The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

When you first jumped into my conversation with gt, you missed that we were talking about TO BE SAVED. You would have to go back from the beginning to see why you are totally confused about my responses.

He is not confused and he explained it to you many times about he believes in repenting of sins to be saved.

God's Truth

The Bible disproves you.

So, you're saying that when Jesus said a man will leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife and the two of them will become ONE flesh they are the same person?

You are trying to compare God the Father and the Son with an earthly husband and wife being one?
Give the scripture.

lifeisgood

Are you under Christ's law?

Which is grace.

Believing Jesus is obeying, so if they do not believe then they do not obey. It is common sense.

No believing Jesus is not obeying. Believing is one thing. Obeying is something else.

There is no such thing as rest from doing right and not sin.

Who is saying otherwise? That is why the Lord sent the Holy Spirit to help us.

What is the gospel that you heard?

I’m a sinner going directly to hell.
Jesus Christ is God.
Jesus Christ paid the price I could not ever begin to think to pay.
If I believed Him and what He did exclusively, He would save me.

The Holy Spirit is not telling you to preach a false doctrine of have dead faith.

Who is saying otherwise?

Mormons do NOT obey. Jesus says no other gospel.

Sure, they do, they go two by two as Jesus commanded, but they do not believe Him and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

God's Truth

They BELIEVED that the blood was going to protect them, therefore, they acted on that belief.

Are you coming to realize that their faith was made complete by what they did?

Sounds exactly like what James said about Abraham's faith:

James 2:22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

lifeisgood

It is light, easy, and not burdensome.

Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,

As I have said to you many a time, when you simply pluck a verse out of its original CONTEXT you are parroting a pretext.

lifeisgood

Are you coming to realize that their faith was made complete by what they did?

Sounds exactly like what James said about Abraham's faith:

James 2:22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

No, their faith was not made complete by what they did.
They acted BECAUSE their faith was already COMPLETE on what God said.

God's Truth

No, their faith was not made complete by what they did.
They acted BECAUSE their faith was already COMPLETE on what God said.

That is NOT what the scripture says!

You are going against the scripture.

lifeisgood

That is NOT what the scripture says!

You are going against the scripture.

You have no idea of what kind of faith James is talking about because you pick and choose the verses you like taking them out of its original CONTEXT.