The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

What else happened when he said it is finished? Besides him dying? Do you know?

Yes, the veil of separation between God and man was rent and He is NOW sited at the right hand of God ever making intercession by His only presence providing LIFE for those who believe and accept His finished work on the Cross of Calvary where the debt you owe God and CANNOT pay was paid by the SHED BLOOD of God's Son.

marhig

The nation of Israel was to preach the legal finished work accomplished on the Cross of Calvary to the rest of the world; however, they rejected Him and His legal finished work on the Cross of Calvary because they did not like the way God works, just as you are doing today.

Oh come on, Israel weren't to do anything if the sort, God wanted them to accept and reverence Jesus! Jesus came to bare witness to the truth and spread the gospel. But you don't even mention that! You only see his death and youself saved!

I see his life has saved me by him showing me the way and I must be put to death by the spirit for him to live in me. And his death was a wicked act at the hands of men who were doing the work of Satan their father, as Jesus says, he was a murderer and liar from the beginning. God knew what would happen when Jesus came, he knew what would happen to him, and he foretold it in the old testament. And Jesus bore his cross and suffered whatever happened to him, never sinning and showing love and mercy even though they showed him cruelty. He obeyed God and did his will, right up until his last breath, never sinning, not once even though they crucified him.

Why would Jesus ask God to forgive them if it was such a holy act? There would be no need for forgiveness if it was a good thing,

God wanted them to reverence his son not murder him! Jesus even tells us this in that parable! He even said that they would lose their inheritance for killing him. Why? why did they lose their inheritance if it was a holy act?

Why would Jesus tell this parable saying it was wrong to kill him, if killing him was so holy?

marhig

You do not even understand that Jesus is God. You are in a very sad position when you believe and teach that God put a mere man over us to worship.

How is the spirit of a mere man living in thousands of people?

Jesus isn't a mere man, he's the holy son of the living God, who came in flesh, he's the Christ and I'm not even worthy to look at him. He came into this flesh to bring us back to God, by a new and living way.

I just see too much in the Bible that shows me that there is only one God and he's the God of Jesus also, and even Jesus himself said so.

It even said that Christ is the head of the church and the head of Christ is God. I have to believe Jesus before anyone else, and he said that God is his God and I believe him.

Guess what, it's teatime! :)

marhig

No, you do NOT see them the way Jesus does.
We'll see one day won't we!

By the way, my conscience is completely clear, because I know that I'm obeying God and living a Jesus taught me too in the Bible as best as I can. And I don't take him for granted!

lifeisgood

Oh come on, Israel weren't to do anything if the sort, God wanted them to accept and reverence Jesus! Jesus came to bare witness to the truth and spread the gospel. But you don't even mention that! You only see his death and youself saved!

I see his life has saved me by him showing me the way and I must be put to death by the spirit for him to live in me. And his death was a wicked act at the hands of men who were doing the work of Satan their father, as Jesus says, he was a murderer and liar from the beginning. God knew what would happen when Jesus came, he knew what would happen to him, and he foretold it in the old testament. And Jesus bore his cross and suffered whatever happened to him, never sinning and showing love and mercy even though they showed him cruelty. He obeyed God and did his will, right up until his last breath, never sinning, not once even though they crucified him.

Why would Jesus ask God to forgive them if it was such a holy act? There would be no need for forgiveness if it was a good thing,

God wanted them to reverence his son not murder him! Jesus even tells us this in that parable! He even said that they would lose their inheritance for killing him. Why? why did they lose their inheritance if it was a holy act?

Why would Jesus tell this parable saying it was wrong to kill him, if killing him was so holy?

His life saved no one and that includes you. HIS DEATH saves whosoever will...

If anybody should have known that Jesus was not to die by the hand of Israel should have been Israel; however, they REJECTED God's way, such as many today.

But that Jesus was supposed to die, He Himself said so. You; however, reject His own words.

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:14-15).

"Then Jesus said to them, 'When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things'" (John 8:28).

"'And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.' This He said, signifying by what death He would die" (John 12:32-33).

When the Jews demanded that the Romans put Jesus to death, John points out that the death penalty selected fulfilled Jesus' own prophecy. "Then Pilate said to them, "You take Him and judge Him according to your law." Therefore the Jews said to him, "It is not lawful for us to put anyone to death," that the saying of Jesus might be fulfilled which He spoke, signifying by what death He would die" (John 18:31-32).

"From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day" (Matthew 16:21).

"Now while they were staying in Galilee, Jesus said to them, "The Son of Man is about to be betrayed into the hands of men, and they will kill Him, and the third day He will be raised up." And they were exceedingly sorrowful" (Matthew 17:22-23).

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and to the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death, and deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock and to scourge and to crucify. And the third day He will rise again" (Matthew 20:18-19).

"And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again" (Mark 8:31).

"For He taught His disciples and said to them, "The Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of men, and they will kill Him. And after He is killed, He will rise the third day." But they did not understand this saying, and were afraid to ask Him" (Mark 9:31-32).

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and to the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death and deliver Him to the Gentiles; and they will mock Him, and scourge Him, and spit on Him, and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again" (Mark 10:33-34).

"And He strictly warned and commanded them to tell this to no one, saying, "The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day." Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me" (Luke 9:21-23).

"Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again." But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken" (Luke 18:31-34).

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
In the Old Testament God is the Father.

How can any person debate against that truth? They are one who is a waste of time for sure.

All three branches of Christianity - Catholic, Protestant, Eastern Orthodox - agree that Jesus is God and that God is Trinity. Only a very few fringe groups do not.

There is one God. Peoples' problem is that they cannot distinguish between what a person is and what a being is.

God is one being and three persons. I am one being and one person. A dog is one being and no person.

One being need not equal one person. There is one God who is one being. The fact that he is three persons does not change the fact that he is one God and one being.

Jesus tells his apostles to baptize "in the name [notice, singular, not plural] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matt. 28:19). This is a proof-text: three distinct Persons united in the one divine name. In 2 Corinthians 13:14, Paul writes, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." We see this same unity of divine Persons in 1 Corinthians 12:4–11, Ephesians 4:4–6, and 1 Peter 1:2–3.

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9). It also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13). Everyone agrees the Father is God. Yet there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19). How can we hold all four truths except to say all three are One God?

And yes, Jesus DID say he was God. In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Also significant are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. This is one of the Old Testament titles of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12).

lifeisgood

We'll see one day won't we!

Yes, we will. I know what I will plead before Him. Do you?

By the way, my conscience is completely clear,

But not under the BLOOD.

because I know that I'm obeying God and living a Jesus taught me too in the Bible as best as I can.

Doesn't even come close to coming close to the shadow of the shed BLOOD of the Cross of Calvary.

And I don't take him for granted!

No one is saying otherwise. I am sure most can see how you are busily working your fingers off presenting the works of your own hands.

Rosenritter

You sound evil.

The Aramaic and Hebrew writings did not use capital letters.

WHAT difference do you think it makes anyways?

You seem evil to me when you think you can just throw out a scripture because of a capital letter.

Just to state the obvious, we are speaking English. In English, one capital letter makes the difference between "God" and "god" which carries a tremendous difference in meaning. The LORD is "God" rather than "god." Likewise, if one translation says "a father" and the other says "Father" then those two translations are giving different meanings as well.

The question is whether "Father" was used as a title for the LORD in the Old Testament. Just because you're having difficulty giving solid proof of your assertion does not mean that I am evil. If you stop attacking me personally you might be able to see where I already explained the significance.

God's Truth

Just to state the obvious, we are speaking English. In English, one capital letter makes the difference between "God" and "god" which carries a tremendous difference in meaning. The LORD is "God" rather than "god." Likewise, if one translation says "a father" and the other says "Father" then those two translations are giving different meanings as well.

The question is whether "Father" was used as a title for the LORD in the Old Testament. Just because you're having difficulty giving solid proof of your assertion does not mean that I am evil. If you stop attacking me personally you might be able to see where I already explained the significance.

I gave scriptures that prove that God was called Father int he Old Testament.

The truth rebukes you.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I gave scriptures that prove that God was called Father int he Old Testament.

The truth rebukes you.

God is also Son, and God is also the Holy Spirit. Read the Bible.

Jesus tells his apostles to baptize "in the name [notice, singular, not plural] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matt. 28:19). This is a proof-text: three distinct Persons united in the one divine name. In 2 Corinthians 13:14, Paul writes, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." We see this same unity of divine Persons in 1 Corinthians 12:4–11, Ephesians 4:4–6, and 1 Peter 1:2–3.

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9). It also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13). Everyone agrees the Father is God. Yet there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19). How can we hold all four truths except to say all three are One God?

And yes, Jesus DID say he was God. In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Also significant are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. This is one of the Old Testament titles of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12).

God's Truth

God is also Son, and God is also the Holy Spirit. Read the Bible.

There are three.

There is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

These three are not separate and different as the Catholic's trinitarian doctrine says.

The three are one and the same.

God the Father came as a Son in the flesh.

Right Divider

Body part
There are three.

There is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

These three are not separate and different as the Catholic's trinitarian doctrine says.

The three are one and the same.

God the Father came as a Son in the flesh.
You keep saying this, but the scripture refutes you.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You keep saying this, but the scripture refutes you.

And it is refuted here.

Matthew 3:16-17 American Standard Version (ASV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway from the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him; 17 and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

God's Truth

And it is refuted here.

Matthew 3:16-17 American Standard Version (ASV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway from the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him; 17 and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Jesus said that voice was NOT for him but for the listeners.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is only one God and He is the Father.

Since there is only one God and He is that Father, Jesus must be that One God the Father come in the flesh.

Jesus even says when you see him you can say, "I see the Father".

There is only one universe and it is heaven and earth.

Since there is only one universe then earth must be heaven and heaven must be earth.