The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God tells us many times that we have to repent of our sins and that means to stop sinning.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.
The word "repented" does not mean "stopped sinning" as you have repeatedly claimed.
GOD repented.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The subject is the literal meaning of the word 'repent', and all you offer is subterfuge.
She loves her lie that the word "repented" means "stopped sinning" more than she loves the truth.

Exodus 32:14
(14) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

The word "repented" does NOT mean "stopped sinning".

popsthebuilder

One anti-Trinitarian debate is sufficient for my purposes.

If you do not deny the Trinity then you affirm all that I have discussed here and elsewhere. If you have some scruples about what I have written, that is whatever you mean by the use of per se, then outline them herein plainly...as I have done in the previous debate for all to examine. Feel free to quote from that debate on the points that you hold in disagreement.

By the way, it is, "I do not deny the Trinity, per se." versus what you wrote above.

AMR

I'm simply confused as to why you didn't agree with me only to come back and agree with me later.

I already told you that we seemed to agree based on you eventual response. The fact that you argued against a non existent point and outright disagreed about a thing and then flip flopped is sorta weird. I already told you that I couldn't access the link.

You insinuating that I am lying and wrong even when you don't understand me is not something to debate against any way.

By the way; if I believe similarly to you and you are a trinny, then wouldn't that be more of a trinity thread than anti trinity?

As far as you correcting my grammar goes; you understood the point. I appreciate you attempting to correct me with my usage of per say or whatever, but if it hasn't stuck in 36 years then it may not ever.

So basically if you can't be bothered to actually type responses in this thread as opposed to highlighting your self from another then perhaps you should go back to not posting at all.

You may think it has some worth; and maybe it does. But if you can't see it then what is it worth for reading? If it is cherry picked out of another thread then how is going to fit nicely in this one? Do what you want, but every time you do that it makes you look as if you are shining a spotlight on yourself....maybe that is the desired effect, but I would hope not.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

You simply do not read well. You continue to overlook the individuation aspect in my posts. Did you take the time to read the links related to anhypostatic and enhypostatic in my earlier post?

You assume a demeanor in this thread that you hope to be taken as discerning and clever. You like to be quick with the "Gotchas!". That may play well with the casual poster here and there, but if you intend to have an edifying discussion with me, you will have to drop the tactic.

AMR
Tactic? There is none to be spoken of.

What don't you get about the truth being simple.

If I have to click a link and learn a word and then another and then change the definition of another them go back and attempt to read them something is really wrong.

If you cannot speak in laymen's terms then you do not know what you are talking about. If you cannot explain it in laymen's terms then you cannot explain it and do not understand it.

There is no tactic whatsoever.

Simple truth; either you have it or you don't.

popsthebuilder

Pops, you can't even decide what you believe much less debate it. You are lesser than another....not even ready for the simplest truths. Your first step would be to believe what is written instead of making up your own book. You simply can't do that.
More baseless unsubstantiated claims from the mouthpeice speaking only for reward

popsthebuilder

Pops, you can't even decide what you believe much less debate it. You are lesser than another....not even ready for the simplest truths. Your first step would be to believe what is written instead of making up your own book. You simply can't do that.
I'll bet you don't even know what you said there that goes against scripture

popsthebuilder

Actually, what I know is what the evidence supports. And I am willing to stake something significant upon it.

You, on the other hand, prefer to rest in your own imagination, unwilling to put what you think you know to the test of what others think you know.

And you pointedly ignore the full content of my post, as relates to your underhanded implications in my direction. So when you are whining about how badly you are spoken about by others, remember that when you draw blood, the privilege of responding in kind should not be denied, nor hypocritically complained about afterwards.

AMR
Soooo.....no turn the other cheek?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
But it can be deduced unlike the word persons in relation to GOD.

But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk.And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts. - Revelation 9:20-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation9:20-21&version=NKJV

That doesn't sound like "stop" to me.
859396537c89408abc74ce17aaf11c48.jpg
35cd6c7c1cd0d892a2d41d3a508d74fd.jpg
52b06a51689179c9861911925c7f8384.jpg
1073be39a750647d37957057b747e7ea.jpg

popsthebuilder

She loves her lie that the word "repented" means "stopped sinning" more than she loves the truth.

Exodus 32:14
(14) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

The word "repented" does NOT mean "stopped sinning".
Does mean stop though.

And as far as humans go, it indeed can and does refer to changing nature and stopping sinning.

popsthebuilder

But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk.And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts. - Revelation 9:20-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation9:20-21&version=NKJV

That doesn't sound like "stop" to me.
859396537c89408abc74ce17aaf11c48.jpg
35cd6c7c1cd0d892a2d41d3a508d74fd.jpg
52b06a51689179c9861911925c7f8384.jpg
1073be39a750647d37957057b747e7ea.jpg
So you think scripture was telling them to continue in the works of their hands?

Come on man...snap out of it.

You prefer change to stop though both apply here and change doesn't apply to GOD.

understood

popsthebuilder

Correct.
It never means "stop".
And it most certainly doesn't mean stopped sinning, as scripture tells us many times that GOD repents.
GT's insistence that it means "stopped sinning" has GOD as a sinner that needed to stop sinning.
But, as usual, GT prefers her lies over scripture.
Knowledge of the truth is unacceptable to her.
Revelation 16: 11. And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

(Both stopped and turned from both apply here)

Jonah 3: 8. But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands. 9. Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not? 10. And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

(Turned from and stopped both fit here)

1 Chronicles 21: 14. So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men. 15. And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

(Stopped/ turned from both work here)

Psalm 106: 43. Many times did he deliver them; but they provoked him with their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity. 44. Nevertheless he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry: 45. And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.

(Stopped works here)

Genesis 6: 6. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

(Wow; I almost forgot that repentance is akin to shame or sorrow, or that sorrow of a godly sort brings about repentance (stopping g and turning from a thing)

2 Corinthians 12: 21. And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.
( Stop/ turn from)

I can continue if need be

popsthebuilder

I know well, with a certainty, those things shown me by GOD. I generally can discern sacred texts well thanks to GOD. Somethings such as genealogies, needless divisions, and vain imaginings, divination, and pagan practices, readers, fortune tellers, I intentionally, actively stay away from. Things such as the passover, water baptism, physical circumcision, the violence of man being the supposed will of GOD, burial, and other things, I do not know about or claim to understand. There are other things that I do not understand either. One who thinks they literally know everything is one who is quite lost in my opinion.

Believing has little to do with deciding anything except for deciding to follow upon hearing, which really isn't a decision but an inevitable eventuality by the will of GOD.

It is impossible for one to actually hear and not believe though hearing only is not belief.