The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

”TO BE SAVED, popsthebuilder as gt believe?"

We've been over this; not to be saved as the believer doesn't do for the sake of self or salvation of self.
Hi Pops, Of course a believer obeys to be saved, to be helped. Why would anyone want to obey if not to be saved and or helped? I mean for that question to be pondered deeply and then answered.

No one is saved unless they obey and repent of their sins. Jesus says it plainly to repent or perish.

So does that sound like one must obey so that they will not perish?

Be careful how you answer now. lol

"As when gt says that Jesus is God the Father with a physical body?"

Why try to cause further discord? The Spirit of GOD was indeed in the physical body that was Jesus when he walked the Earth, was it not? Does scripture say that the not holy spirit descended and rested upon Him? Or that perhaps THE Holy Spirit only visited with Him, or what? These are rhetorical if you were wondering. It is very simple to understand that if the Holy Spirit is the spirit inside the Christ which is indeed the case; and Jesus was the physical vessel or temple of GOD that the Spirit did dwell in among men, then yes, there is one GOD and that GOD is the One Creator GOD (the Father within context), and the Spirit that is the Spirit of the Father ((of) being key) is too the Christ and Jesus, being Christ can indeed be said to have been GOD manifest, such as the name Emmanuel attests.

I equate as synonymous with unbelief when someone says that Jesus is God the Father with a physical body.

This is a libel statement.

What a new revelation 'knowing' and 'doing' is a new thought. Amazing, no one knew that.

And where did you, popsthebuilder, get the idea that a believer simply sits on a chair and that's that.

We should all be careful with that 'assuming' thingy.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I know you have a hard time understanding that all humans have a spirit inside them, a ghost. Spirits do not die. Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of the one and only God the Father come as a Man in the flesh. Jesus also received the Holy Spirit with power at his water baptism, but he already had the Spirit for he is the Spirit.

popsthebuilder

Hi Pops, Of course a believer obeys to be saved, to be helped. Why would anyone want to obey if not to be saved and or helped? I mean for that question to be pondered deeply and then answered.

No one is saved unless they obey and repent of their sins. Jesus says it plainly to repent or perish.

So does that sound like one must obey so that they will not perish?

Be careful how you answer now. lol

I know you have a hard time understanding that all humans have a spirit inside them, a ghost. Spirits do not die. Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of the one and only God the Father come as a Man in the flesh. Jesus also received the Holy Spirit with power at his water baptism, but he already had the Spirit for he is the Spirit.

I did not knowingly obey any command to be saved.

I merely hoped on the Lord and called on the Lord in sincerity and desperation, and really, I can't be sure that I was saved due to that explicitly or even partially. I understand that I did indeed obey the command of GOD, but I was not aware of it at the time. I noted lifeisgoods words as an attempt by them to cause discord between us beforehand for a reason.

One would want to do what is good because it is the good thing to do. One is driven to do such and chastised when such isn't done through the conscience, not for the sake of self but because it is what is right and good; the guidance of the Holy Spirit. If one is doing anything only for the sake of self then they do not know the Spirit yet.

I agree that we are to repent of known sin.

As far as your speaking about the Spirit and that it was indeed the spirit of the man Jesus; we are again in agreement.

I am not saying that we don't have to do anything to stay saved once receiving faith and knowledge. I was only saying that from my perspective and in my scenario, I do not do anything for the sake of my own eternal life. It simply does not come into my thought processes. If and when a thing is done it is because I understand it to be helpful towards another in need, and reflecting the grace, mercy, giving, long suffering, and compassion that I have witnessed in my life, by GOD, with hopes and belief that such actions and or words will bring witnesses closer towards GOD in one way or another. I ha e little regard for my own life and we'll being; this includes the afterlife. I'm not saying that such is right or good, just that that is how it is for me at this time.

peace
(sorry if laden with errors; I am very tired. good night)
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

I did not knowingly obey any command to be saved.
So that is what you say, but highly unlikely for an American in this century to have never have heard to repent of sins.

Jesus tells us who he saves and why. Can you argue against that after you now know? Jesus doesn't change it up for different people.

I merely hoped on the Lord and called on the Lord in sincerity and desperation, and really, I can't be sure that I was saved due to that explicitly or even partially.

Calling on the Lord is one of the things we are told to do.

Not only that, you had mentioned that you repented of doing drugs and were trying your best not to do them before you were saved. So far you had done two things that I can see.

I understand that I did indeed obey the command of GOD, but I was not aware of it at the time.

Even if you just happened to have done the right thing without knowing it, it was still the right thing.

I noted lifeisgoods words as an attempt by them to cause discord between us beforehand for a reason.

You have told lifeisgood that she had unknowingly obeyed before being saved. So why are you going back on that for yourself?

One would want to do what is good because it is the good thing to do. One is driven to do such and chastised when such isn't done through the conscience, not for the sake of self but because it is what is right and good; the guidance of the Holy Spirit. If one is doing anything only for the sake of self then they do not know the Spirit yet.

I don't know what you are saying there. It sounds to me like you are saying there is a right way to obey and a wrong way to obey. That is error, if that is what you are saying.
I agree that we are to repent of known sin.

I agree, but the question to you from lifeisgood is whether or not you believe the repenting of sins is to be done before one is saved?

As far as your speaking about the Spirit and that it was indeed the spirit of the man Jesus; we are again in agreement.

I am glad to hear that, but it does sound as if you changed your mind on that.

I am not saying that we don't have to do anything to stay saved once receiving faith and knowledge. I was only saying that from my perspective and in my scenario, I do not do anything for the sake of my own eternal life.

You wanted help from God to stop sinning, right?

