping. We serve God by trusting in Him.

clefty

I didn't say the law was abolished. The law's PURPOSE has never been to make men righteous, or to justify men, or to give men eternal life. It's purpose is to show men their guilt, and lead them to faith in Christ Jesus.
even Satan has faith in Christ Jesus...but He is clear on what we are to do if we love Him...

We don't serve God by law keeping. We serve God by trusting in Him.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’
shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. trusts me.”
Mat 7:21

There changed it for you...

Even Satan trusts Him to be a Savior...

Robert Pate

Banned
even Satan has faith in Christ Jesus...but He is clear on what we are to do if we love Him...

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’
shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. trusts me.”
Mat 7:21

There changed it for you...

Even Satan trusts Him to be a Savior...

The will of the Father is that you believe and trust in his Son Jesus Christ. Plus nothing.

If you do that he will give you his Holy Spirit that will cause you to do good works and make you a Christian, Ephesians 2:10.

Don't muddle up your faith with religion.

clefty

The will of the Father is that you believe and trust in his Son Jesus Christ. Plus nothing.

If you do that he will give you his Holy Spirit that will cause you to do good works and make you a Christian, Ephesians 2:10.

Don't muddle up your faith with religion.

Belief and trust in our Master is demonstrated how?

Yes to do the good works the Spirit causes you to do which include following Him His faith walk doing as He did...copy me as I copy Christ Paul instructed...

Much easier to wear His yoke and do His way when we have faith and trust in Him our Master...and are led by the in dwelling Spirit to do so

It remains faith without works is dead...

If you Love Him

Robert Pate

Banned
Belief and trust in our Master is demonstrated how?

Yes to do the good works the Spirit causes you to do which include following Him His faith walk doing as He did...copy me as I copy Christ Paul instructed...

Much easier to wear His yoke and do His way when we have faith and trust in Him our Master...and are led by the in dwelling Spirit to do so

It remains faith without works is dead...

If you Love Him

Anything that we do is a work of the law. The only works that God will acknowledge are works that are done out of love and gratitude for what Christ has done for us. This is a work of the Spirit.

All other works are worthless.

john w

Hall of Fame
What happened to that trash talker, John W? I guess he went back to the pit.

Shut your big, dung full mouth, you wicked, vile hater of the Lord Jesus Christ, disgusting perverter of the gospel of Christ, who, on record, asserts that the Saviour did not die for our sin debt, but, instead, satanically asserts that we are saved not by Him dying for our sin debt, but that God destroyed the law, so that there is no sin debt for which the Saviour must die.

You vile demon.

Get off this site, as we smell your litter, sulfur, admitted Jew hater.t

clefty

Anything that we do is a work of the law.
this is getting rediculous...”anything we do is a work of the law”...the law you claim is abolished...and what does anything we do refer to? And what does work mean?

The only works that God will acknowledge are works that are done out of love and gratitude for what Christ has done for us.
so stealing out of love and gratitude is ok? How about killing...fornication...idoalatry?

This is a work of the Spirit.
pagans keep the law too...they have their own dont steal kill commit adultery etc laws...but are they doing it to the glory of God?

All other works are worthless.
worthless according to...and towards what? Earning salvation? Or because we have it already? Again which works?...

I know my standard for what is His and His Way and what He did and instructed done...but what is yours?

You really are all over the place on this...

Better go and rethink it ok?