The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

Worshipping in spirit and in truth is living by and walking in the spirit and baring witness to the truth through Christ Jesus.

Satan was bound at The Cross, according to scripture.

Scripture states that our battle is now with the demons, not The Devil.

Can you show me where it says all this in the Bible please?

And this comes to mind

1 Peter 5

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Our battle certainly is against the devil, he's waiting to devour us, but if we walk in the spirit and obey God he has no hope, because he who is in us is greater than he who is in the world!

It is your scriptural ignorance that judges you...

God judges me, and I am naked in his sight so he see's everything within my heart, and only he knows my heart and I put my trust in him, because he is the righteous judge. And remember, as you judge, you are judged!

Last edited:

marhig

Before you accuse others of scriptural ignorance...

1 Peter 5:8 KJV
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Correction. Our battle IS with the devil. Who told you he was bound at the cross? Certainly not scripture. The devil isn't bound until Christ's return per Revelation.

:Thumb:

I saw this after I posted my reply :)

marhig

Your objections are all based on trying to go too far with analogies. You aren't acknowledging the absolute declarations of scripture.

Jesus said, he who has ears to hear, let him hear.

And he who has ears to hear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches.

Jesus spoke in parables and used analogies and God gives us the ears to hear through the spirit.

Last edited:

Rosenritter

Hebrews 2:17 "Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren."
You said Jesus WAS God before. When He was on earth he made himself God. After his ascension he identifies himself as the only true God, the first and the last. I am not sure where the "not God" part enters into this.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You said Jesus WAS God before. When He was on earth he made himself God. After his ascension he identifies himself as the only true God, the first and the last. I am not sure where the "not God" part enters into this.

When Jesus was praying to the Father he referred to the Father as the only true God. At the time Jesus was human and humans are not true God.

Humans are flesh and blood and cannot enter the kingdom of God.

God is a generic term.

Rosenritter

When Jesus was praying to the Father he referred to the Father as the only true God. At the time Jesus was human and humans are not true God.

Humans are flesh and blood and cannot enter the kingdom of God.

God is a generic term.
Jamie, can God be in more than one place at a time?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't believe he answered that directly. But assuming you mean yes, do you allow for God to be able to be in heaven and on earth and listen to everyone's prayers at the same time?

Psalms 139:7-8 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.

Rosenritter

I don't believe he answered that directly. But assuming you mean yes, do you allow for God to be able to be in heaven and on earth and listen to everyone's prayers at the same time?
Jamie, I knew which Psalm you were thinking of but it doesn't directly answer then question of multiple places at one time or multiple modes of attention. Would you be willing to say Yes to that?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie, I knew which Psalm you were thinking of but it doesn't directly answer then question of multiple places at one time or multiple modes of attention. Would you be willing to say Yes to that?

Are you thinking in terms of location? If so then God is in all places at all times.

Jonah's experience was that you can run, but you can't hide.

Apple7

Worshipping in spirit and in truth is living by and walking in the spirit and baring witness to the truth through Christ Jesus.

Jesus is The Truth.

As already shown, true worshippers worship God as Father, Son and Spirit.

Can you show me where it says all this in the Bible please?

Heb 2.14

And this comes to mind

1 Peter 5

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

That passage has already been dealt with....and it does not refer to 'The' Devil....but 'A' devil.

Be sure to reference the Greek, lest you fall prey to false doctrine...

Our battle certainly is against the devil, he's waiting to devour us, but if we walk in the spirit and obey God he has no hope, because he who is in us is greater than he who is in the world!

No.

Our battle is with the free-ranging demons.

Satan is under lock and key at the moment.

God judges me, and I am naked in his sight so he see's everything within my heart, and only he knows my heart and I put my trust in him, because he is the righteous judge. And remember, as you judge, you are judged!

How cliché is that...

marhig

Jesus is The Truth.
yes he is, because he bore witness the truth fully, because he spoke every word that proceeded out of the mouth of God, and never lived by his will but by the will of God. It says in Isaiah that he shall not judge after the seeing of his eyes, or reprove after the hearing of his ears and also in Isaiah it says that his voice was not heard in the streets. He only heard God, saw God and spoke God, Jesus never lived after his will, but by the will of God, and by doing so he bore witness to the truth, and being in the fullness of the spirit he was in the express image of God and he never sinned.

Matthew 12

That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Jesus never pleased his flesh, or lived by his will, but by the will of God. And if he is risen in our hearts then our flesh should be dying and we should be decreasing and his life should be increasing in and through us.

As already shown, true worshippers worship God as Father, Son and Spirit.

It's not worshipping a trinity, it's worshipping the father. Jesus said those who worship the father worship HIM in spirit and in truth

John 4:23

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him

Hebrews 2:14

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

He destroyed the devil by overcoming him in the flesh and not sinning, becoming a perfect example for us to follow. Jesus was dead to this flesh, and through that death he destroyed Satan in his flesh and he overcame the world, and he can now help us and give us the strength to overcome Satan through the spirit.

Hebrews 2:18

For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

He was tempted, but never sinned, he overcame Satan and fought with him in his own ground (this body of flesh) and Jesus won, never sinning and never letting Satan into his heart. He completely denied him and brought us a new and living way back to God and when we follow him we become a willing living sacrifice, becoming a temple not built by the hand of man but by the hand of the living God and that life of Christ will be seen in us and through us. And through that death, which is being dead to the flesh he reconciled us to God, but we are saved by his life!

That passage has already been dealt with....and it does not refer to 'The' Devil....but 'A' devil.
Be sure to reference the Greek, lest you fall prey to false doctrine...

I'm afraid that's not right, the devil is very much free and seeking whom he can devour along with those evil spirits which belong to him.

No.

Our battle is with the free-ranging demons.

Satan is under lock and key at the moment.

Satan is only under lock and key to those being led by the spirit, because if Christ raised in our hearts, then Satan can't get in because he who is in us, is greater than he who is in the world.

Although Satan will tempt us, and if we fail and fall, it will be because of our own lusts, and if we do this, we will be crucifying Christ again and putting him to an open shame.

How cliché is that...
You may think it's cliché, but it's also the truth!

Last edited:

marhig

Are you thinking in terms of location? If so then God is in all places at all times.

Yes if the wind which God created is everywhere, then so can God who created everything be everywhere.

I like that about Jonah :D we can't hide from God and he can see our hearts always and find us anywhere because he is everywhere :)

Rosenritter

If you allow for God to be in all places at all times, then you by extension have allowed the possibility for God to be in heaven above and on earth below at the same time. Yet you said that Jesus had to give up being God in order to enter our world as a child. Assuming that I just stated that correctly so far, by that did you mean:

a) Jesus gave up "being God" in the sense of giving up the full privileges and power (so that he might taste death for every man), or
b) Jesus gave up "being God" in that this was no longer the same person of the same character, heart, will, emotions, and so forth?
c) both a and b?
d) neither a or b?

Thanks.