The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

Marhig,

We have peace.

I believe that the blood knows your heart.

I believe you have made this clear, but I'm asking.

Who is judged at final judgment?

You or Jesus in your place?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

I'm judged right through my life, now that I know God, because I know the truth.

How can Jesus be judged in my place? How can I go through my life thinking it's ok if I sin, God will turn a blind eye because I'm saved. I don't think so, I believe that we will be punished for repetitively wilfully sinning, especially if we say we know God and carry on living our lives as we please regardless. If we don't obey God, then we're not truly following Jesus because he obeyed God always. We are to endure to the end to be saved. And God will judge us on what we do in our lives

Rosenritter

How did he answer satisfactorily?

What is satisfactorily according to you?
You are aware that for a while Luther called the book of James "an epistle of straw?" He was in such a "faith only" mindset out of his reaction against the Catholic church that some of what James said didn't sit well with him. I read that he came to grips with this later in life.

I am repeating my impression of summaries I have read on Luther, but I have read from Tyndale who described the proper relation of faith and works like spring and green. A true Spring produces green leaves in trees, and without the green what good is it?

The answer is not faith or works, the answer is faith that produces works. Even the thief on the cross sacrificed something to humble himself before Christ on the cross. A true faith works, a faith that produces nothing is likely only fooling ourselves.

Matthew 25:21 KJV
His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Rosenritter

Martin Luther taught falseness. I want people to know the truth and not be like Luther, or the many others in falseness. I want to show them the truth, but instead I am attacked.
You know, Martin Luther did fulfill the prophecy of martyr Jan Huss. I wouldn't say he was perfect in every way, but is it fair to judge someone as teaching falseness when he was always making adjustments when he went to scripture? David made massive mistakes but he always repented and wanted to do right again. If you have always been perfect then please cast the first stone.

Rosenritter

You ignored the fact that GOD is a title, not a name. The son of a king is a Prince, not a King. Same with God.
The Presidents son is not the president. Wake up my friend, see things as they are not as you have been misled to think.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app
So is God is a title, and Son of God is also a title, you realize that one person can assume more than one title, right? Just like one person can have more than one name.

Rosenritter

The sinner is totally depraved and helpless nor care about God.
That would be a statement never found in scripture, but straight from Calvin's TULIP. But easily disproved,

Luke 18:13-14 KJV
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. [14] I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

This publican was a sinner yet cared about God. Same story with thief on the cross.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
That would be a statement never found in scripture, but straight from Calvin's TULIP. But easily disproved,

Luke 18:13-14 KJV
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. [14] I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

This publican was a sinner yet cared about God. Same story with thief on the cross.
The core of humans are rotten

God's Truth

It's not quite that easy to answer, because I don't believe that we will know if we are eternally saved until we have taken out last breath!
What does that have to do with the questions?
As for not knowing whether or not you are eternally saved, you should know.

I believe that once we know God and repent, then we are saved from our past sins.

So then, you believe we should obey and repent of our sins to be saved, is that what you are saying? I hope that is what your saying but I want to make sure.

But after that, we are to go sin no more and obey God. If we don't obey God and keep sinning, then we are workers of iniquity and we are turning from God by our own lusts.

I don't believe in OSAS, if we don't obey God once we know him and we still follow the lusts of our flesh, then he can take his spirit from us, and we will go back into the ways of the world. As a dog returning to its own vomit and a sow wallowing in the mire. Obedience is essential, if we don't obey the living God, then we aren't truly following Jesus..

I've explained to you what I mean when I say it's nothing that I do, why can't you understand?

Because WE HAVE TO OBEY. Just like you say too about losing your salvation---if it is NOTHING you do, then how can you lose your salvation?

If I didn't have the spirit of God guiding me, then I'd be dead in my sins. Only God can change my heart. It's nothing I do, in other words, I could help everyone in my street, take all the praise and never think of God, that's my works, but if God has changed my heart, then I'll take no praise, and I'll do things that I'd never do in the flesh, so only God can do this, because i wouldn't do it if I lived to please myself, but he's changed me. And now that I know God, I am to obey him and turn from sin. If not, I'll suffer the consequences.

Can you see what I mean now? If not, then I can't explain myself any clearer.

I think you should stop saying it is nothing you do because it is a mixed message, a message you heard somewhere from someone who was taught wrong.

It matters what we do.

By the way, those people whom you call my false teachers, teach that we should turn from sin, and always obey God. That we should listen to our conscience, and love, love God first, with all our hearts. And then share the love of God with others, caring for, and helping those we meet bringing them the word of God, and help those who need help and in doing so we follow Jesus.
Again, then don't keep saying it is nothing we do. Obeying Jesus' words will give you life. We have to obey and that IS ABOUT WHAT WE DO.

marhig

The sinner is totally depraved and helpless nor care about God.