It simply does not come into my thought processes. If and when a thing is done it is because I understand it to be helpful towards another in need, and reflecting the grace, mercy, giving, long suffering, and compassion that I have witnessed in my life, by GOD, with hopes and belief that such actions and or words will bring witnesses closer towards GOD in one way or another. I ha e little regard for my own life and we'll being; this includes the afterlife. I'm not saying that such is right or good, just that that is how it is for me at this time.
That is a strange thing to hear. I don't think that you should be so flippant about the temple of God.

peace
(sorry if laden with errors; I am very tired. good night)

Looks good to me. Good night.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What are you translating?
To be fair, I'm not doing any translating. That's already been done. What I'm doing is looking at what the original text says, and seeing what the direct translation of that text is.
If you, gt, would answer his question you would know why he asks. You don't have an answer do you? How sad for someone who presents herself as God's Truth.
That, or she's afraid to answer, for whatever reason.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The verbs aren't the same.

So what? It's the same "the word."

I don't believe the words of God are the same in this context.

Maybe you study Hebrews 5:12 καὶ γὰρ ὀφείλοντες εἶναι διδάσκαλοι διὰ τὸν χρόνον πάλιν χρείαν ἔχετε τοῦ διδάσκειν ὑμᾶς τινὰ τὰ στοιχεῖα τῆς ἀρχῆς τῶν λογίων τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ γεγόνατε χρείαν ἔχοντες γάλακτος καὶ οὐ στερεᾶς τροφῆς

Notice the word logos is genitive plural and the words could and should be rendered words of a god. And we can assume it is the Hebrew god minus images/idols.

Except the word you are looking at here is "λογίον", not "Λόγος".

λογίον is a genitive neuter plural noun and is translated as "oracles" or "an utterance".
590d7c86cff3ed7bcd31b0ff6006b7ea.jpg

Λόγος is a nominative masculine singular noun, and is translated as "word".

A logos the flesh was happening. Yes, even the Greek agrees with your analysis.

You have yet to show me how "ὁ" is not a definite article in Koine Greek. Yet BLB states the following:

From https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=g3588

Root Word (Etymology)
In all their inflections, the definite article

Καὶ ὁ Λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο
[And] [the] [Word] [flesh] [became]
And the word became flesh

I highly doubt any of them to be greater than you or me. The sloppiness is incredible, because they seem to know little, and interpret much.

I'll ask you the same question I've been attempting to ask GT.

Has the human race been getting better or worse over time?

God's Truth

To be fair, I'm not doing any translating. That's already been done. What I'm doing is looking at what the original text says, and seeing what the direct translation of that text is.

That, or she's afraid to answer, for whatever reason.

Who is afraid to answer? Doesn't the truth matter to you?

God's Truth

λογίον is a genitive neuter plural noun and is translated as "oracles" or "an utterance".

You have yet to show me how "ὁ" is not a definite article in Koine Greek. Yet BLB states the following:

Root Word (Etymology)

Καὶ ὁ Λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο

What a waste. However, it is good to see plainly who is speaking worthless things from those who preach things that lead to eternal life.
I'll ask you the same question I've been attempting to ask GT.

lifeisgood

[MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION], I believe you are beginning to see gt's doctrine that SHE OBEYED before she EVER HEARD the Gospel of Salvation. I'm enjoying the two of you exchanging ideas. We'll see where it ends.

lifeisgood

If you can't explain, then you can't defend.

Libel statement. I have explained, and others have explained better than myself also, you and your god have rejected God's Truth which is a shame to your loss. Just like keypurr and others.

You finally come around to understanding what I have been saying for years here, and that is that the trinity doctrine says they cannot explain.

I, lifeisgood, will NEVER and I, lifeisgood, have NEVER come around to you and your false doctrine, gt. That is your, 'If I, gt, say something, it has to be God's Truth.'

That alone proves that you cannot go against me and defend your beliefs.

ROFLSmiley.gif

My God is the one and only God. He saved me and gives me understanding.

Just like keypurr's god.
Your god is a god of your own invention, gt.
Your god is NOT God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) you can find in the Bible.

Do you not know that it is easy to look up words on the Internet?

¡¡¡You don't say!!!

No, you can't defend your false doctrines, as is revealing.

God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) defends Himself from your UNtruth.

God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) does not need you, gt, to defend Him.

God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) does not need me, gt, to defend Him.

Jesus is NOT God the Father with a physical body. That is an invention of your own making, gt, just like keypurr receiving his false doctrine when he wasn't looking.

You can't have it both ways. You can't give a doctrine you can't defend and claim you can't explain it because it is truth. So pathetic and it will not wash.

Your god is a false god, gt, and he/she is taking you away from God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), exactly as he did with keypurr.

How sad your choose the lie instead of God's Truth!

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
No, it isn't. And the verb form egeneto proves it.

It isn't neuter, since neuter means dual. But it isn't logwn either.

λογίον [λογίων] is a genitive neuter plural noun and is translated as "oracles" or "an utterance".
590d7c86cff3ed7bcd31b0ff6006b7ea.jpg
Of which it isn't, but rather it is a noun which is defined by something which cause a statement. For example, an event causes people to make comments. My mistake for thinking this task easier than it really was.

λόγοι is a nominative masculine plural which is also found. Most damning is the verb is "derived" from or vice versa. Everytime god must λέγω in the 3rd person (lexical form is 1st person), he makes a logos.

From https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=g3588

Root Word (Etymology)

Καὶ ὁ Λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο
95% percent of the time it isn't before human or individual names. It would be needed if it was definite. Greek according to books doesn't have a true indefinite article. Henos is suggested, but it is the same as echad in Hebrew.

It is neither, and I believe most people are not going to hell, unlike thou.

Edit: I was sarcastic with the previous sentence.

Last edited: