The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

Calvinists teach that God saves unbelievers and those who hate Him.

Nah. That's what God says: "While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). Imagine that!

"For if, while we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!"(Romans 8:10) Imagine that!

lifeisgood

[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION], drbrumley's still waiting for your response to #22386 and #22387
popsthebuilder is also expecting your response to post # 23401

drbrumley

Nah. That's what God says: "While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). Imagine that!

"For if, while we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!"(Romans 8:10) Imagine that!

Amen!!!!

God's Truth

While we were still enemies and sinners is about Gentiles being saved and not having to get circumcised in the flesh.

Just ask me for the scripture if you don't know it.

drbrumley

A man may change his mind about his sins and yet not turn to God. He may turn to something else. But the man who acknowledges the gospel to be God's message of salvation and trusts Jesus Christ as his Savior must of necessity in so doing both change his mind and turn to God in the act of faith.

drbrumley

The Greek words for repent and repentance occur 58 times in the New Testament, and it would appear highly significant that Paul's epistles contain only five references to the word (Romans 2:4; 2 Corinthians 7:9, 10; 12:21; and 2 Timothy 2:25). The other 53 occurrences of the word are in those Scriptures which deal primarily with the nation of Israel in covenant relationship to God. Israel, being a covenant people already, were not told to repent in order to become a covenant people. As a covenant people who had strayed away from God they are called upon to change their minds, to turn back to God. This fact indicates that the major usage of the word refers not to becoming saved but to an adjustment of those who are already in covenant relation to God

lifeisgood

You're so predictable, I had already told you 'would not believe me'.

The church you say you were saved at is Reformed, is it not? lol

To tell you the truth, I had/have no idea.

Anyone can obey God.

The Bible CONTRADICTS your false doctrine.

Romans 3:10 - There is no one righteous, not even one;
Romans 3:11 - there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God.

God comes looking for sinners. A sinner NEVER goes looking for God. That is what the Bible says.

Jesus even says that if someone does not know if they believe him, they can obey and they will find out. See John 7:17.

Here you go again TWISTING scripture to fit your false doctrine.

Why do you keep saying 'unbeliever'? God will not even say you unless you obey and believe, or believe and obey. Makes no difference what you do first, but you have to do both.

As stated above the Bible CONTRADICTS your false doctrine.

You don't have access to that grace unless you obey and believe.

One more time the Bible CONTRADICTS your false doctrine.

What you say about me is not truth.

That is YOUR opinion and YOUR opinion is noted.

Jesus saves us all on his own

I have told you many times I agree that Jesus saves SINNERS all on His own.

and he chooses to save those who obey him.

Therefore, you, gt, DENYING WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did is ALL SUFFICIENT to save the worst of sinner.

You, gt, teach that the SINNER has to HELP the perfect, atoning, vicarious, sacrificial, completed/finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

lifeisgood

While we were still enemies and sinners is about Gentiles being saved and not having to get circumcised in the flesh.

So, your FALSE DOCTRINE preaches that 'still enemies and sinners' has absolutely nothing to do with non-Jews. Got it.

Just ask me for the scripture if you don't know it.

ROFLSmiley.gif

God's Truth

@ God's Truth;

In reference to the repentance that GOD did do; does the word repented mean stopped/ turned from/ or does it mean GOD stopped sinning?
If you go by the KJV, as Tambora is going by, then God stopped/turned from the evil that He was going to do.

Exodus 32:14
King James Bible
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

That is about God stopping/repenting what He thought of doing.

2 Samuel 24:16 King James Bible
And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.

Psalm 106:45 King James Bible
And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.

Johah 3:10 King James Bible
And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Tambora keep on trying to get out of the fact that WE HUMANS have to repent/stop sinning.

Every time I speak of what GOD TELLS US TO DO, she comes up with some way to get out of it.

I know your answer and am sorry to have to ask you like this. But it seems needed to quite others who would love to prove you wrong though you are not.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I have been setting the others straight for years now on this, sorry you missed where I have already answered them many times. WE HAVE TO REPENT/STOP SINNING. How did you get that I haven't been trying to quite others and their falseness?

God's Truth

A man may change his mind about his sins and yet not turn to God.

Okay,

He may turn to something else. But the man who acknowledges the gospel to be God's message of salvation and trusts Jesus Christ as his Savior must of necessity in so doing both change his mind and turn to God in the act of faith.

How many times do you have to be told by me that I preach and teach we have to BELIEVE AND OBEY GOD?

Where do you ever get that means not obey God?

Where do you ever get that means not believe God?

In the future, if you want me to answer a post, make sure you quote me so that I could find it more easily.

God's Truth

The Greek words for repent and repentance occur 58 times in the New Testament, and it would appear highly significant that Paul's epistles contain only five references to the word (Romans 2:4; 2 Corinthians 7:9, 10; 12:21; and 2 Timothy 2:25).

And? It only takes one scripture. Jesus says no scripture can be put aside.
The other 53 occurrences of the word are in those Scriptures which deal primarily with the nation of Israel in covenant relationship to God.

All are Spiritual Israel when they come to God through Jesus in faith. That makes Abraham our father.

IF ABRAHAM IS OUR FATHER---then that makes us ISRAEL.

Don't you know that Israel is a son of Abraham?

Israel, being a covenant people already, were not told to repent in order to become a covenant people.

What? Whoya! You got that wrong.

Don't you know that there were Jews who got cut off?

Don't you even know that Jesus came for the Jews who first repented with the baptism of repentance that John preached? Jesus would not have come if the people did not first repent.

As a covenant people who had strayed away from God they are called upon to change their minds, to turn back to God.

No way.

They were people who ALREADY belonged to God by faith.

The rest of the Jews were cut off and hardened so that they could not hear and understand Jesus while he walked the earth. Those Jews were bound over to the place of disobedient Gentiles.

You need a complete repenting of everything you think you know. I have had to do that myself. You are in dire need of help, as many here are.

The lost sheep are people who needed a Shepherd that was right and not wrong as those of Israel were.

The lost sheep of Israel are those who already belonged to God by faith; God gave them to Jesus. They now had to go through Jesus to remain God's. Jesus said he would not lose one that God gave him.

This fact indicates that the major usage of the word refers not to becoming saved but to an adjustment of those who are already in covenant relation to God

There is a NEW COVENANT given by Jesus.

I would like to help you. I am patient and kind and would like to show you the Way.

popsthebuilder

If you go by the KJV, as Tambora is going by, then God stopped/turned from the evil that He was going to do.

Exodus 32:14
King James Bible
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

That is about God stopping/repenting what He thought of doing.

2 Samuel 24:16 King James Bible
And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.

Psalm 106:45 King James Bible
And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.

Johah 3:10 King James Bible
And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Tambora keep on trying to get out of the fact that WE HUMANS have to repent/stop sinning.

Every time I speak of what GOD TELLS US TO DO, she comes up with some way to get out of it.

I have been setting the others straight for years now on this, sorry you missed where I have already answered them many times. WE HAVE TO REPENT/STOP SINNING. How did you get that I haven't been trying to quite others and their falseness?

"How did you get that I haven't been trying to quite others and their falseness?"

I didn't.

I just wanted to stop them from misrepresenting both you and the truth, similarly to what you want I would guess.

Thank you sincerely for coming through even beyond what I expected.

Awesome response.

peace

drbrumley

And? It only takes one scripture. Jesus says no scripture can be put aside.

All are Spiritual Israel when they come to God through Jesus in faith. That makes Abraham our father.

IF ABRAHAM IS OUR FATHER---then that makes us ISRAEL.

Don't you know that Israel is a son of Abraham?

What? Whoya! You got that wrong.

Don't you know that there were Jews who got cut off?

Don't you even know that Jesus came for the Jews who first repented with the baptism of repentance that John preached? Jesus would not have come if the people did not first repent.

No way.

They were people who ALREADY belonged to God by faith.

The rest of the Jews were cut off and hardened so that they could not hear and understand Jesus while he walked the earth. Those Jews were bound over to the place of disobedient Gentiles.

You need a complete repenting of everything you think you know. I have had to do that myself. You are in dire need of help, as many here are.

The lost sheep are people who needed a Shepherd that was right and not wrong as those of Israel were.

The lost sheep of Israel are those who already belonged to God by faith; God gave them to Jesus. They now had to go through Jesus to remain God's. Jesus said he would not lose one that God gave him.

There is a NEW COVENANT given by Jesus.

I would like to help you. I am patient and kind and would like to show you the Way.

Now I understand it....you are part of the reformation movement. What church do you attend? church of Christ? Calvary Chapels? Christian Churches?

God's Truth

"How did you get that I haven't been trying to quite others and their falseness?"

I didn't.

I just wanted to stop them from misrepresenting both you and the truth, similarly to what you want I would guess.

Thank you sincerely for coming through even beyond what I expected.

Awesome response.

peace

I admit that I worry sometimes that you might believe their untruths about me.

God warns us to watch our lives and our doctrine closely.

I admit sometimes I am concerned that they will lead you into their confusion.

That is why I was so worried when you didn't seem to see that I have been trying to quite them.

You always end up reassuring me though.

May it always be so.

Amen.