We're all sinners! Many of those so called "sinners" or "unsaved" as some call others, have better hearts than many of those who attend church and think they're saved and going to heaven regardless of what they do!

We don't know the mind of God, and were not here to judge others, but to bring to others Gods word and then live it out ourselves! The word of God will judge and those who truly belong to God, those who obey him in their lives, will not only judge by the word, but also by the life that they have lived out in front others.

Also, what do you mean by "sinning since birth?"

marhig

What does that have to do with the questions?
As for not knowing whether or not you are eternally saved, you should know.

So then, you believe we should obey and repent of our sins to be saved, is that what you are saying? I hope that is what your saying but I want to make sure.

Because WE HAVE TO OBEY. Just like you say too about losing your salvation---if it is NOTHING you do, then how can you lose your salvation?

I think you should stop saying it is nothing you do because it is a mixed message, a message you heard somewhere from someone who was taught wrong.

It matters what we do.

Again, then don't keep saying it is nothing we do. Obeying Jesus' words will give you life. We have to obey and that IS ABOUT WHAT WE DO.
How can you know that you're eternally saved when you don't know your future? You don't know what you will do, me neither! We're just flesh!

What about those people who go about thinking they're saved and going to heaven because Jesus did it all for them, yet they have a wrong heart and carry on wilfully sinning and disobeying God all the time. Who go to church on Sunday and live their own life until the next Sunday. Look the part, professing to know God with their lips, but their heart is far from him, uncircumcised of heart, false believers. Are they going to heaven, just because they say they believe?

Those who truly belong to God live it out, they deny themselves, and bare they cross and follow Christ.

Those who truly belong to God, really obey him and not just from their mouths.

My beliefs are, that if I don't obey the living God, then I'm not a true living sacrifice and I'm not saved in any way!

God's Truth

You are aware that for a while Luther called the book of James "an epistle of straw?"
I have heard that. That makes my point not yours.
He was in such a "faith only" mindset out of his reaction against the Catholic church that some of what James said didn't sit well with him. I read that he came to grips with this later in life.
It is not just faith only that he spoke about in error, he also believed and taught that we are supernaturally made to believe. His beliefs were strongly affected by Augustine, just as John Calvin was too. It was customary for the Catholic priests to study Augustine.

I am repeating my impression of summaries I have read on Luther, but I have read from Tyndale who described the proper relation of faith and works like spring and green. A true Spring produces green leaves in trees, and without the green what good is it?
Again, Luther taught we cannot even believe without a Supernatural enabling, and even after that, he taught faith alone.

The answer is not faith or works, the answer is faith that produces works.

That is not true. That is a hindrance to those who want to be saved. That false doctrine is not the truth and it is a serious matter. People such as yourself and those who came before you who preach that lie have hindered me from the truth and from knowing God sooner, and has stopped many from being saved ever, at least not in this life.

Even the thief on the cross sacrificed something to humble himself before Christ on the cross. A true faith works, a faith that produces nothing is likely only fooling ourselves.
The thief on the cross did not just believe he obeyed.

The thief on the cross humbled himself, feared God, admitted he was a sinner, showed sorrow for his sin, acknowledged God before others, and called on Jesus when he asked him to remember him.

God's Truth

How can you know that you're eternally saved when you don't know your future? You don't know what you will do, me neither! We're just flesh!
We are NOT just flesh.

You better know. How can you not know?

What about those people who go about thinking they're saved and going to heaven because Jesus did it all for them, yet they have a wrong heart and carry on wilfully sinning and disobeying God all the time.
I know this, they do not have salvation now. They have deceived themselves.
Who go to church on Sunday and live their own life until the next Sunday. Look the part, professing to know God with their lips, but their heart is far from him, uncircumcised of heart, false believers. Are they going to heaven, just because they say they believe?

Those who truly belong to God live it out, they deny themselves, and bare they cross and follow Christ.
If you do that---then how in the world do you not know?

Those who truly belong to God, really obey him and not just from their mouths.

My beliefs are, that if I don't obey the living God, then I'm not a true living sacrifice and I'm not saved in any way!

So then, don't you see you give mixed messages? You know you are saved now and you should know that you will be saved when you pass.

God's Truth

You know, Martin Luther did fulfill the prophecy of martyr Jan Huss.
Why now are you talking about another man?

I wouldn't say he was perfect in every way, but is it fair to judge someone as teaching falseness when he was always making adjustments when he went to scripture?
What? Listen to what you are saying. Is it fair to say they taught falseness when the taught falseness? Of course it is.

David made massive mistakes but he always repented and wanted to do right again. If you have always been perfect then please cast the first stone.

What does David have to do with the teaching of false doctrines?

marhig

We are NOT just flesh.

You better know. How can you not know?

I know this, they do not have salvation now. They have deceived themselves.

If you do that---then how in the world do you not know?

So then, don't you see you give mixed messages? You know you are saved now and you should know that you will be saved when you pass.

I don't know that I'm saved now, I'm only saved of the sins that I did before I knew God. But now I'm judged on what I do, now that I know God. Now, if I truly believe, I am to obey him and and live my life according to his will, and deny my fleshly desires.

What do you mean that we are not just flesh. Yes we are! We're only dust. God doesn't want to see our life, but the life of Christ in us and through us. He wants our flesh dead.

God's Truth

I don't know that I'm saved now, I'm only saved of the sins that I did before I knew God.
That is some other gospel that I do not know about.

I only go by what the Bible says.

The Bible says knowing God is eternal life, and that we know Him by obeying Him. His words are life and Spirit, and from what you say you do not have any knowledge of it.

But now I'm judged on what I do, now that I know God. Now, if I truly believe, I am to obey him and and live my life according to his will, and deny my fleshly desires.
What do you mean that we are not just flesh. Yes we are! We're only dust.

The Bible says we are not just flesh. It says we are flesh and spirit.

God doesn't want to see our life, but the life of Christ in us and through us. He wants our flesh dead.

You are speaking some crazy mixed up things that I do not recognize from the Bible.

God wants us dead to sin and alive in Christ and offering our bodies as LIVING sacrifices.

marhig

That is some other gospel that I do not know about.

I only go by what the Bible says.

The Bible says knowing God is eternal life, and that we know Him by obeying Him. His words are life and Spirit, and from what you say you do not have any knowledge of it.

The Bible says we are not just flesh. It says we are flesh and spirit.

You are speaking some crazy mixed up things that I do not recognize from the Bible.

God wants us dead to sin and alive in Christ and offering our bodies as LIVING sacrifices.

And Jesus said those who endure to the end, the same shall be saved. A part of the scripture that is often left out!

Yes that's what I've been saying!

We are just dust, blessed by God with the indwelling holy spirit, it's the life of his son within us that's important, our flesh is nothing. And we are in sinful flesh, and our flesh will lust after sin until the day we die. It's only through Christ and by the grace of God that we are blessed with his holy spirit who is guiding us, saving us and putting us to death daily. If we obey!

God's Truth

And Jesus said those who endure to the end, the same shall be saved. A part of the scripture that is often left out!
You said you do not know now if you are saved. You are leaving many scriptures out and are exposing yourself as NOT being saved. Paul says we should know of we are saved.
Yes that's what I've been saying!

We are just dust,

No we are not just dust so you should stop saying that.

blessed by God with the indwelling holy spirit, it's the life of his son within us that's important, our flesh is nothing.

We have a spirit inside us not just the Holy Spirit if you are saved.

And we are in sinful flesh,
If you are sinning then your flesh is sinful; otherwise it is not sinful.

and our flesh will lust after sin until the day we die.

That is a lie. You sound as if you have not overcome.

It's only through Christ and by the grace of God that we are blessed with his holy spirit who is guiding us, saving us and putting us to death daily. If we obey!

God Spirit does not put us to death daily. I already explained that to you before. Why do you keep repeating falseness?

Rosenritter

Why now are you talking about another man?

What? Listen to what you are saying. Is it fair to say they taught falseness when the taught falseness? Of course it is.

What does David have to do with the teaching of false doctrines?
First, what was false, and two, what should one believe instead? You are being awfully vague.

As for Jan Huss, maybe it might be worth the time to read Foxes Book of Martyrs. Before Jan Huss was burnt he gave a prophecy that in 100 years a swan would arise that they would neither boil or cook. Luther was 100 years later, his family crest the swan. Was that prophecy of God?

marhig

You said you do not know now if you are saved. You are living many scriptures out and are exposing yourself as NOT being saved. Paul says we should know of we are saved.

No we are not just dust so you should stop saying that.

We have a spirit inside us not just the Holy Spirit if you are saved.

If you are sinning then your flesh is sinful; otherwise it is not sinful.

That is a lie. You sound as if you have not overcome.

God Spirit does not put us to death daily. I already explained that to you before. Why do you keep repeating falseness?

Saved from our past sins, not future sins. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that all your future sins are saved! Once we know God, we are to turn from sin.

Talk about teaching mixed messages, you need to look at yourself!

I have to overcome every day, I'm tempted every day! And without the spirit God, I'd fall straight away.

Oh yes he does put to death daily, if he didn't, I'd be sinning daily. God's spirit is helping me put sin to death in my heart every day of my life.